Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How optimistic are you about the Mets future?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very optimistic

10 15.63%
  • Optimistic

35 54.69%
  • Not sure yet

12 18.75%
  • Not very optimistic

6 9.38%
  • Not optimistic at all

1 1.56%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Either you don't know, or your afraid to put your neck out there just in case your prediction is wrong.
    Why do you keep avoiding the question about shifting payroll?

vCash
    My optimism is limited to development of our prospects. When Sandy came in he inherited a terrible farm and a few horrible contracts. When you go back and see the prospects he has acquired and the dead weights he has dropped I think he's done a tremendous job with the cards he was dealt. Minor misteps like the Pagan trade are the only moves that didn't work out so well.

So I'm optimistic that 2013 will be the year that many of our prospects develop to become solid contributors in 2014 and hopefully the timing matches up with when the Wilpons will finally add payroll. D'Arnaud, Davis, Tejada, Wright, Harvey, Niese, Wheeler, Gee should be a pretty good base to add free agents to and start competing for a pennant again.

vCash
    Things is, Alderson is all out of premier blue chip players to trade, now what is he going to do?

I don't think slashing payroll by $50M is an achievement either.

As for adding payroll, last year they last $20+M on a $94.4M payroll. So the sake of argument, let's say they could 'afford' only a $70M payroll.

Next year will be awful meaning lower revenue - probably.

For 2014 we have $33M already spent, and only TWO players paid for, where is this spending spree coming from?

It does not add up at all, there's no more money to be saved, that's all gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Things is, Alderson is all out of premier blue chip players to trade, now what is he going to do?

As for adding payroll, last year they last $20+M on a $94.4M payroll. So the sake of argument, let's say they could 'afford' only a $70M payroll.

For 2014 we have $33M already spent, and only TWO players paid for, where is this spending spree coming from?

Probably raise prices at the Skake a Shack and then send us emails urging us to buy the Holiday Ticket Packages for the 2014 season.

Oy.

How many days until Ps and Cs?
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Probably raise prices at the Skake a Shack and then send us emails urging us to buy the Holiday Ticket Packages for the 2014 season.

Oy.

P and C's?

Who cares? They've given up again, why should I care?

vCash
    As far as having fun goes, I'm just going to remember that it's not me out there playing the game and that I have my own life to live, so I shouldn't be so upset when they're losing.

Anyways, it's a baseball game. As long as I get to sit back and watch my favorite sport and my favorite team with my favorite players (unlike the damn NHL...), then I'll be happy.

vCash
    Why do you keep avoiding the question about shifting payroll?
    Shifting payroll, not sure I follow what you are saying. There is no cap in baseball.

Tell me, how you would fix this team?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash

Why don't you tell us.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post

Oy.

You are really taking the Dickey trade hard.

vCash
    Shifting payroll, not sure I follow what you are saying. There is no cap in baseball.

Tell me, how you would fix this team?

I know there's no cap in baseball, so why shift payroll over to 2014? could it be because they can have a lower payroll this year?

I think it is.

Where is the money coming from for a spending spree when for 2014, we only have two players signed but $33M spent?

Give me $500K a year, and access to all the information SA has, and his contact list. Also get me an interview with Fred, so I can find out what's really going on - and i'll tell you.

PS - You'll have to send Sandy round to do my job for me, whilst I am doing his. Ok?
    Last edited by Marty Mcfly; 12-31-2012 at 11:40 AM.

vCash
    I know there's no cap in baseball, so why shift payroll over to 2014? could it be because they can have a lower payroll this year?

I think it is.

Where is the money coming from for a spending spree when for 2014, we only have to players signed but $33M spent?
    Still haven't answered my question.

vCash
    Where is the money coming from for a spending spree when for 2014, we only have to players signed but $33M spent?
    Jason Bay, Johan Santana, ....

vCash
    Still haven't answered my question.
    Funny because I heard the exact same thing about the 2013 off-season...

If I were GM? i'd be looking to make small improvements than can help next year and beyond, how does signing a player or two kill the future? It's not about player a or player b, it's about strategy. You don't have to stand pat every year, you do see this dynamic of waiting until everything is just right could go on for a long long time right?

It doesn't need to, you can rebuild and retool the roster with better secondary players while you wait for the prospects to develop, all doing nothing does is ensure punted season after punted season.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19
    Traded Dickey for...

Buck - instant, but small, improvement over Thole.
    d'Arnaud - improvement for near and far future.
    Syndergaard - improvement for far future.

So, what you would do is pretty much what Sandy has already done?

vCash
    you are really taking the dickey trade hard.
    I DONT WANNA LIVE!!!!! I DON'T WANNA LIVE!!!!!!!!!

but seriously, happy new year everyone.
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 12-31-2012 at 11:40 AM.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    Jason Bay, Johan Santana, ....
    Already taken into consideration...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast