Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerman777 View Post
    I would love a trade up and take Lewan!! But I wouldn't mind if we took Fisher from Central Michigan if he is there, or Cooper from NC. I think we could address rb later with Stepfan Taylor or Montee Ball.

Rd 1- LT. Fisher, Central Michigan
    Rd 2- WR Kenny Stills, OK
    Rd 3- RB Stepfan Taylor, Stanford, or Montee Ball
    sherrod bulaga newhouse barclay datko and we are taking a tackle in the first?

and i dont want to go all offense in the early rounds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    I don't know if they need a jump ball guy Rodgers throws with such precision our receivers never really have to jump. I would like more size but I think Tyler Eifert is the way to go having two potentially elite recieving TEs plus our WRs would be pretty unstoppable.
    go for Eifert and Zeke Motta
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Um?

RB's after round 3 by Ted

James Starks Round 6
    DeShawn Wynn Round 7

Or

Alex Green Round 3
    Brandon Jackson Round 2

I get your point, don't get me wrong. But to me Ted hasn't shown he hits well on RB's period. So advising we should pick one high rather than low had me a touch confused. Unless you're just saying get a guy who just has to be a sure thing.
    im saying all those RBs are garbage and we should take one higher to have a higher probability of hitting.... or we should just resign benson and let benson and harris battle it out....... to me picking a RB after the 2nd round with TT past history is wasting a pick...... that 3rd or 4th round pick could be better spent on defense or OL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    im saying all those RBs are garbage and we should take one higher to have a higher probability of hitting.... or we should just resign benson and let benson and harris battle it out....... to me picking a RB after the 2nd round with TT past history is wasting a pick...... that 3rd or 4th round pick could be better spent on defense or OL
    Just saying it seems like a wasted pick in R2 and R3 by the history. In fact I'd wager based on what Starks did for us late 2010 he was better LATER.

That's all I'm saying. I get your logic in general. Not sure it fits what Ted's done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    Make the line better and every running back on the roster is better. It seems like TT can find serviceable RB's working at Domino's on a weeks notice.

I'm actually thinking we should take a true top of the line Guard in this draft. To prepare for an injury to Lang or Sitton as depth or to be their eventual replacement 2 years from now.
    Last edited by vbjunkie; 01-08-2013 at 07:32 PM.

Graham Harrell #6 QB
    2 Comp. 3 ATT 20 Yards 0 TDs 4 Rush -3 Yards 0 TD 1 Fumble 0 INT

Jumped on the Bandwagon in 1969

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vbjunkie View Post
    Make the line better and every running back on the roster is better. It seems like TT can find serviceable RB's working at Domino's on a weeks notice.

I'm actually thinking we should take a true top of the line Guard in this draft. To prepare for an injury to Lang or Sitton as depth or to be their eventual replacement 2 years from now.
    That's somewhat true, but if you don't have a back with vision it's not going to do any good. I'm still skeptical that Green can get it done in that area.

vCash

Run Blocking lineman

GB has some solid run blocking lineman but from what I'm seeing I feel TT is drafting with a bigger emphasis on Pass Pro. Josh Sitton is the Packers best run blocking OL and he isn't with the elite Guards in that area. Pass Pro he is hands down one of the best. Bulaga is pretty much the same(Going off last year). Newhouse is MUCH better in pass protection mainly because his run blocking his just purely below average.

Anyway I do feel part of the problem with GB's backs have been blocking but not as much as you would think. I've been a big fan of Harris but IDK if that is due to not seeing a good back in Green and Gold in awhile or not.

I say bring back Benson and Harris and Green with a mid rd pick at RB if possible.. Just because AP tore it up after a knee injury doesn't mean every back does. Maybe Green will be much better next year and giving up on him this early especially after the injury would be a completely wasted third rd pick. Starks needs to start over elsewhere. He is just never healthy. He is a good back he really is but you have to stay on the field.

vCash
    The one thing I really like about Harris is he's decisive and then he's got that home run speed to take him the distance. We don't really have a back like that besides him. Now the real question is are we going to go after a back like that in the draft or go with a bruiser?

vCash
    i love harris... he has shown to have the vision we need... and barclay has seemed to shore up the run block IMO... he gets beat in Pass Pro more than I like but to me he has been the difference maker in running the ball so far.

Harris has the speed and vision to be our best back... i would rather see us shore up the OL and DL before we start adding that franchise RB but again you take the best talent at that pick.

To me right now Barrett Jones makes the most sense if he is still there... otherwise to trade up or back.... up if u are thinking we can give up a couple picks for one impact player... back if you just plain want DEPTH.... no matter what the packers will be in great shape next year when everyone is healthy!!

Figure out a way to keep the guys we have healthy and we got a SB contending team once again

vCash

Center

This coming draft is loaded with mid rd Centers and I think GB will find some1 they really like as a prospect in the third/fourth rd. I mean all you have to do is look back at recent history of the top centers and see it isnt uncommon at all for them to be drafted outside of the first 2 rds.

Off the top of my head these are some players that were drafted late.
    John Sullivan
    Chris Myers
    Jeff Saturday
    Scott Wells

Mike Pouncey, Nick Mangold are two players that were drafted high and have been really good Centers. I wish I could find(without going through and looking it all up myself) how a Center drafted in the first two rds over the last 10 years has done.
    Last edited by Kevolu; 01-09-2013 at 04:06 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevolu View Post
    This coming draft is loaded with mid rd Centers and I think GB will find some1 they really like as a prospect in the third/fourth rd. I mean all you have to do is look back at recent history of the top centers and see it isnt uncommon at all for them to be drafted outside of the first 2 rds.

Off the top of my head these are some players that were drafted late.
    John Sullivan
    Chris Myers
    Jeff Saturday
    Scott Wells

Mike Pouncey, Nick Mangold are two players that were drafted high and have been really good Centers. I wish I could find(without going through and looking it all up myself) how a Center drafted in the first two rds over the last 10 years has done.
    I'm bored while I'm eating.

Mike Pouncey
    Stefen Wisniewski
    Rodney Hudson
    Eric Wood
    Ryan Kalil
    Samson Satele
    Nick Mangold
    Chris Spencer
    Jeff Faine
    Bruce Nelson
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.

Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I'm bored while I'm eating.
    Ranking according to PFF's grades this year of players that played at least 25% of snaps at Center.
    Mike Pouncey-8th
    Stefen Wisniewski-15th
    Rodney Hudson-fared well in 3 games
    Eric Wood-25th
    Ryan Kalil-struggled through 5(7th last year)
    Samson Satele-33rd
    Nick Mangold-6th
    Chris Spencer-plays Guard but is below average
    Jeff Faine-36th(Dead last)
    Bruce Nelson-Played two seasons before having to retire becuase of injuries.
    Maurkice Pouncey- 12th and is one of the most overrated players in the NFL.
    Well based on this it doesn't look like Centers drafted high is a sure thing. This is also a one year sample size and Centers could of largely had a down year. Mangold is constantly one of the better Centers in the NFL. Mike Pouncey is on his way to being one of the best. I personally would just rather see GB take the draft and develop approach even if that means taking a mid and late rd Center/Guard. EDS is at least a very good stopgap if nothing else. I would like to see TT bring in a 3rd/4th rd pick to compete with EDS for the spot and if we are lucky take over the Center spot.. I'm a believer in EDS but not a huge fan. I don't see him as ever a top 5 Center in the NFL just a very solid Center.
    Last edited by Kevolu; 01-09-2013 at 05:23 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tram0n man View Post
    sherrod bulaga newhouse barclay datko and we are taking a tackle in the first?

and i dont want to go all offense in the early rounds
    I all I am saying is if there is solid offensive lneman there when we pick that will help immediately then pull the trigger. Maybe its just me but I am tired of watching Rodgers take a beating. To me Sherrod is a huge question mark, Bulaga is our right tackle, Barclay is a project even they he has played well, Newhouse I dont feel is our LT of the future, and Datko is also a big project. I would just like to us get that LT that will hold down that side for years to come like Clifton did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerman777 View Post
    I all I am saying is if there is solid offensive lneman there when we pick that will help immediately then pull the trigger. Maybe its just me but I am tired of watching Rodgers take a beating. To me Sherrod is a huge question mark, Bulaga is our right tackle, Barclay is a project even they he has played well, Newhouse I dont feel is our LT of the future, and Datko is also a big project. I would just like to us get that LT that will hold down that side for years to come like Clifton did.

I thought Newhouse took a huge leap forward this year and held his own very well against Allen the last two weeks. I know the Packers are big on the player they feel he could be. Barclay is very far from being a good starter in this league but hopefully keeps developing and is at least good depth behind Bulaga. The Packers know Sherrod's situation much more than we do at this point so going into the draft they will know better than any1 what to do. If he is back to 100% it will be just like getting a second first rd pick in this coming draft and makes taking a tackle completely unneeded. Datko was very inconsistent in camp last year but picked it up a lot toward the end and has good potential. This is his scouting report before he entered the draft last year. The kid has potential that is for sure. I'm just honestly not that concerned with the tackle situation. People seem to forget how many Sacks Rodgers actually takes because of holding onto the ball way to long. I saw a stat where Packers give up nearly the least sacks under 2.5 seconds( I forget exactly what it was)

When healthy, Datko is a force to be reckoned with. He stands at 6'6'' and has done well to add bulk to his big frame (he now registers at 321 pounds). However, more impressive than his size is his brute strength. Datko uses that strength very well up front and is sound in both run and pass protection. Scouts will also love his work ethic and the fact that he comes with no off-the-field concerns. If Datko can solve his injury problems, a first-round selection in 2012 is not out of the question.

vCash
    Dude, I don't care about Datko until I actually see the guy suite up. I watched him all the time at Florida State and I understand why you're excited by his talent but I just remember him getting hurt alot in games and not being tough at all.

I hope he can stay healthy and find that mean streak that he needs.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast