Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TMAC94 View Post
    damn, what picks do we have left for the next 2 years ?
    We have our own pick next year if we don't make the playoffs, if we make it, then we're out of first round picks next year and Atlanta gets the pick (via Brooklin in the Terrence Williams trade), but we secure our own for 2014.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    I went to tonights game and i have realized Lin doesnt complement Harden at all. Lin cant spot up shoot consistently. We share the ball so well that when it ends up in Lins hands there are times he is so hesistant to shoot the crowd had to yell for him to shoot the open jumper after two previous air balls. If we want to be contenders I don't see J.Lin as are PG of the future. You can't have ur PG being one of the most inconsistent players on the team. I understand he is learning, but he is missing a lot of wide open shots and this is a "make or miss league". However, like I said in previous post if we were able to trade for Brandon Jennings... I would do so. Before, anybody goes and says he takes bad shots and is a ball hog ect. go watch a few Bucks games then come back to the forum. I just played back Heat v Bucks game and Jennings controlled the game the whole way through the 3rd.

J.J Redick/Marshawn Brooks/Lamarcus Aldrige/K.Love are a few names that would improve this team. Outside of Harden/Asik/Parsons everybody else is expandable.

Trade for Jennings
    Trade for Lamarcus or K.Love(LaMarcus might have a lower market value than K.Love)
    Or
    Sign
    Al Jefferson or Millsap
    Cp3 if available...*pipe dream*

vCash
    On NBA 2K?

vCash
    Royce White is a *****. If we do sign James Anderson and Patrick Beverly (feigen twitter) wpuld we have to cut 2 people or just send 2 to the d league?

vCash
    We can only have 15 under contract. So if White is gone (looking more and more like it everyday) they'd still have to cut/trade someone. What do you think we could get for Daquan Cook? 2nd rounder from a contender? At least it's something as he's basically Delfino's backup and hadn't showed hardly anything in his limited time. Maybe Machado/Cook/Patterson for someone?
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 12-30-2012 at 03:57 PM.

vCash
    I feel like we should be able to get a second from okc miami nyk or someone but morey probably won't pull the trigger on a trade like that right now

vCash
    According to Johnathan feigen we signed Anderson and cut cook

vCash
    Yeah, I just saw that. Guess there were no takers, although I imagine he'll get picked up by someone fairly soon.

vCash
    Cook is/was/has always been terrible.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    i would really like to see more out of terrance jones, before relegating him to d league obscurity. i saw some really nice flashes from the kid, and before breaking the bank on a sexy household name, why not give him some more time? thats what irks me about mchale. he's so JVG, when it comes to player development. at least sleepy adelman would play the young guys if they practiced hard. not lurch. not smeagle. sad.

i agree with the overall sentiment that an offensive post presence is sorely needed. our 4's play too much perimeter ball. lin doesnt suck dude, he doesnt have anybody to drop the ball into to create some space and allow him to move without the ball. in NY he had multiple offensive big men. here he has none. asik is the offensive big's best friend because he'll do the dirty work and like doing it. kinda like otis thorpe.

some scenario's of obtaining entrenched players or gutting the roster for a couple of guys isnt realistic. IMO we are 1 offensive big man away from competing, and once the team gels and gets a little experience i can see a very good team.

"If I had to pick a center [for an all-time best team], I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Patrick Ewing. It leaves out Wilt Chamberlain. It leaves out a lot of people. And the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. He was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him." -Michael Jordan

vCash
    it's rather obvious jones wont get any playing time right now, so i'd rather him get playing time in the d-league. the d-league isnt like a death sentence anymore. teams are finally using it as a developmental part of their organization instead of it just being for wanna be NBAers.

no rockets rookie get significant time early on. brooks didnt get significant minutes until mid to late December landry until mid to late January. patterson until new years. marcus morris at all really. the main difference is that those guys didnt really have much talent blocking their way. rafer alston, mike harris, those are the kinds of guys that they were going up against for PT.

the only rookies who have gotten significant early playing time have been scola (who was for all intents and purposes was a vet), budinger, and parsons (who became a starter much faster than any of the other - under mchale)

so i dont exactly buy that mchale refuses to play rookies just cause they are rookies. i think that the staff just feels that morris and patterson are better players at the moment
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbal Christ View Post
    i would really like to see more out of terrance jones, before relegating him to d league obscurity. i saw some really nice flashes from the kid, and before breaking the bank on a sexy household name, why not give him some more time? thats what irks me about mchale. he's so JVG, when it comes to player development. at least sleepy adelman would play the young guys if they practiced hard. not lurch. not smeagle. sad.

i agree with the overall sentiment that an offensive post presence is sorely needed. our 4's play too much perimeter ball. lin doesnt suck dude, he doesnt have anybody to drop the ball into to create some space and allow him to move without the ball. in NY he had multiple offensive big men. here he has none. asik is the offensive big's best friend because he'll do the dirty work and like doing it. kinda like otis thorpe.

some scenario's of obtaining entrenched players or gutting the roster for a couple of guys isnt realistic. IMO we are 1 offensive big man away from competing, and once the team gels and gets a little experience i can see a very good team.
    You're forgetting the Rockets are 18-14 on the season, 7-3 in the last 10 games, on which was supposed to be a rebulding year. Patterson was playing well before he got hurt, especially on the offensive end and he was awesome all game tonight. Morris played really well replacing him when he was out, spacing out the floor and playing fast in transition. I agree that this team could use more offense from the post, but i don't think Jones would help more than Patterson at it. And also, Greh Smith has gotten more and more minutes and he is playing well on both ends of the floor.

Jones is just a rookie, give him time, he will get his chance. You say you saw some flashes but you didn't see some consistency, and that's what he'll get playing more in the D-League.

I actually expected more out of Donatas Motiejunas, I think his style of play would fit really well on the team.

vCash
    moved to other thread.
    Last edited by WhiteSoxGod; 01-03-2013 at 06:50 PM.
    2014 PSD 7 RD NFL MOCK DRAFT
    TEXANS GM- WHITESOXGOD
    1st rd- Jadaveon Clowney, LB/DE, South Carolina
    1st rd (via trade)- Johnny Manziel, QB, TX A&M
    3rd rd- DaQuan Jones, NT, Penn State
    4th rd- Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
    5th rd- Jon Halapio, OG, THE University of Florida
    5th rd (via trade)- Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma
    6th rd- Colt Lyerla, TE, Oregon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12