Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who Gets Fired at the End of the Year? (Check all that apply)

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bill Sheridan - Defensive Coordinator

11 73.33%
  • Ron Cooper - Secondary Coach

5 33.33%
  • Ron Turner - Quarterbacks Coach

3 20.00%
  • Other

1 6.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quarterbacks coach Ron Turner is leaving to become head coach at Florida International. The Bucs also have a vacancy at receivers coach, and offensive coordinator Mike Sullivan is a candidate for head coach of the Chicago Bears. As I’ve said before, keep an eye on former Arizona quarterbacks coach John McNulty. He potentially could fill any of those roles. McNulty coached for Greg Schiano at Rutgers. Schiano tried to hire McNulty last year, but the Cardinals blocked the move.
    How can a team block a move? Like why couldnt we necessarily block Sullivan from leaving?
    http://i49.tinypic.com/2urung3.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebbucsfan View Post
    How can a team block a move? Like why couldnt we necessarily block Sullivan from leaving?
    There is a rule somewhere in the CBA or in the league bylaws/rules or something that protects coaches and clubs from just having their coaching staffs poached or stolen. I am not sure of the specifics but basically it works like this. You can never block a coach from becoming a Head Coach. However you can stop a lesser promotion or lateral movement. /IF/ I remember correctly, say you want Coach Dingus currently a special team coach for Minnesota to become your Offensive Coordinator in Tampa, his old club would have to “approve” the hiring. Vice versa, if you plan to make Dingus your head coach, whether or not he has a contract, provided he is not already a head coach he can take the interview and job.

vCash
    ^^^this is it exactly as I understand it

We Want Winston

vCash
    If Sullivan leaves...

Norv Turner is available. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers want to have a run-based, throw-deep offense. That's exactly what Norv has always run. Norv loves to run his offense on a feature back, and he could have one in Doug Martin. Until yesterday, the Bucs employed his brother Ron Turner, which gives them one opening. Another is, of course, the presence of Turner's former star receiver Vincent Jackson in Tampa. Sure, Turner never was a good head coach -- but he's always been an outstanding offensive coordinator. So, if Sullivan does leave, can you please go after Turner, Schiano? Please?
    http://i49.tinypic.com/2urung3.jpg

vCash
    Rotoworld:
    Bears GM Phil Emery spent six hours Friday interviewing Bucs offensive coordinator Mike Sullivan for Chicago's head-coaching vacancy.
    According to the Chicago Sun Times' records, the last time a Bears GM spent that much time with a head-coaching candidate, Jerry Angelo was turned down by Nick Saban in 2004. Emery is expected to have interviewed "at least seven" different candidates by the end of the weekend. Sullivan is squarely in the mix.
    ‏@MikeGarafolo:
    Sounds like Mike Sullivan and the Bears had a very good meeting the other day. Went six hours, about twice as long as expected.
    Wow, this is more serious than I thought.
    Last edited by Quikdraw; 01-05-2013 at 01:40 AM.

vCash
    Maybe I am being naive but I have to assume they know what we know.

He was a Wide Reciever coach from 2004 to 2009
    He was a Quarterback coach from 2010 to 2011
    He was our offencive coordinator this year only
    Now he's going to be a head coach?

It would be a big mistake and I dont think they make it. If it wasnt so bad for us I would hope he would get hired just to watch Bears fans ***** at his PCs when he stumbles and stutters. You saw how he ran this offense, great and times, horrible at times. Don't think hes anywhere close to ready to be an HC, all we can hope is they make the right choice...plus theres a 6/7 chance that he doesn't get hired.

We Want Winston

vCash
    I'm telling you. . .

. . .Norv is waiting to make his decision until after Sully & the Bears make theirs.

I AM the Old School

vCash
    Norv also had to deal with AJ Smith and the fact that he would not pay to keep any of their star players (Brees, Sproles, VJax, LT, Turner, etc). Any time he had great players they would let them walk away in FA so he had to start over. He’s an offensive genius and I hope Sully goes to the bears if we can get Norv.

vCash
    My twitter feed is blowing up about Ron Cooper joining the USF coaching staff. No one credible has reported it yet, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quikdraw View Post
    My twitter feed is blowing up about Ron Cooper joining the USF coaching staff. No one credible has reported it yet, though.
    Jobucsfan has lol!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    Jobucsfan has lol!
    he said CREDIBLE lmao

JBF was just passing along what Pawlowski said and adding his own two cents

We Want Winston

vCash
    There goes our DB coach

QB coach: vacant
    WR coach: vacant (hopefully McNulty)
    DB coach: vacant (hopefully Hoke)

If you have great defense, create turnovers and great special teams, you can win 10 games - Lovie Smith

vCash
    I think with the time Schiano has now, he can pick some better coaches. Can't wait to see who we get.

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    Buccaneers via Twitter:

Confirming that John McNulty has been hired as the team's new quarterbacks coach. The whole 2013 staff will be announced when it is complete
    Also, candidates for the open WR and DB coaching positions have been seen at team headquarters for interviews.

vCash
    So we hired a guy who had a diasaster of a QB situation in Arizona to help take Freeman to the next level?? I could have understood as the WR coach, but the QB coach??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast