Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    I’m confident that we will somehow clinch the 4th or 5th seed. However, if we miss, then damn, it must be the most disappointing season ever – hell, must be one of the biggest disappointment in sport history. So much talent and can’t even make the playoffs? Yes, of course. I still think a 50-32 season is realistic… at this point I’ll be happy if we achieve that.

vCash
    I think the clippers vs thunder WCF.... And heat vs New York ECF

Lakers and all the older teams are done....
    Spurs time and the lakers tmr is up...

The younger teams are getting better... More athletic

While we have 12 players who don't understand what defense is 126 points is a joke Idc how good yu are... And if yur starters are getting killed by the bench ... That's when yu know we are garbage ... I'm afraid lakers time has run out... Yu can't fix youth, athleticism, or heart... But yu can teach defense and that's one thing Dan tonie don't do lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    I would argue that u ppl have your heads in the sand

I knew in preseason that this team had huge problems and all I heard from was Laker fans saying ITS OK - THEY WILL BE OK - ITS PRE- S E A S O N

huh

Now its nearly 2013 and im still hearing the same thing.

Tell me ---- at what point do u start to worry about this team? 1 week before the season ends??????

huh
    People used to say the same thing about all of phil's laker teams. In both the 3-peat and the 2-peat it was the same thing. Especially during the 3-peat. It was the same thing when we played the nuggets in 2009 playoffs. For most fans, the sky's always falling. We can win 40 straight, lose to a mediocre team and we're in trouble. I'll tell you when you start to worry, around april, that's when. If the team is still playing like they were prior to nash's return in april then it's time to worry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by K0BE8124 View Post
    I think the clippers vs thunder WCF.... And heat vs New York ECF

Lakers and all the older teams are done....
    Spurs time and the lakers tmr is up...

The younger teams are getting better... More athletic

While we have 12 players who don't understand what defense is 126 points is a joke Idc how good yu are... And if yur starters are getting killed by the bench ... That's when yu know we are garbage ... I'm afraid lakers time has run out... Yu can't fix youth, athleticism, or heart... But yu can teach defense and that's one thing Dan tonie don't do lol
    Youth and athleticism do not win titles, they never have. History tells a very clear and almost indisputable story. Veteran teams win titles, veteran teams which are usually not very athletic. Were it not for a shortened season last year, Miami may not have won, it would have probably been sas vs. bos in the finals.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 12-28-2012 at 04:15 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocoachmike View Post
    8th seed at best with the team we have now!! Our Defense sucks!!!! Gave up 126 last night!!! Old and slow!!! Athletic teams use the same formula, Running!!!!
    Really??? We've had guys injured and we're like 2 games back of the 6th seed. By this time next week we will likely be #6 and a maybe 2 back of number 5.

vCash
    No, now shut the hell up, we are making the playoffs, I'll bet everything on it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Youth and athleticism do not win titles, they never have. History tells a very clear and almost indisputable story. Veteran teams win titles, veteran teams which are usually not very athletic. Were it not for a shortened season last year, Miami may not have won, it would have probably been sas vs. bos in the finals.
    True but a team full of 34+ year old players will not win you a ring either.....
    If yu really think lakers can keep up with OkC and clippers think again....you can have all the talent in the world.. But I the peices don't fit it will not wrk.... Look at the eagles for example ..talent all over the place but they play like ****.... DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONCHIPS and this team doesn't understand what defense is.... Older players tend not to play defense... If yu call kobe calling for help defense IT'S NOT... Idc how much yu score DEFENSE COMES FIRST AND LAST.... As usually younger athletic players (play defense ) something we don't have either of ... Experience Does help in t playoffs ... But when yu are tired and running vs 26+ year olds it's hard an nobody can keep up

vCash
    True but a team full of 34+ year old players will not win you a ring either.....
    If yu really think lakers can keep up with OkC and clippers think again....you can have all the talent in the world.. But I the peices don't fit it will not wrk.... Look at the eagles for example ..talent all over the place but they play like ****.... DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONCHIPS and this team doesn't understand what defense is.... Older players tend not to play defense... If yu call kobe calling for help defense IT'S NOT... Idc how much yu score DEFENSE COMES FIRST AND LAST.... As usually younger athletic players (play defense ) something we don't have either of ... Experience Does help in t playoffs ... But when yu are tired and running vs 26+ year olds it's hard an nobody can keep up
    Defense wins titles, but that is only half of it. Half court execution is the other half. Execution in the half court leads to good or at least better defense. Neither the clippers or okc can execute in the half court. Defense is an effort and focus thing and hence you don't need great athletes to be a good defensive team. D'antoni just needs to make some adjustments and not try to play at a high tempo all the time. This team has shown that they can play very good defense when they commit to it, that's the key. I say the lakers are more likely to commit to defense than okc or the clippers are to become good half court teams.

vCash
    this is a stupid thread
    WE ARE THE LAKERS! WE ARE THE NBA! And since we root for the only team who can say that they are the epitome of EXCELLENCE..... shouldn't the fans who support the franchise be considered in the same light? Let's act like the way the MambaArmy should act..... So lets stop whining, Start Tanking, Stop complaining, Start Tanking and Start cheering, Start Tanking, Start supporting, Start Tanking, Start enjoying what it means to be a Lakers Fan!
    oh i forgot to mention
    START TANKING!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post
    If there's a will, and if there's #*********, then there's always a way.

Lakers 2012-2013 Champs.
    This!!!

vCash
    I would argue that u ppl have your heads in the sand

I knew in preseason that this team had huge problems and all I heard from was Laker fans saying ITS OK - THEY WILL BE OK - ITS PRE- S E A S O N

huh

Now its nearly 2013 and im still hearing the same thing.

Tell me ---- at what point do u start to worry about this team? 1 week before the season ends??????

huh
    I'd worry if I had unrealistically high expectations for this team. Personally, I never thought they were a lock for the Finals, let alone a championship, though many people did. I do think the playoffs are well within reach, despite the hole they've dug. It's a deep hole for a top-4 seed and homecourt in the first round, but it's not a deep hole for just playoffs.

When they assembled the five of Bryant, Gasol, Artest, Nash, and Howard, I knew that A) coaching was officially the team's weakest link, and B) the team's age and Howard's surgery made them a high risk for injuries. So far, all of the Lakers problems can in one way or another be attributed to those two things.

There's been a lot of instability so far, with coaching changes and injuries, and it's not at all unreasonable to expect things to smooth out and the team to get on a winning pace. If it were just inexplicable bad play, and I had "championship or bust" expectations, then I'd worry already.

vCash
    Who says? The Lakers have exactly THREE players 34 or older, and teams have won with MORE than that. They just need a bench and a coach with more of a Popovich mentality - not afraid to rest them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMgl View Post
    Who says? The Lakers have exactly THREE players 34 or older, and teams have won with MORE than that. They just need a bench and a coach with more of a Popovich mentality - not afraid to rest them.
    The resting part is crucial. D'antoni overplays Kobe more than brown did and that can be trouble. There have def been older team than the lakers which have beaten better teams than are out there to become champs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    People used to say the same thing about all of phil's laker teams. In both the 3-peat and the 2-peat it was the same thing. Especially during the 3-peat. It was the same thing when we played the nuggets in 2009 playoffs. For most fans, the sky's always falling. We can win 40 straight, lose to a mediocre team and we're in trouble. I'll tell you when you start to worry, around april, that's when. If the team is still playing like they were prior to nash's return in april then it's time to worry.
    This is where I try to make you understand how much different this laker team is than ones in the past

As the year treads on they are going to get worse not better due to the up tempo style of play and tight rotations that Dantoni employs

If you u were smart, you woulda been worried in preseason like me
    Proof that I'm Always Right: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=756103
    and http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=773028

New Prediction: LeBron will be Knicks

vCash
    This is where I try to make you understand how much different this laker team is than ones in the past

As the year treads on they are going to get worse not better due to the up tempo style of play and tight rotations that Dantoni employs

If you u were smart, you woulda been worried in preseason like me
    Nah still not worried, but I am naturally optimistic. I do agree that the uptempo style can hurt this team. D'antoni needs to make adjustments, if he does I think we will be fine. If we continue to play at this tempo though, you might be right. But since nash returned, the tempo has slowed a bit, so maybe they will adapt.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast