Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Avery Johnson

vCash

Avery Johnson

Lets do the SMART thing and hire Johnson, I think he can kick these guys into shape.

vCash
    Pass. Nets are playing really well and they can him?? Must be for a reason.

Anybody watching The Association on NBATV??

I like the show, but don't get the channel. Next episode should be a good one.

vCash
    I'd love this.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Oh, and there's no way Magoof's are going to fire Smart.

Sorry to anybody that thinks there's actually a chance. I'm on the bangwagon to fire him, but the Magoof's just can't afford it.

vCash
    there's absolutely no chance they do. they will trade cousins before they hired a new coach. it came down the wire today. they're behind smart and they'll let his contract run out or at least let PW's contract run out before they pay anybody else

vCash
    I don't know if Avery Johnson is the coach that we need. He'd be an improvement for sure, but I'd be concerned that our offense still wouldn't have much structure. Maybe he'd blend in enough structure to make it work though.

Regardless,with the Maloofs our chances of signing him are not good to say the least.
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    Not happening. I don't see him even having success (nor really anyone) if it were to magically happen.

vCash
    Avery Johnson is one hell of a coach. He's a players coach, but he's very stern! I watch The Association and like what I see just in those 30 min... He's better than Smart. With Avery being a PG, I would like to see what he could do developing Jimmer or even Evans.

I also would like to see what Patrick Ewing is about. He has about 9 years of coaching under his belt and hasn't got an opportunity. I think he'd be perfect in mentoring Cousins as well as demand work ethic with this team.

With that said, I don't think the Kings are going to be able to get a veteran Coach... I think its going to be a young coach the Kings take a chance on, someone who's been an assistant with one of the great veteran coaches in the league.
    Last edited by iMac; 12-28-2012 at 01:05 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    Avery Johnson is one hell of a coach. He's a players coach, but he's very stern! I watch The Association and like what I see just in those 30 min... He's better than Smart. With Avery being a PG, I would like to see what he could do developing Jimmer or even Evans.

I also would like to see what Patrick Ewing is about. He has about 9 years of coaching under his belt and hasn't got an opportunity. I think he'd be perfect in mentoring Cousins as well as demand work ethic with this team.

With that said, I don't think the Kings are going to be able to get a veteran Coach... I think its going to be a young coach the Kings take a chance on, someone who's been an assistant with one of the great veteran coaches in the league.
    I was wanting Ewing when we fired Westfail. Would love to give him a chance. Perfect mentor for Boogie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZebraCity916 View Post
    I was wanting Ewing when we fired Westfail. Would love to give him a chance. Perfect mentor for Boogie.
    He just knows the game so well, and he's been around some good coaching. Hopefully something happens soon because I'm tired of watching sloppy basketball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    He just knows the game so well, and he's been around some good coaching. Hopefully something happens soon because I'm tired of watching sloppy basketball.
    Exactly. I don't see why we didn't give him a chance. I don't think I ever even heard a rumor about him coming here or anything.

It seems like the guys that should be on our radar aren't, and the guys that we shouldn't really be giving a **** about are.

Magoof's!!!!!