Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 91 to 103 of 103

Thread: Lowry-surgence?

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    36,206
    vCash
    1090
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    you sound so much like ink it's crazy. are you guys related?
    I am ink's dupe.

    But I guess we just both recognized that very flawed and a pathetic joke of an argument.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    32,470
    vCash
    1500
    Saddler getting pwned lol


    2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,045
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    I am ink's dupe.

    But I guess we just both recognized that very flawed and a pathetic joke of an argument.
    haha i meant in general your posting is so similar it's uncanny, in all seriousness.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    36,206
    vCash
    1090
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    haha i meant in general your posting is so similar it's uncanny, in all seriousness.


    No clue. I suppose we just have similar views.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    37,110
    vCash
    1255
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Is that a joke?

    Who said this was everyone's view about the 2 players?

    No one here waited 7 years to want to get rid of Bargnani. I can guarantee there are some people here who wanted Bargnani out the second he was drafted and that there are people here who would be willing to ride Lowry if he got a contract extension. People here have been *****ing about Bargnani since I joined the site and majority here have been defending that Lowry should be given the full reigns at the starting spot and would have him extended, but I'm sure to you, those people don't exist just so you can try to convince people that your flawed views are the truth.

    Just because you think your flawed views are right doesn't mean that's what's actually happening in reality.
    Are u ******** me? There were lots of people who gave Bargnani a pass for the first 2-3 seasons where he struggled. Not everyone wanted him gone...he was a 1st overall pick so there was no way he was gonna get traded that early. Then after Bosh left and he averaged 20, people called him the franchise even though he was putting up volume scoring on trash teams for 2-3 years, and now this year people finally want him gone. The "trade Bargnani" demands were never as huge as it is currently.

    Whereas Lowry has been here for 2 months and people are already calling him TJ Ford/Jarrett Jack/Mike James and think Calderon is a better player than him after beating scrub teams.


  6. #96
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    32,470
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    Are u ******** me? There were lots of people who gave Bargnani a pass for the first 2-3 seasons where he struggled. Not everyone wanted him gone...he was a 1st overall pick so there was no way he was gonna get traded that early. Then after Bosh left and he averaged 20, people called him the franchise even though he was putting up volume scoring on trash teams for 2-3 years, and now this year people finally want him gone. The "trade Bargnani" demands were never as huge as it is currently.

    Whereas Lowry has been here for 2 months and people are already calling him TJ Ford/Jarrett Jack/Mike James and think Calderon is a better player than him after beating scrub teams.
    Stop making people believe your flawed opinions lmfao..


    2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    36,206
    vCash
    1090
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    Are u ******** me? There were lots of people who gave Bargnani a pass for the first 2-3 seasons where he struggled.
    Probably because he was a 21 year old coming into the league who wasn't even given a chance to start until midway through his 3rd year.

    Not everyone wanted him gone...he was a 1st overall pick so there was no way he was gonna get traded that early.
    I never said everyone wanted him gone. I said there were some who were frustrated with him. I came to this site in 08, after he had that bad 2nd year. I already saw some wanting him gone. Not everyone waited 7 years before they got frustrated like you claim.

    Then after Bosh left and he averaged 20, people called him the franchise even though he was putting up volume scoring on trash teams for 2-3 years, and now this year people finally want him gone. The "trade Bargnani" demands were never as huge as it is currently.
    I doubt a significant amount of people thought he would be the leader of the team. A lot of people thought he should've been a 2nd/3rd option on a team. Just because a small group of people thought he could have been a 1st option, that doesn't represent the majority like you claim.

    Whereas Lowry has been here for 2 months and people are already calling him TJ Ford/Jarrett Jack/Mike James and think Calderon is a better player than him after beating scrub teams.
    How many people? You're acting like because 5-10 people represent the majority. Not to mention you're using fans who are speaking without actually thinking about what they are talking about. I doubt more than 10 people here actually want Calderon than Lowry on this team long term going forward.



    This cycle you're seeing occurs all the time in sports. Every fanbase has fans like that who does this to every player (unless you're a superstar). People see player A (in our case, Lowry) play like a beast for a stretch and they want him long term. He struggles and his player B (Calderon for us) replaces him for a stretch does great, those fans quickly change their views. Once player A (Lowry) starts playing well again, they'll change their views again.

    Never use those people's views to represent the majority. Not everyone here wants Lowry gone and not everyone waited 7 years to turn on Bargnani like you claim.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    37,110
    vCash
    1255
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Probably because he was a 21 year old coming into the league who wasn't even given a chance to start until midway through his 3rd year.
    I know that. That's why I didn't blame the team for not trading him.

    I never said everyone wanted him gone. I said there were some who were frustrated with him. I came to this site in 08, after he had that bad 2nd year. I already saw some wanting him gone. Not everyone waited 7 years before they got frustrated like you claim.
    ok, now point to my original post to where I said EVERYONE, because I didn't. I said people, as in some people. When you say "people" it means some, but when I say "people" it means everyone? lol

    I doubt a significant amount of people thought he would be the leader of the team. A lot of people thought he should've been a 2nd/3rd option on a team. Just because a small group of people thought he could have been a 1st option, that doesn't represent the majority like you claim.
    Again, when I say people, it means everyone, but you say it and it means only a section of Raptor fans.


    How many people? You're acting like because 5-10 people represent the majority. Not to mention you're using fans who are speaking without actually thinking about what they are talking about. I doubt more than 10 people here actually want Calderon than Lowry on this team long term going forward.
    there's a thread in the raptor forum about trading lowry, and a thread in the NBA forum, with reports that we "may" be shopping him. people have pointed at the raptors start, and raptors success lately, and blame Lowry for not running the team properly

    Never use those people's views to represent the majority. Not everyone here wants Lowry gone and not everyone waited 7 years to turn on Bargnani like you claim.
    again, LOL.
    Last edited by Sadds The Gr8; 12-29-2012 at 09:44 PM.


  9. #99
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    36,206
    vCash
    1090
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post

    ok, now point to my original post to where I said EVERYONE, because I didn't. I said people, as in some people. When you say "people" it means some, but when I say "people" it means everyone? lol
    The term 'people' and 'some people' have 2 different ways of representing a group of individuals. That's why it's basically 2 different terms. There's a reason you add the word 'some', so you distinguish that it's a reduced amount (or minority) of individuals in a group. By just saying 'people', that would give the impression that you're referring to the majority.

    If you were actually just referring to a small group of people, that's fine and it was a misunderstanding due to a missing word.

    Again, when I say people, it means everyone, but you say it and it means only a section of Raptor fans.
    Look above. I like to clarify when I mean majority and minority. Using the word 'people' alone typically means majority.

    there's a thread in the raptor forum about trading lowry, and a thread in the NBA forum, with reports that we "may" be shopping him. people have pointed at the raptors start, and raptors success lately, and blame Lowry for not running the team properly
    Some of the blame is well deserved. Some is not. Just because rumours and threads started by Hellcrooner appear, doesn't mean we are looking to trade him or are using him as the sole reason for the Raptors' failures.


    again, LOL.
    Again, look above.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,354
    vCash
    1500
    Saddler vs. Raps0809 Champ

    Round 2

    Fight!!!! (Street Fighter background music)

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,188
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CB29 View Post
    I really disagree with you. I counted 5 fouls tonight by other players due to Jose's inability to guard his man tonight. There's too many elite pg's in the nba today. You need a good defensive pg to succeed in the nba or extraordinary wing defenders. Honestly Jose's offensive contribution isn't consistent enough to warrant his poor defense. I really don't agree with you here. If you can't get stops then you can't win in the NBA.
    don't disagree with anything you said here, but as I said before, you can get stops even if your PG is your weakest defender, and I stand by that. My center is my best defender cuz he covers up a lot of mistakes, and my PG is the quarterback of my offense.

    As for Jose not being consistent, if you look at his per 36 stats from every year outside of his rookie one, you'll see he's never shot lower than 44% from the field, going as high as 52%. His assist numbers are between 8-11, points from 12-15. And we all know his TO rate is one if not the lowest in the league. That's not a whole lot of variance and inconsistency across his offensive numbers?

    I just don't get it. Jose's been consistent in his time in Toronto, I just don't understand why he continues to get no love for the things he actually does well. He's not perfect, but by no means is he a detriment to this team.

    So yeah, I read what you wrote and i watched tonight's game with that in mind. Mr Calderon was obliterated by Mr Vasquez consistently. He got beat off the dribble, lost in the screen and roll and just exposed off the bounce. That's how new orleans got back in the game in the 4th quarter. Lowry on the other hand, played exactly like he should with this roster. He was the PG on the floor when the raptors increased their lead.
    I didn't see that game, but I did see last night's. I was impressed with both PGs in how they played the game. I have no problem with the way Lowry played last night, and if he continues to play that way, then this whole thread will be put to rest very quickly.

    Cause that one guy is better than the other 11 players.
    that's not a smart plan though. If you ask all players to change their game to accommodate one guy regardless of his skill level, they you're going to experience problems. Imagine if instead chauncey, RIP had a westbrook style PG in detroit. Do you think asking him to adjust his game would make for a better team? Westbrook's a faster, more athletic guy, but without chauncey's mentality and approach to running the offense of that team, they don't win as many games, and RIP doesn't have the career he does.

    Even if Lowry's a guy who jacks up 40 shots a night, if his style of play puts the entire team's offense out of sorts, he's still hurting the team cuz you're still getting 40 shots from other guys who are now being asked to do things that they don't do well, or that don't come naturally to them. Every piece should be complementary to each other. Adding a player should not be like solving a jigsaw puzzle with a hammer.

    You're oversimplifying matters. Nash and Kidd are elite point guards. They're the best players on their teams and multiple all stars who could do multiple things. Nash scored and passed consistently. Clutch scorer and everything. Kidd defended well and he's turned himself into a deadly 3 pt shooter.
    I selected those guys cuz they're current old guys in the league playing that style. Kidd was playing at a high level regardless of who was around him. His time in NJ, he carried that team to the finals, with who as his backup? Vince and RJ? I wouldn't call them elite players, despite the fact they were voted into multiple all star games [never a measure on how well a player is actually playing anyway]. And furthermore, my point is about the PG position that they are supposed to be the guys who go out there and do multiple things. That's what their position calls for [as I said in the last post], you need a guy who can shoot from anywhere so you can't leave him open. You need a guy who can handle the ball without getting stripped or otherwise turning it over. You need a guy who's looking to move the ball so defenses can't key in on the one guy.

    I could just as easily make the point with guys like Jarret Jack or a Ricky Rubio, but their pedigree in the league isn't as great, so they would not have served to make my point as well.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    36,206
    vCash
    1090
    Quote Originally Posted by Vdot View Post
    Saddler vs. Raps0809 Champ

    Round 2

    Fight!!!! (Street Fighter background music)
    Nah. He cleared it up and said he was only talking about a small group of people. I had originally thought he was referring to the majority.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    634
    vCash
    1500
    I like the role he's playing now since his return from injury which is that sixth man role. It's perfect for him and the team because he can focus on scoring with some playmaking as he doesn't have to prioritize getting his other teammates involved as the first option off the bench.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •