Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    ...but he was not, as he mention in this sentence.

He in essence is saying that it does not matter where the fences are at, that the talent is what makes the difference. If you have guys that can hit, they will hit, if you don't then it does not matter.
    On the other hand he wrote:

The notion that a field can be unfair just makes no sense.
    The original Citi Field was indeed unfair.How many times did we see hitters tatto the ball only to see it knock off the wall or better yet, caught in front of the Mo Zone.

Those fences were ridiculously unfair.

And the notion that Citi Field was more unfair to the Mets than other teams was a red herring. That was never the issue. The issue was that it broke hitters hearts and it sucked to have to play your home games there as a hitter.

No matter how you spin it, those are absolute truths.
    but again it stop some balls from going out of the park, but now there are some balls that would be outs that back then would of been doubles or triples.

So the perception is that because there are more homers hit, that it is more hitter friendly. Reality is that good to great hitters will hit just about anywhere and not blame the ball park.

But at the same time I understand that homers sell tickets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    This statement I 100 percent agree with. And everyone hates Murph, wants him traded, everyone thinks Tejada should be a back up. Why? Those 2 Mets do this, they get on base and get the job done.
    I think he was being sarcastic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    The park being too big was the panacea excuse for fans who could not accept the team was pathetic.

Did they Coupons build a dumb park? of they did they're the Coupons!!!

But they built a team that was worse.

At least they corrected their own stupidity to some degree, but too late.
    Too late for what? The world didn't end December 21.

Omar and now SA are architects of the team. And it was Omar who apparently pushed for a larger park to build the team around pitching and defense.

You are colorful. There is a lot to be said for that.

"The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Too late for what? The world didn't end December 21.

Omar and now SA are architects of the team. And it was Omar who apparently pushed for a larger park to build the team around pitching and defense.

You are colorful. There is a lot to be said for that.

Dec 21st? what are you talking about? How many years did it take them to fix their stupid park? how we all loved the mo-zone, the ludicrous dimensions and the miserable black walls of doom...I'm surprised you can't remember.

LOL!!! Yeah Fred built his park to Omar's specs, gimme a break. I suppose it was Omar that wanted a shrine to the Dodgers and Giants too?

You're hilarious in your defense of Fredo, there's something to be said for that too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Dec 21st? what are you talking about? How many years did it take them to fix their stupid park? how we all loved the mo-zone, the ludicrous dimensions and the miserable black walls of doom...I'm surprised you can't remember.

LOL!!! Yeah Fred built his park to Omar's specs, gimme a break. I suppose it was Omar that wanted a shrine to the Dodgers and Giants too?

You're hilarious in your defense of Fredo, there's something to be said for that too.
    Actually the reports i heard was that Jeff Wilpon acquiesced to Tony Bernazard's request for a large outfield. Bernazard envisioned the team capitalizing on the two speedy youngsters they had in the minors, Carlos Gomez and Fernando Martinez.

That didn't work out too well.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    but again it stop some balls from going out of the park, but now there are some balls that would be outs that back then would of been doubles or triples.
    How is a ball that would have been a home run over a deeper, higher fence now an out with a shallower, shorter fence?

What am I not seeing?
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash

The New Dimensions at Citi Field, Much Ado About Nothing

Am talking that in the old dimensions that would of happen. With the new dimensions there are more homers, but less doubles and triples.

vCash
    The problem with the old dimensions is that they took away from David Wright's strength to hit for power the other way. And even if he pulled it there was a ridiculously tall wall in left. Those dimensions were not fair for him. It definitely got into his head the first few seasons at Citi. I like the way they are right now.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    The Mets sucked this year.

I think moving the fences in did make a difference, and the proof is in the last stat there: 54% of homers off Met pitchers were hit at home as opposed to 42% the prior 3 years. Now, I'm not sure if the difference is THAT drastic, but at the very least that margin is significant.
    "If we could talk about it and get (to the playoffs), it would've already been done. We know that talking won't get it done. We have to earn it." - Jets Coach Rex Ryan
    #hatersgonnahate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12