Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How optimistic are you about the Mets future?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very optimistic

10 15.63%
  • Optimistic

35 54.69%
  • Not sure yet

12 18.75%
  • Not very optimistic

6 9.38%
  • Not optimistic at all

1 1.56%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Mets fans optimism tends to be seasonal; higher when there is no product on the field. Let's run this poll again in June.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    Mets fans optimism tends to be seasonal; higher when there is no product on the field. Let's run this poll again in June.
    So true. Right now, no-one is feeling the sting of losing night after night or getting reamed by the Braves yet again, and then finishing 4th.

Greatness is always just round the corner for Mets fans.

vCash
    ^We haven't felt that already?

I know it sucks, but we have to realize that now isn't the time to be expecting anything special.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYman15 View Post
    Yeah, I want to see how people see the long term future of this club, not just this year. I think most would agree, the Mets won't be very good this year and this year will focus a lot on the development of some of the young guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post

I know it sucks, but we have to realize that now isn't the time to be expecting anything special.

Keep these in mind...cause I have this funny feeling some will forget this on Day 1 of the season.
    Last edited by wdwyer; 12-29-2012 at 01:00 PM.

THANK YOU PROKY!!!

vCash

I'm not expecting anything special, I'm expecting on the field progress, they made the bad contracts excuse already, and they still do nothing. They even shifted money over to next year, that's not rebuilding. That's just spending less.

I am amazed people can't see it.

vCash
    Our pitching is going to be very very good. If we could get a good lineup then we wont lose many games. We need to sign 1 big name FA in the next 2 seasons and let our younger players take over.

Very optimistic of the future for the Mets. We should be contending by 2015.
    My team, my city.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    I'm not expecting anything special, I'm expecting on the field progress, they made the bad contracts excuse already, and they still do nothing. They even shifted money over to next year, that's not rebuilding. That's just spending less.

I am amazed people can't see it.
    Not spending money now and saving it for next year is called being secure.

Why waste money on aging replacements now when we have a chance to sign a big name guy in 2014?

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Not sure yet.

We have a long journey ahead. We're talking 2015 at the earliest that we are taken seriously.

Right now, 2013 looking pitiful. 2014 predicated on rookie growth, free agent signings and trades. Ditto 2015+. I feel like I'm beating

Otherwise, we are looking at the East coast version of the KC Royals/PITT Pirates/CHI Cubs. Zero expectations. Zero World Championships for the next 10 years......

Shea Stadium Scoreboard May 31, 1964

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Not spending money now and saving it for next year is called being secure.

Why waste money on aging replacements now when we have a chance to sign a big name guy in 2014?
    Being secure? you mean securing 4th place? You're probably right.

A big name guy? like who?

If the team can't afford to sign a couple of decent relievers or an OF, how are they going to sign a big-name guy?

You do know that the money they don't spend this year won't be saved and spent next year right?

That's how you and I would do it, they won't. That's not how they roll.

This is the mistake you are all making, you all assume that money saved now is getting spent next Winter. SA promised big changes this off-season, but he's done nothing to the current roster. He said that to curry favor after another lousy season.

They will say anything to keep you on side.

Why is a team that is not spending a nickel this year, moving payroll over to next year?

vCash
    Being secure? you mean securing 4th place? You're probably right.
    Yes, the will come in fourth place. I think everybody knows that now. Winning is not the priority in 2013. Why does this keep coming up?

A big name guy? like who?
    Here's the FA list again. With all the money the Mets have coming off the books, there's no reason one of two good ballplayers can't be signed.

If the team can't afford to sign a couple of decent relievers or an OF, how are they going to sign a big-name guy?
    They have money coming off the books. Jason Bay, Johan Santana, etc...

The money really shouldn't be a problem in the next few years like it has been this year. Also, like I've said, who could they sign this year that would be a smart investment for them?

You do know that the money they don't spend this year won't be saved and spent next year right?

That's how you and I would do it, they won't. That's not how they roll.

This is the mistake you are all making, you all assume that money saved now is getting spent next Winter. SA promised big changes this off-season, but he's done nothing to the current roster. He said that to curry favor after another lousy season.

They will say anything to keep you on side.
    Traded R.A Dickey for two great prospects and a catcher who is better than Thole.
    Signed David Wright to th biggest contract in Mets history.

I would rather him done that than keep their situation mute and sign Scott Hairston and John Lannon or whoever you want them to sign.

Why is a team that is not spending a nickel this year, moving payroll over to next year?
    They don't have much money to spend this year and there's nobody worth spending it on.

vCash
    Yes, the will come in fourth place. I think everybody knows that now. Winning is not the priority in 2013. Why does this keep coming up?

Here's the FA list again. With all the money the Mets have coming off the books, there's no reason one of two good ballplayers can't be signed.

They have money coming off the books. Jason Bay, Johan Santana, etc...

The money really shouldn't be a problem in the next few years like it has been this year. Also, like I've said, who could they sign this year that would be a smart investment for them?

Traded R.A Dickey for two great prospects and a catcher who is better than Thole.
    Signed David Wright to th biggest contract in Mets history.

I would rather him done that than keep their situation mute and sign Scott Hairston and John Lannon or whoever you want them to sign.

They don't have much money to spend this year and there's nobody worth spending it on.

The priority seems to be as low a payroll as possible, that's not good.

I heard this about FA 2013 too...an FA list now is close to meaningless. Half the bets guys won't make it that far.

Bay is off the books, but they've moved some is his money onto next year, which makes no sense. They have also dumped 6-7 other big contracts and still no money to spend.

Who says money shouldn't be a problem? they debts are still huge, and revenue falls every year.

Are you telling me there wasn't a single MLB player who could not have improved this team? why is it the Mets who have dumped $50M in payroll are the only team in baseball who has not signed a FA?

You make it sound like DW was an addition to the team, he wasn't, he was essential for ownership to have any credibility whatsoever.

If they're going to spend next year, why are they shifting payroll over to 2014 instead of clearing the decks now?

Why will they have money to spend next year? apart from JS who else is coming off? and they have loaded money onto next year already...

vCash
    PS - There's $33M already spent next year, and we have TWO players signed...

vCash
    The priority seems to be as low a payroll as possible, that's not good.

I heard this about FA 2013 too...an FA list now is close to meaningless. Half the bets guys won't make it that far.

Bay is off the books, but they've moved some is his money onto next year, which makes no sense. They have also dumped 6-7 other big contracts and still no money to spend.

Who says money shouldn't be a problem? they debts are still huge, and revenue falls every year.

Are you telling me there wasn't a single MLB player who could not have improved this team? why is it the Mets who have dumped $50M in payroll are the only team in baseball who has not signed a FA?

You make it sound like DW was an addition to the team, he wasn't, he was essential for ownership to have any credibility whatsoever.

If they're going to spend next year, why are they shifting payroll over to 2014 instead of clearing the decks now?

Why will they have money to spend next year? apart from JS who else is coming off? and they have loaded money onto next year already...
    Who would you have signed this off-season, without losing the 1st round pick?

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Who would you have signed this off-season, without losing the 1st round pick?

I'm not the GM, that's not my job. Tell me why signing a reliever or two or a cheapish OF in any way kills this golden future you think is inevitable?

Why have they moved payroll over to 2014?

$33M spent on two players for 2014...how is that the basis for a on off-season splurge when the team can only afford a $70M payroll?
    Last edited by Marty Mcfly; 12-31-2012 at 10:16 AM.

vCash
    I'm not the GM, that's not my job. Tell me why signing a reliever or two or a cheapish OF in any way kills this golden future you think is inevitable?

Why have they moved payroll over to 2014?

$33M spent on two players for 2014...how is that the basis for a on off-season splurge when the team can only afford a $70M payroll?
    Either you don't know, or your afraid to put your neck out there just in case your prediction is wrong.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast