Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Blackmon stat somparisons

I saw this on another site and thought I'd post it there. These are Blackmon's stats compared to other receivers in their rookie season.

-Has surpassed Calvin Johnsons rookie reception and yardage totals and equaled his touchdown total

-Has equaled Larry Fitzgerald's rookie reception total and surpassed his rookie receiving yardage. Actually even has more yardage than Fitzgerald this season.

-Has surpassed Jerry Rice's rookie reception total and TD total, but is about 140 shy of his yardage total

-Now for a few of today's best who took awhile to get going: Roddy White, Reggie Wayne and Vincent Jackson. Blackmon's rookie numbers are already better than each of their first or second year numbers across the board, except for being equal with Wayne's 4 second year TD's and shy of Jackons 6 second year TD's. He's actually one catch shy of matching White's combined 1st and 2nd year reception total and has surpassed all of the rest of Jackson's numbers in each of his first 3 seasons.

-over 10 more catches and 200 more yards than Dez Bryant's rookie season

-Over 10 more catches and 150 more yards than Greg Jenning's rookie season

-Is 6 catches and 50 yards shy of matching Marvin Harrison's rookie output, which he should do next week

-Has surpassed Julio Jones' rookie reception total but is around 170 shy of his yardage total

-Is 7 catches and 270 yards shy A.J. Greens rookie totals. You have to wonder how much closer he would be if he had Andy Dalton throwing him the ball.

I've heard the opinion that Blackmon isn't quite what you want out of a top 5 pick, but he compares favorably with some of the best in the game and best ever in terms of rookies seasons. If that's not what you want out of a top 5 pick, I don't know what is.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

vCash
    love this post... before the season i expected blackmon to get 800 yd receiving and 5 tds, hes right on target for that now

hes had below average QB play for most of the season, and had a slow start to the season, there is no reason to believe he cannot get 1000 yds next year and for many years to come

future is bright for jaguars with CS3 and Blackmon

vCash
    hopefully he makes the jump as those guys did going forward

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_i91 View Post
    love this post... before the season i expected blackmon to get 800 yd receiving and 5 tds, hes right on target for that now

hes had below average QB play for most of the season, and had a slow start to the season, there is no reason to believe he cannot get 1000 yds next year and for many years to come

future is bright for jaguars with CS3 and Blackmon
    the futures bright if we dont bring that tard teblow

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    hopefully he takes the step forward the others have as well going into the nxt season

vCash
    The wr die with tebow

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jags4Life View Post
    The wr die with tebow
    Demaryius Thomas did great with Tebow in Denver. Thomas wasn't even fully healthy when Tebow took over at QB but he put up eye popping numbers over the second half of last season and in the playoffs. But he is a lot bigger and faster than Blackmon.

vCash
    It's not all about size and speed...Blackmon has a lot of good things in his game. A rookie with his production with our QB situation is pretty impressive.

vCash
    Dear lord he's back-___-

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WolvesJagsOs View Post
    It's not all about size and speed...Blackmon has a lot of good things in his game. A rookie with his production with our QB situation is pretty impressive.
    I think it defines his upside. He was expected to step in and catch a lot of balls. Fifth overall pick and no competition to speak of at the position. Whatever competition there was ended up missing most of the season or being traded. As it is, Shorts had a better season, and he was an anonymous fifth round pick or something. But there were a handful of rookies around the league who would have done the same.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post
    I think it defines his upside. He was expected to step in and catch a lot of balls. Fifth overall pick and no competition to speak of at the position. Whatever competition there was ended up missing most of the season or being traded. As it is, Shorts had a better season, and he was an anonymous fifth round pick or something. But there were a handful of rookies around the league who would have done the same.
    Alpha bashing Blackmonn.....what else is new? From the "he's a stoner" comments to this. He's having a great season with average QBs inn his rookie seasons. I guess that's not good enough. He would have had to get 2K and 20 TDs to please you.

vCash
    I was against the Blackmon pick because I didn't think he had huge upside to warrant fifth overall. I didn't doubt that he was the most NFL ready receiver. It was more about getting better value for the pick than the player himself. I think picks on both sides of the #7 overall were traded in the draft. So there was definitely opportunity to trade back in the draft for more choices rather than up for Blackmon.

vCash
    who would you have rather have?

vCash
    the only 3 guys who i might take over blackmon knowing wat we know now are Irvin, Gilmore, and Jones(chandler). id definitely would take Heyward over Branch though.

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jags4Life View Post
    Dear lord he's back-___-
    which one of u guys reseructed him from the dead

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast