Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    For the 2nd round I'd like:

Joseph Randle
    David Emerson
    DJ Flaker
    Jonathan Jenkins

Obviously all of this depends on what we do in the 1st but I just think Randle can help this team from day one (I know some of you aren't very high on him), Emerson if he's tree would be a nice value, I know we don't need anymore DB's but it never hurts. He also has the potential to possibly play safety as well and for me I'm not 100% sold on M.D. or McMillan. Competition never hurts right?
    I think we really look in the 2nd and 3rd round for some O-line help and rightfully so as there is a ton of talent. Fluker I thin fits that bill, and for me is just a guy that every time I've watched him this year(I watched 8 Bama games this year) he simply went to work on his opponent. Also, adding D-line help never really hurts as we don't know going forward what the status of Pickett will be. I know Georgia isn't really a TT move but getting a guy like Jenkins would allow us to move Raji around more. Plus he's huge at 6-4 340
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    Barrett Jones is a CRAZY talent and if he is there in the 1st I would be really upset that we didn't take him. The guy literally can play every position on the offensive line.

vCash

Barrett Jones

I really can't be the only one to not want him. He is being overrated by Packer fans because of his 'Versatility'. Everything I've seen tells me he isn't as strong or quick as the other top talents at his position but is being raised up mocks because of that 1 word 'Versatility'. He is a technician but doesn't have close to the ceiling as any other OLineman that will be drafted in the first 2 rds. About a month ago he was being graded as a first but now I'm seeing him slide into the 2nd on at least 50% of Mocks. I actually saw a major site recently saying he has reached his ceiling and wont be that great on the next level.

Guards and Centers are constantly being snagged up in the mid to late rds and are very successful. Look at the Packers. Sitton and Lang 4th rd. Wells 7th rd. EDS and Saturday undrafted. EDS has been a really solid run blocker(Actually according to PFF the 2nd best on the Packers roster). He is strong enough to not get manhandled by tackles in the passing game also. I would love to see the Packers draft a mid rd interior lineman or even two to compete with EDS and even Lang(Even though I'm completely sold on Lang at LG for years to come).

vCash
    First we have to think of positions where the Packers are or possibly are losing Starters/depth, Where they are the Strongest, and what spots are the strongest in the draft(IDK nearly enough to get that far so I'll go with the first two steps lol).

The position where Packers are most losing starters are:
    WR, and TE. Other possibilities are ILB and FS.

Losing Depth at C, and WR for sure.

Positions I REALLY doubt are drafted in first 2 RD's
    Cornerback-Packers Strongest position assuming Shields is back has to be

ILB- Even if Hawk is released ILB has a lot of Depth

QB -with Rodgers is pretty much set.

Positions that most likely won't be addressed in first 2 RDs but wouldn't be surprised if they were.
    OLB- with Matthews Perry and Moses is looking to be stronger next year with Perry further developing.

Tackle/Guard- I already explained my position on Guard. Tackle is a thing I can't really touch on because it all relies on Sherrod which I can't tell you his physical health. The Packers and TT will know exactly where he stands before the draft. If His career is further put on hold or even ruined by this injury it may be necessary to draft a Tackle high for the third time in four years.

Safety- Burnett will be a fixture for years to come but if Woodson isn't back next year what to do. They have Jennings there now and McMillian started the season off strong and looks to have potential. The wildcard next year could be Richardson. He is very big and very fast for the position but really raw.

Could easily be explained why these positions were taken in first 2 rds. I'm actually just going to lump the rest together. It's hard to say which of these is more needed and a lot could change from now to the draft.
    DE- got a lot deeper over this last year and with players like Neal, Worthy,Daniels,Wilson,Raji it is a young and solid group. I wouldn't doubt 1 bit another player is added to the mix though. This group could be much better still.

Wide Receiver- When you are losing Jennings and Driver you would figure this is a must draft high but it truly isn't. They have Nelson, Cobb, and Jones plus a young player that obviously impressed them a lot in Boykin. That being said they will have their eye on a couple WR's and if they drop far enough they will absolutely pull the trigger evidenced by Cobb two years ago.

Tight End- Finley is all but gone and that leaves a big hole at the position. Depending on Quarless and Williams development the Packers may not have any Legit receiving TE's. They have plenty who can block but I'd love to see a duel threat. Quarless and Williams are both solid and willing blockers while Crabtree has struggled more than most would believe. This is a solid year to take a TE in the draft and it may be the perfect time for the Packers to buy high on one.

RB- Benson looked good to start the year and isn't on contract for next year. After him Green hasn't shown enough, Starks is completely injury prone, Grant is gone, and not enough is known of Harris. I'm not sure if I like any of the top RB's and I really hope none are taken in the first rd.

So after all that I'm probably nowhere near what will really happen. Hopefully TT can pull off some more of his magic from last year. He traded up multiple times and gave up little to nothing. Made great Picks. Possible DROY any1? Based on this years draft class and the Packers needs I'd say the first rd pick will be a WR, TE, or DE with longshots being FS, RB, and OLB.
    Last edited by Kevolu; 12-30-2012 at 03:26 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevolu View Post
    I really can't be the only one to not want him. He is being overrated by Packer fans because of his 'Versatility'. Everything I've seen tells me he isn't as strong or quick as the other top talents at his position but is being raised up mocks because of that 1 word 'Versatility'. He is a technician but doesn't have close to the ceiling as any other OLineman that will be drafted in the first 2 rds. About a month ago he was being graded as a first but now I'm seeing him slide into the 2nd on at least 50% of Mocks. I actually saw a major site recently saying he has reached his ceiling and wont be that great on the next level.

Guards and Centers are constantly being snagged up in the mid to late rds and are very successful. Look at the Packers. Sitton and Lang 4th rd. Wells 7th rd. EDS and Saturday undrafted. EDS has been a really solid run blocker(Actually according to PFF the 2nd best on the Packers roster). He is strong enough to not get manhandled by tackles in the passing game also. I would love to see the Packers draft a mid rd interior lineman or even two to compete with EDS and even Lang(Even though I'm completely sold on Lang at LG for years to come).
    You must not be watching the same game tape then. Last time I checked you play Center, LG, LT , and RT and dominate against SEC opponents at each position it means your pretty good.

I'm not saying I would be upset if we went with someone else, all I'm saying is if he is still there we better nab him.

vCash
    First we have to think of positions where the Packers are or possibly are losing Starters/depth, Where they are the Strongest, and what spots are the strongest in the draft(IDK nearly enough to get that far so I'll go with the first two steps lol).

Positions that most likely won't be addressed in first 2 RDs but wouldn't be surprised if they were.
    OLB- with Matthews Perry and Moses is looking to be stronger next year with Perry further developing.

Tackle/Guard- I already explained my position on Guard. Tackle is a thing I can't really touch on because it all relies on Sherrod which I can't tell you his physical health. The Packers and TT will know exactly where he stands before the draft. If His career is further put on hold or even ruined by this injury it may be necessary to draft a Tackle high for the third time in four years.

Safety- Burnett will be a fixture for years to come but if Woodson isn't back next year what to do. They have Jennings there now and McMillian started the season off strong and looks to have potential. The wildcard next year could be Richardson. He is very big and very fast for the position but really raw.

Could easily be explained why these positions were taken in first 2 rds. I'm actually just going to lump the rest together. It's hard to say which of these is more needed and a lot could change from now to the draft.
    DE- got a lot deeper over this last year and with players like Neal, Worthy,Daniels,Wilson,Raji it is a young and solid group. I wouldn't doubt 1 bit another player is added to the mix though. This group could be much better still.

Wide Receiver- When you are losing Jennings and Driver you would figure this is a must draft high but it truly isn't. They have Nelson, Cobb, and Jones plus a young player that obviously impressed them a lot in Boykin. That being said they will have their eye on a couple WR's and if they drop far enough they will absolutely pull the trigger evidenced by Cobb two years ago.

Tight End- Finley is all but gone and that leaves a big hole at the position. Depending on Quarless and Williams development the Packers may not have any Legit receiving TE's. They have plenty who can block but I'd love to see a duel threat. Quarless and Williams are both solid and willing blockers while Crabtree has struggled more than most would believe. This is a solid year to take a TE in the draft and it may be the perfect time for the Packers to buy high on one.

RB- Benson looked good to start the year and isn't on contract for next year. After him Green hasn't shown enough, Starks is completely injury prone, Grant is gone, and not enough is known of Harris. I'm not sure if I like any of the top RB's and I really hope none are taken in the first rd.

So after all that I'm probably nowhere near what will really happen. Hopefully TT can pull off some more of his magic from last year. He traded up multiple times and gave up little to nothing. Made great Picks. Possible DROY any1? Based on this years draft class and the Packers needs I'd say the first rd pick will be a WR, TE, or DE with longshots being FS, RB, and OLB.
    I still think we go after someone a little earlier for WR. I could also see them going TE early as well, however as I stated in an earlier forum, I think DJ Williams is a hidden gem. Especially now that he figured out how to block a little better. ALso I've never been sold on Quarless and I'm not sure what everybody else say in him except for his ridiculous tattoo.

I really hope we go after RB earlier. I know it's not likely but there is so much talent in the draft for the position. I would love any of the following backs:

Bernard
    Randle
    Stef Taylor
    L. Bell
    M. Ball

As I think any of those back could step in from day one and be better then who we have right now.

vCash

First off Welcome and post often!

If we release Hawk we don't have depth at the ILB position. We have Bishop who had a serious injury this year and can hopefully return to form next season, Jones who has looked good, Smith who dropped off from what he was doing last year, Francios and Lattimore are more special teams and just backups not much for relying on starting for to long, and the rookie Terrell Manning who we haven't seen much of, so I would love to take one early if there is one that is worth taking early.

With Wide Receiver I see us taking one high, Like you said we have Nelson, Cobb, and Jones, and that would be our top three we do have Boykin but, if he was really in the plans for our offense why haven't we seen more of him by now I mean even when Nelson and Jennings out we hardly saw him on offense so that Makes me think he is just for special teams with the occasional offensive snap. So that means we have a void to fill.

I know most will disagree with me but, I won't believe Finley is gone until it actually happens, but with that Said I could see us picking up one in the top three rounds this year, I can see Crabtree gone and It will depend on Quarless if he can come back to normal he started looking good before his injury. I would love to see more of Taylor because I still think he has a great world of potential and could be that combo of Blocker/Receiver, he may never be a number 1 TE but he could easily be that number 2.

Running backs, There is no doubt they draft one, Green has showed some promise the last few games he looks more patient and is finding the holes, however I think he was drafted to be nothing more than our third down back he just reminds me so much of Brandon Jackson where he may not be the between the tackles runner but he is the blocker and receiving back.

Now as for your other post about Barret Jones, I have had my doubts about him because of the championship game against Georgia, however I still believe he will be a first round and I don't believe he has reached his ceiling, yes people put a lot of emphasis on his versatility which he is really versatile when you can play every position on the line that is awesome especially for our team we love our versatile linemen. and his versatility tells me he has a ton of talent, and will definitely be a reliable starter in the pros. Not only do I really believe that but, I have to go with my guy Shawn Zobel that guy is an amazing draft guru and I believe he still loves Jones in the first.

yes there are a lot of guards and centers taken in the mid and late rounds but, you can't always rely on those guys, sometimes you have to take the top level talent, now whether we do or just role with EDS who knows.
    Eddie Lacy

Carries:284
    Yards: 1178
    Yards/Game: 78.5
    Average: 4.1
    Touchdowns: 11
    Catches: 35
    Yards: 257

vCash

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to agree with you. I've watched a couple of games with him and I didn't see the "dominating" performance that I expected from him. I've kind of mentioned this before but if we get an OL in the 1st round he's got to be pretty good. Mainly because of the stat you just mentioned. We can get guys later in the draft that can still block. Granted, guard is probably the easiest position on the OL to master but it still says something. Tauscher was drafted in the 7th and he had a great career. I do believe that people look at one area of a players game and focus too much on it. There is a long list of players like that. And like you said with Jones "Versatility" has been coming up too often.

vCash
    With or without some of the guys on this roster they need to target ILB, WR, RB, and LT they need depth for the interior OL and the secondary as well as another pass rusher.

Round one I'm looking at Tyler Eifert, Gio Bernard, and Jon Cooper. They could potentilally have a Hernandez-Gronk like duo if both Eifert pans out and Finley continues to return to form. He is a safety net if Finley gets hurt. While Harris looks good nothing wrong with having a ton of good RB's Starks is solid when healthy and Greens a good 3rd down back. Cooper is a monster and may be the best OL in the draft not a need but an upgrade and I can't pass on the guy if he is there if I am Ted Thompson. Sitton is the only starter safe. Bulaga is too he my potentially be shifted if the team sees the opportunity. Lang is good but Cooper can be a pro bowler.

Round two I'm looking Aaron Dobson, Montee Ball, and maybe Nico Johnson. Dobson is a big talented receiver under the radar. Ball is a TD machine and a versatile back. Johnson is a solid player but may be nothing more than a strong starter.

vCash
    I just wrote a book then deleted it so I will keep this short and sweet the second time around.

Every1 will see things differently and by no means am I an expert scout ESPECIALLY when it comes to Olineman. Just going off what I've felt I've seen from Jones and actually have been reading more and more recently. I feel he is a player that may end up dropping into the late 2nd rd. Kind of like Konz did last year after being mocked plenty to the Packers in the first. We will just have to wait and see what happens. If TT drafts him in the first I will be a much bigger believer than I am now.

One player along the OLine I'm interested in would be Brian Winters late 2nd or 3rd rd. He is also versatile and could be a guard or Tackle in the NFL which is natural position would be Tackle. I think a lot on the Oline depends on Sherrod. Only the coaching staff will know if he will be able to go next year or not. I'm a bit higher on EDS than most I'm sure. He is a natural center and has played well. He is a better run blocker and actually IMO the 2nd best on the line behind Sitton.

At ILB I guess I have a different thought about the depth the Packers have. Even without Hawk they have two players I feel are very deserving to start in Bishop and Jones who has completely outclassed Hawk in most the games this year. They also have Smith who did have some struggles but still can be a quality player in this league, Francois, Lattimore, and Manning. The Coaching staff must be very high on Manning who TT did trade up for and MM kept him on the 53 even after his disappointing training camp even if it was because of a sickness. That being said I would have nothing against a mid rd pickup at ILB. I just dont think they need a player that will be ready to play from week 1. Depth is always a necessity.

The way Finley has been playing I'm not sure if it is a guarantee he will be gone but who knows. That report probably didn't come out of nowhere a couple weeks ago. The last month or so he is looking much better though. That being said I'd love to see another TE added to the fold. I think people will realize how much Quarless was missed when he plays next year. The guy is an excellent blocker(MUCH better than Crabtree). I think about that run in the redzone against the VIkes where Crabtree was pancaked on the ground right in the lane which resulted in a stop. Seems like Crabtree is constantly being overpowered. I'm surprised how little we have seen Taylor with the weak blocking we have seen from Crabtree. Makes me wonder how much they actually like the guy. Williams is another player who I'm confused why he isn't seeing the field much. He hasn't done anything as a receiver this year but has been a solid blocker.

I'll end it there. I feel like I could go on for days but no1 wants to read this much. Especially by some1 just ranting more than analyzing.
    Last edited by Kevolu; 12-31-2012 at 08:33 PM.

vCash
    Robert Woods please!

" Aaron Rodgers was sacked 36 times all of last year when he re-wrote the passing record books. Hes been sacked 23 times already. When hes protected in the pocket, the only thing that can stop the Packers are the refs."

vCash
    What are the chances that we look at a Free Agency or a trade or two for some of our needs?

Here is a list that Norm Provided a while ago.

As far as RB goes I was thinking along the lines Ben Tate (wishful thinking) or Montario Hardesty, although I believe both to be highly unlikely.

vCash
    Anyone see the belk bowl game,,,travis kelce te from cinci was pretty good,,he CATCHES THE BAWL runs decent and is a good run blocker,,everything finley isnt id like to see him or effert,,then say bye finley and driver and use the money to resign gennings.....just a thought lol

vCash
    So much good stuff in here. Will respond when I have more time.
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.

Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    Real good post Kevolu. I have to agree with a lot that your thinking right now. I made a post awhile back and it really emphasized that we need to lock up guys that will be looking for a contract next year. I believe I named 3 guys (Burnett, Raji, Clay). I figured it would take around 25 mil between all three of those guys. There is a way we can do that without releasing Finley. Right now my thinking is the Packers staff doesn't want to get nothing in return for him. And that will be the main reason he'll be back next year.

As far as ILB, I don't feel like we got depth there. Brad Jones is a free agent this year. I don't think he'll command a lot of money but I also don't think we'll really go after him. It might be a Walden type of contract where we'll bring him in at camp and just see how things go. Hawk should be here next year, I'd be very surprised if they move him. My main concern with that group is that all of them are very similar in their playing style. Their physical guys that are mainly used for blitzing and stuffing the runs up the middle. Were lacking that nickel LB. As far as Manning goes, I'd be very surprised if he becomes a player. When I saw him in college I didn't really see too much so it didn't surprise me he had a bad camp. Guys have proved me wrong before though.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast