Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Have you guys seen Nick Newell fight?

I'm so impressed by this kid. He must have so much heart and determination. I wish Dana would give him a shot against a UFC fighter. If he wins give him a contract. If he loses then he can move on or offer him a shot on TUF. Dana did not seem interested before but now may reconsider.

He won the XFC championship in around 1 minute. Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ipes9rNBQs

vCash
    yea that guy is really impressive, imagine if he had both hands.

vCash
    In that video they said not having a full left arm was actually helping Nick with that choke hold. Dana has been asked about him a few times. I think he should at least offer him a shot on TUF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    In that video they said not having a full left arm was actually helping Nick with that choke hold. Dana has been asked about him a few times. I think he should at least offer him a shot on TUF.
    theres really no reason not to bc thats such a low risk high reward for the organization...it just adds more potential talent

vCash
    Yeah he would be perfect for TUF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    It definitely does, hard to get wrist control on someone who... Doesn't have a wrist... Guys probably panic when what they normally do to get out isn't working.

I mean his left arm can't be that strong, look how small it is compared to his right arm. Guys a badass though, really hope ufc gives him a shot.

vCash
    Professional fighters at the UFC level will gameplan for him not having a hand on that side of his body. He can expect a ton of leg kicks to that side because he is less likely to grab and go for the takedown. Also he only has one hand to move away from in the standup. Top level strikers will pick him apart in the standup.

But from what I've read that nub gives him an advantage in many ways on the ground. On heel heeks the opponent doesn't have a forearm to grab and its supposedly nearly impossible to keep him using that on chokes.

According to sherdog he has auditioned for TUF twice and didn't get on because (1) He wouldn't fight at 145 and (2) He was a last minute cut.