Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who Gets Fired at the End of the Year? (Check all that apply)

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bill Sheridan - Defensive Coordinator

11 73.33%
  • Ron Cooper - Secondary Coach

5 33.33%
  • Ron Turner - Quarterbacks Coach

3 20.00%
  • Other

1 6.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Question 2013 Buccaneers Coaching Staff; Update: McNulty Hired

Our current coaching staff:

Greg Schiano - Head Coach
    Bill Sheridan - Defensive Coordinator
    Mike Sullivan - Offensive Coordinator
    Jimmy Raye - Senior Offensive Assistant
    Brian Angelichio - Tight Ends Coach
    Bob Bostad - Offensive Line Coach
    Jay Butler - Head Strength and Conditioning Coach
    Earnest Byner - Running Backs Coach
    Ron Cooper - Defensive Backs Coach
    Bryan Cox - Defensive Front Seven Coach
    P.J. Fleck - Wide Receivers Coach
    Bob Fraser - Linebackers Coach
    Phil Galiano - Assistant Special Teams Coach
    Bob Gilmartin - Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach
    Jeff Hafley - Assistant Defensive Backs Coach
    Bob Ligashesky - Special Teams Coordinator
    Steve Loney - Assistant Offensive Line Coach
    Tem Lukabu - Defensive Assistant
    Kevin MacConnell - Director of Football Operations
    Ben McDaniels - Offensive Assistant
    Randy Melvin - Defensive Line Coach
    Ron Turner - Quarterbacks Coach
    Joe Vaughn - Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach

It looks like P.J Fleck and possibly Butch Davis will need to be replaced this offseason. Do you guys think any other coaches will move on or be fired at the end of the year? Should Bill Sheridan return for a second season as defensive coordinator? What about Ron Cooper and Ron Turner?

Feel free to use this thread for anything else coaching related as well.

vCash
    this kid angelichio is from my hometown and hes like 32...i dont know what he possibly had to teach grown *** men that play TE in the pros...would like to see some of the rutgers staff that dont belong shipped out

i think sheridan stays...no ac no corners, theyll give him another shot....bye bye ron cooper

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Bill Sheridan canned at the end of the year. He only signed a two year contract with the Bucs, and I'm sure he wasn't their first choice to begin with. Plus, his play-calling has been very questionable to put it nicely. He blitzes at the worst possible times and can never get a stop when the Bucs need it most.

If a better defensive coach becomes available, I think we'll move on from Sheridan.

vCash
    Who voted Cooper? You coach talentless players
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Yeah, I was really excited when Cooper was hired to coach this secondary. But, when your best available cornerback is playing free safety and the next best available guy is an undrafted rookie free agent, I don't think that it is fair to put that on the coach. I want to see what he can do with players that are better than special teams back ups.

Look at what Bob Bostad did for the offensive line. (Yes, I know that the talent on the offensive line was sub par, but it was still better NFL level talent than what had to be rolled out in the secondary for the second half of the year.) I want to see Cooper do that with the secondary.

I AM the Old School

vCash
    If there is an upgrade for Ron Cooper or Bill Sheriden that Schiano is in favor of, then I am all for it, but I do not think either of them need to go if the right guy is not there. I don't think either of them are to blame for the defensive back field that clearly lacked talent.

vCash
    ^ there was talent in the second half of that giants game, and that was the worst game of the season defensively

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Sheridan is not a DC, he is down right terrible and out of his league. This already happened before when he was with the Giants and doesn’t know how to close out games.

"He was fired on January 4, 2010 after the Giants Defense slipped as the team dropped 8 of their last 11 games and allowed 40 points on five different occasions a franchise record”

We dropped 5/6 when it mattered the most and could have easily been in the playoffs owning the tiebreaker over the vikings. Sorry I may be biased but I live in NY and see every Giants game and he was bad news then, still is...

vCash
    Lovie Smith for defensive coordinator? ray:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quikdraw View Post
    Im all for it, I just have a feeling he will probably get a head coaching job somewhere.
    http://i49.tinypic.com/2urung3.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quikdraw View Post
    My thoughts exactly. It has already been said but I dont think there is much strategy to the playcalling right now. We get caught off guard way to much to confidently say the DC is doing any sort of chess playing. To be honest, I dont know that I like either co-ordinator. You cant really argue with the numbers the offense put up this season but it seems like anything other than whats produced by DM is all somewhat lucky "opportunity balls". Not hating Sully just yet, but def not sold.
    I am a member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Bucs have the lead in 15 of the 16 games (Obviously you can't hold a lead in a 41-0 loss)? Didn't the Bucs have the lead in the SECOND HALF of a lot of those games?

They need to learn to close out games, like the young recruit said a few posts ago. I don't know if it is the players or the coaches. Whatever it is, it needs to get fixed by Labor Day.

I like the idea of Lovie Smith, maybe Romeo Crennell, or even Ron Rivera as potential DC's should Sheridan get the axe.

I AM the Old School

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3tothe4th View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Bucs have the lead in 15 of the 16 games (Obviously you can't hold a lead in a 41-0 loss)? Didn't the Bucs have the lead in the SECOND HALF of a lot of those games?

They need to learn to close out games, like the young recruit said a few posts ago. I don't know if it is the players or the coaches. Whatever it is, it needs to get fixed by Labor Day.

I like the idea of Lovie Smith, maybe Romeo Crennell, or even Ron Rivera as potential DC's should Sheridan get the axe.
    Pretty sure Lovie will get another HC job if he wants one, and both Crennell and Rivera known for running 3-4 D's?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3tothe4th View Post

had a lead in 15 of 16

only games that we didnt lead in second half were dallas, new orleans x2 and st louis...so had a second half lead in 12 of 16 and only went 7-5 in those games

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Sullivan interviewing for Chicago HC job...lol ya right...from QB coach to OC to HC in less than a calendar year...what a joke

Let's go Bucs

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast