Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Time for Packers/Favre reunion?

Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers shared the stage at the NFL awards last night and it appeared there was no bad vibes from either side. As a fan who's had that pleasure to watch both of their careers I think it is now time to end this awkward standoff between the Packers and Favre. Both Aaron and Brett brought the Lombardi trophy back to its true home and Favre is a 1st ballot hall of famer and Aaron is well on his way. With Driver retiring this week and Favre to thank for a lot Drivers success I think it would be awesome for Brett to show up on Wednesday to Drivers ceremony in Green Bay. Its time to do all that mushy lovey dovey stuff with Favre. Retiring his number finally and getting the guy more involved with the franchise. Lets face it, the Packers would be nowhere close to where they are right now without Favre. He had a huge impact on the direction of the team and the 2003 stadium renovation probably doesn't happen if Favre didn't come to town. What do you guys think?

vCash
    I remember reading something about them retiring Favre's number on 4/4/14 but not sure how true that is. But i agree, hopefully they will get over the past and move forward
    My 2014 Adopted Packer: Blow Job Raji

vCash
    It'll happen when its time to happen, I'm sure of it. I hope they're more concerned with putting the pieces together and getting primed to win another Super Bowl. Windows close fast in the NFL. Huge opportunity in front of this team and it can't be wasted.

vCash
    Planning a ceremony for Brett most likely wouldn't affect offseason plans at all

vCash
    That was awesome. That whole exchange was awesome, and then Peyton's comments right after that were just as awesome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tongue-Splitter View Post
    That was awesome. That whole exchange was awesome, and then Peyton's comments right after that were just as awesome.
    Is there a vid of it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    Is there a vid of it?
    here you go....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH-Wsw3jvds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritBstars1 View Post
    To me, that looked pretty forced and scripted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritBstars1 View Post
    Thanks. What did Peyton say that Tongue-splitter was talking about?

vCash
    something to the effect of in a couple of years it will be him and Luck giving away the award...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    You don't say! Scripted? Never would have thought it could have been possibly ever ever possibly ever scripted.

vCash
    Favre wants to be back. He knows his legacy lies with the pack. I think aaron is a bit more resistant. I think hes disgusted by favre as a person and he doesnt want his clean image sullied by favre. At the same time he knows that its important for the packer nation to move past it so hes going along reluctantly
    JORDY NELSON #87
    Brewers
    Packers Badgers

Brewermobile

NFL=Passion and intensity
    MLB=History and finesse
    NBA=All about lookin' pretty
    NHL=Money's more important than teeth

vCash
    Favre looked old as **** though didn't he lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    The producers of the show gave them a direction and then brett and aaron probably quickly came up with a gist of what they were going to say. if there was any doubt in your mind that that wasn't scripted and that they just went up there and wung it you should seriously re-think. that does not mean it wasn't sincere and that they weren't having fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thechidz View Post
    Favre wants to be back. He knows his legacy lies with the pack. I think aaron is a bit more resistant. I think hes disgusted by favre as a person and he doesnt want his clean image sullied by favre. At the same time he knows that its important for the packer nation to move past it so hes going along reluctantly
    this is all just noise and an opinion given based on basically no facts at all. Why there is a need to think that Aaron hates Brett is beyond me. If you think Mark Murphy would tell Aaron that there would be a "reunion" with Favre and you think Aaron would only go along with it reluctantly because he thinks that its what the fans need you are also delusional

Id love to see Favre at the Driver ceremony

vCash
    I think Favre SHOULD be at the Driver ceremony. If he doesn't then all its proving is that he is immature and self-centered. Driver played a big part in Favre's career and was always a great teammate to him. If he doesn't want to go just cause of what happened between him and the Packers then that is just sad on his part.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast