Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How optimistic are you about the Mets future?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very optimistic

10 15.63%
  • Optimistic

35 54.69%
  • Not sure yet

12 18.75%
  • Not very optimistic

6 9.38%
  • Not optimistic at all

1 1.56%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    vCash
    To get back to the OP's question...

Yes, I am a lot more optimistic about the future of the Mets after the Dickey trade. We received maximum value for Dickey and our future pitching staff looks very bright. Locking up D-Wright sends a positive message and if we can sign an OF bat and a bullpen arm or two, we will be better than a lot of people expect in 2013. For 2014 and beyond, I am very excited and the usual debbie-downers will ruin another thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    No, I'm saying improving it is not my job.

That's your opinion, not mine.

I don't care if it's useless to you, you don't decide the ground on which an opinion is valid or not, you also don't set the parameters under which criticism is acceptable or not. I see right through your silly game of pretend GM's, and i'll express my opinions on the Mets as I see fit.

My opinions are based on watching these creeps operate for over 25 years, I have watched them lie and cheat this city and its baseball fans for far too long.

Why does it bother you so much that I won't buy into this fantasy rebuild?
    You've made that very clear. I'm saying that there is noo one out there worth spending on that will help out now and long term. Your main complaint is that they won't spend, and you do know that SPENDING does not guarentee improving the team right? When we got Bay we certainly "improved" the team right?

Whether you like it or not, whether you want to believe it or not, FACTS are that the Mets are rebuilding. You seem to still be that "win-now, **** the future" mode, and it's time to change. It's definitely OK to be skeptical, but at least watch it play out first, because when is that last time we actually had a rebuild?

And to address your previous post, I didn't say improving the team was a waste of time, I said it would be a waste of money to make improvements that wouldn't make enough of a difference now. I'm sure they will fill out the roster for one more season, and then Sandy will have the option to go after quality FA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmantrash View Post
    It's Sandy's job to run the team, not ours.
    Asking a fan to come up with a plan is not fair.
    It kills me when people say" THen you come up with something better"

Sandy gets paid to to that, we dont
    Obviously, and I didn't ask him to come up with a plan, just a few ideas on some players we can go after to make the team substantially better. Anyone can go on MLBTR and look at the FA market and say who we should get. It isn't rocket-science.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    You've made that very clear. I'm saying that there is noo one out there worth spending on that will help out now and long term. Your main complaint is that they won't spend, and you do know that SPENDING does not guarentee improving the team right? When we got Bay we certainly "improved" the team right?

Whether you like it or not, whether you want to believe it or not, FACTS are that the Mets are rebuilding. You seem to still be that "win-now, **** the future" mode, and it's time to change. It's definitely OK to be skeptical, but at least watch it play out first, because when is that last time we actually had a rebuild?

And to address your previous post, I didn't say improving the team was a waste of time, I said it would be a waste of money to make improvements that wouldn't make enough of a difference now. I'm sure they will fill out the roster for one more season, and then Sandy will have the option to go after quality FA.

I totally disagree that it is now, and has been impossible to improve a 74 win win who has no OF and has the worst pen in baseball.

When we got Bay we were attempting to improve the team, what are you saying exactly? - because of Bay there's no point trying to do anything?

The fact IMO is not that the Mets are rebuilding at all, they're simply want a much cheaper team than a few years ago, and these prospects are the residue of that, when you gut your team of talent, you're going to get good prospects back. So a downsize and a rebuild can look very alike.

You're a young kid, you think you know everything, but you don't know thew Coupons young padawan.

Come 2014 and down the line we'll see who is right, and we'll see the lack of ambition the Coupons have and the levels of spending they will agree to, I guarantee you one thing, whatever your ambitions and hopes for this team are they will not be matched by the Coupons. As for spending they're already lessening the amount they can spend next year by piling money from this year over to next years payroll - can't you see what is happening?

They just want to own a baseball team son, and that's all they've ever wanted, ownership is winning to them, they got close to losing it, they're not going to risk that again by spending big.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789