Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Pau Injured Again

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter
    Lakers annouce that an MRI performed on @paugasol's right foot revealed plantar fasciitis. However, he's probable for Friday's game.

Im not sure what this even means does anyone have any experience in the severity of this injury

vCash
    not surprised

vCash
    Martin anyone? West too? We need an infusion of guts off the bench! Fire No D coach!

vCash
    Didn't Camby have that this season? Or Kurt Thomas?

vCash
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0004438/

i got this about it but looks like it is going to not be something to serious that he has to sit out from but rather effect his play a little and will be very painful after games. The best cure is rest so wouldn't be surprised if he misses a game or two. Sucks because he was just starting to get back into his groove

vCash
    Metta played with this basically all of last year. It's painful, my brother has it, but you can still play.

I dunno... the more I think about it, the more likely it seems that Pau will be gone soon. Injuries, his age, and his salary aren't helping Pau right now

vCash
    He needs to suck it up and play. We need W's, and we're somewhat rolling right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    Martin anyone? West too? We need an infusion of guts off the bench! Fire No D coach!
    We dont need any more pfs we have a great one in Antawn sitting at the end of the bench hopefully this will at least give some minutes to jamison

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kobes2good View Post
    Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter
    Lakers annouce that an MRI performed on @paugasol's right foot revealed plantar fasciitis. However, he's probable for Friday's game.

Im not sure what this even means does anyone have any experience in the severity of this injury
    Basically, it means the bottom of Pau's foot hurts. Unless the pain is severe, he will probably be treated primarily/initially with anti-inflammatory medications and pain pills ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kobes2good View Post
    We dont need any more pfs we have a great one in Antawn sitting at the end of the bench hopefully this will at least give some minutes to jamison
    Jamison a great one? Holly crap! I am talking guys with guts!

vCash
    The injury is basically inflammation of the fat pad on the soles of the foot. A little bit of ICE, rest and Anti-inflammatories. Maybe a corticosteroid injection would be good right before games so that he can play. Problem is that Pau had plantar fascitis one yr with Memphis I think in 2004 and he missed 20 something games. Marcus Camby was out earlier this yr for like 2weeks. Pau needs to have his minutes limited and Jamison NEEDS to play to take some minutes from Pau.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post
    The injury is basically inflammation of the fat pad on the soles of the foot. A little bit of ICE, rest and Anti-inflammatories. Maybe a corticosteroid injection would be good right before games so that he can play. Problem is that Pau had plantar fascitis one yr with Memphis I think in 2004 and he missed 20 something games. Marcus Camby was out earlier this yr for like 2weeks. Pau needs to have his minutes limited and Jamison NEEDS to play to take some minutes from Pau.
    KB, you're one of my favorite posters so it pains me to say this to you... WE SHOULD HAVE TRADED HIM A LOOOOONG TIME AGO!!!!!!

This injury, his "baby bum knees", his soft play, his salary... Damn.
    Now unless he finds his inner Tim Duncan, I truly believe that Pau is done...
    There's no way we can trade him now because we can't get back equal value for his SALARY not his skill set, which has diminished in the past couple of years...

I know how much you like Pau but I can't see this situation getting any better, do you??
    Last edited by mekedubs; 12-27-2012 at 07:59 PM.

vCash
    we tried to move him for CP3, after that failed we were going to get diminishing returns for him, really sucks. Stern really screwed us.

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    Now that I think about...i think it's imperative that Pau sits out for a month. I've done some research on plantar fascitis, and it is said that one of the key risk factors of developing plantar fascitis is TIGHT HAMSTRINGS. If you guys recall, Pau missed the first 12+ games of the 08-09 season due to a pulled hamstring. He cannot continue to play as knowing his injury history, he is at risk of pulling his hamstring muscles AGAIN. We need Pau for June. If he pulls or worse tears a hamstring...WE ARE TOAST. Pau NEEDS to take more time off as bad as that sounds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mekedubs View Post
    KB, you're one of my favorite posters so it pains me to say this to you... WE SHOULD HAVE TRADED HIM A LOOOOONG TIME AGO!!!!!!

This injury, his "baby bum knees", his soft play, his salary... Damn.
    Now unless he finds his inner Tim Duncan, I truly believe that Pau is done...
    There's no way we can trade him now because we can't get back equal value for his SALARY not his skill set, which has diminished in the past couple of years...

I know how much you like Pau but I can't see this situation getting any better, do you??
    It CAN get better if he sits and if he stops playing for Spain in the offseason. Pau should have taken this past summer off.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast