Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How optimistic are you about the Mets future?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very optimistic

10 15.63%
  • Optimistic

35 54.69%
  • Not sure yet

12 18.75%
  • Not very optimistic

6 9.38%
  • Not optimistic at all

1 1.56%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    I haven't avoided anything I have answered it. It is not my job, neither do I have all the information that 4 pro very well-paid baseball people have. If they need my help, then we are screwed.
    Lets see, the question was to tell me exactly who we should spend money on and it remains unanswered.

You keep giving me this cop-out BS answer that it's the GM's job and not yours over and over and its not acceptable. Anyone can play GM and give hypotheticals.

Unless you can tell me EXACTLY who we should spend on that will make substantial improvements, we agree that spending money this off-season is a waste of money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Lets see, the question was to tell me exactly who we should spend money on and it remains unanswered.

You keep giving me this cop-out BS answer that it's the GM's job and not yours over and over and its not acceptable. Anyone can play GM and give hypotheticals.

Unless you can tell me EXACTLY who we should spend on that will make substantial improvements, we agree that spending money this off-season is a waste of money.

It's not my job to find players for the Mets. It's not a cop-out answer, it's a fact. That's not mu job. I don't care whether it is acceptable to you or not, that's my answer, I am a fan, no-one asks SA to buy tickets or queue at shake shack.

But I don't want to 'play GM', I'm a fan.

No, we don't agree on that at all. I completely disagree that improving the team is a waste of money, and I don't think improving the team is ever a waste of money actually. If anything going into a season having giving up before a pitch is thrown, is a complete waste of money.

vCash
    It's not my job to find players for the Mets. It's not a cop-out answer, it's a fact. That's not mu job. I don't care whether it is acceptable to you or not, that's my answer, I am a fan, no-one asks SA to buy tickets or queue at shake shack.

But I don't want to 'play GM', I'm a fan.

No, we don't agree on that at all. I completely disagree that improving the team is a waste of money, and I don't think improving the team is ever a waste of money actually. If anything going into a season having giving up before a pitch is thrown, is a complete waste of money.
    So again, you are admiting that you have no clue on how to improve the team substantially. The reason why you can't answer the question is because said players do not exist. They are not available, and none of them make sense for the Mets in their current situation.

Your little cop-out answer is useless to me, I see right through it. If it was so easy to improve the team now and in the future, the GM would have done it already. All you do is complain, you offer nothing of substance to provide an intellgent baseball discussion.

vCash
    Guys enough, its not worth it let it go.

vCash
    [QUOTE=YoungStuna28;24940333]So again, you are admiting that you have no clue on how to improve the team substantially. The reason why you can't answer the question is because said players do not exist. They are not available, and none of them make sense for the Mets in their current situation.

Your little cop-out answer is useless to me, I see right through it. If it was so easy to improve the team now and in the future, the GM would have done it already. All you do is complain, you offer nothing of substance to provide an intellgent baseball discussion.[/QUOTE]

No, I'm saying improving it is not my job.

That's your opinion, not mine.

I don't care if it's useless to you, you don't decide the ground on which an opinion is valid or not, you also don't set the parameters under which criticism is acceptable or not. I see right through your silly game of pretend GM's, and i'll express my opinions on the Mets as I see fit.

My opinions are based on watching these creeps operate for over 25 years, I have watched them lie and cheat this city and its baseball fans for far too long.

Why does it bother you so much that I won't buy into this fantasy rebuild?

vCash
    Let me be one of thousands to ask: How would the Mets Top 10 Prospects list be reconfigured with the acquisitions from the R.A. Dickey trade?

Peter Berryman
    Savannah, Ga.

How much has the R.A. Dickey trade improved the Mets farm system? And what would a new Mets Top 10 look like? Give a suffering Mets fan some hope for the future.

Jeremy Sichley
    Silverton, Ore.

After the R.A. Dickey trade, how would the Mets Top 10 now shake out? Is Noah Syndergaard a potential No. 1 starter? How would you rank the Mets system overall?

Scott Jacoby
    New York

After the R.A. Dickey trade, where would the Mets system rank overall?

Rich Panico
    Miller Place, N.Y.

After the R.A. Dickey trade, how would you re-rank the Mets Top 10 Prospects? How much do you think the trade helped their organizational ranking?

Jonathan Rosen
    New York

Catcher Travis d'Arnaud and righthander Noah Syndergaard were the top two prospects left in the Blue Jays system after Toronto made the Jose Reyes/Mark Buehrle trade with the Marlins, and now they've gone to the Mets as part of the Dickey package. D'Arnaud is the second-best catching prospect in baseball, behind only Mike Zunino of the Mariners, while Syndergaard is a potential No. 2 starter. They'be be New York's second- and third-best prospects, fitting between righthander Zack Wheeler and shortstop Gavin Cecchini.

Dickey is the reigning National League Cy Young Award winner and strikeout king, but I'm still surprised the Mets were able to extract Syndergaard as the second player in the deal. Adding him and d'Arnaud gives a significant boost to a system that was as thin as any in the National League before the trade. New York still lacks upper-level talent, but the addition of two blue-chip prospects boosts their system into the 18-20 range.
    Jim Callis is still down on the Mets farm system.
    The Mets now have 3 bonafide prospects in Baseball America top 100 prospects. 2 of which are in the upper levels.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    It's Sandy's job to run the team, not ours.
    Asking a fan to come up with a plan is not fair.
    It kills me when people say" THen you come up with something better"

Sandy gets paid to to that, we dont

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmantrash View Post

Exactly. It's just a defense mechanism, for fans who don't like the team being criticized.

Bizarre, do you tell a movie-goer who thought The Hobbit was too long to 'go make a better film'?

I don't think so.

vCash
    He has some good points and some terrible ones as well.

The Mets have some very good players on the lower levels. Pitchers like Tapia, Fulmer, Montero, Matz, etc. The problem is that outside of Nimmo and Cecchini the positional players in our system are bare.

Wheeler and TDA will graduate soon and if you take those 2 top players off our list and its a rather weak list. Although the farm did their job by sending those 2 to the ML team.

I still think he is a bit Bias against the Mets system. We have 3 top 100 guys and thats not including Familia and Harvey.

All in all when addressing a teams farm you also need to look the rookies that just made it to the ML. Add Harvey to Wheeler, TDA and Syndergaard and thats a pretty strong list.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmantrash View Post

Then don't kill someone who comes up with an idea to better the team.
    It kills me when I see posters who criticize consistently.

But let's try to get back on topic.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    He has some good points and some terrible ones as well.

The Mets have some very good players on the lower levels. Pitchers like Tapia, Fulmer, Montero, Matz, etc. The problem is that outside of Nimmo and Cecchini the positional players in our system are bare.

Wheeler and TDA will graduate soon and if you take those 2 top players off our list and its a rather weak list. Although the farm did their job by sending those 2 to the ML team.

I still think he is a bit Bias against the Mets system. We have 3 top 100 guys and thats not including Familia and Harvey.

All in all when addressing a teams farm you also need to look the rookies that just made it to the ML. Add Harvey to Wheeler, TDA and Syndergaard and thats a pretty strong list.

I think it's bit pointless having a system to rank current farm systems if you're going to put players like Harvey on it.

There's plenty of pitching, we know this, there's very little hitting, we also know this.

It is going to be a very weak list when Flores and TDA graduate but there it is.

The you're down to guys that are 4 years away in Nimmo and GC (who I was against drafting, but that's another story) - which is why we need to start spending money on real baseball players very soon, and I see no reason not to be doing that right now.

If we start trading away arms to get OF'ers then we're never gong to sustain anything.

vCash
    I think it's bit pointless having a system to rank current farm systems if you're going to put players like Harvey on it.

There's plenty of pitching, we know this, there's very little hitting, we also know this.

It is going to be a very weak list when Flores and TDA graduate but there it is.

The you're down to guys that are 4 years away in Nimmo and GC (who I was against drafting, but that's another story) - which is why we need to start spending money on real baseball players very soon, and I see no reason not to be doing that right now.

If we start trading away arms to get OF'ers then we're never gong to sustain anything.
    Agreed for the most part. Its not just spending in FA though. They also need to spend more in IFA and Drafting.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Agreed for the most part. Its not just spending in FA though. They also need to spend more in IFA and Drafting.
    These totals are fixed.

vCash

Yes they do for sure, where's our Cespedes? where's our Chapman?

They leave money on the table in the draft, the stood by the stupid overslot system for years, how convenient for the Coupons eh? how did that benefit us exactly? they're clueless. We're a country club pass to them, they don't give a crap whether the team wins or not, it's about being part of the club.

How do other teams find ways to do things?

The Mets haven't done a thing of note since 2008.

vCash
    Yes they do for sure, where's our Cespedes? where's our Chapman?

They leave money on the table in the draft, the stood by the stupid overslot system for years, how convenient for the Coupons eh? how did that benefit us exactly? they're clueless. We're a country club pass to them, they don't give a crap whether the team wins or not, it's about being part of the club.

How do other teams find ways to do things?

The Mets haven't done a thing of note since 2008.
    It didn't. But it benefited them bigtime. Bud let them keep the team rather than going McCourt on their ***.
    Last edited by milominderbinde; 01-02-2013 at 01:01 PM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast