Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lowry-surgence?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    yup.
    why did huston let lowry go?
    the way you talk about him lowry seems to be pretty awesome player, so why did they let lowry go?

try to answer this question objectively.

Champs will be champs...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the life View Post
    the way you talk about him lowry seems to be pretty awesome player, so why did they let lowry go?

Rockets were rebuilding, the whole team was filled by rookies and they let go of their key players. Only then to attain James Harden. They let go of Lowry, Dragic, Sam, etc.

But what has Jose done so well? We all know he's a good passer, and can play good offense for a few games, but other than that I'd say Lowry is a better player than Jose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SA5195 View Post
    Rockets were rebuilding, the whole team was filled by rookies and they let go of their key players. Only then to attain James Harden. They let go of Lowry, Dragic, Sam, etc.

But what has Jose done so well? We all know he's a good passer, and can play good offense for a few games, but other than that I'd say Lowry is a better player than Jose.
    firstly people say here that we need to trade jose because we rebuild. so i guess in keeping lowry we agree that what is not good for other teams to rebuild is good for the raptors.

secondly as little as jose did, he did more than lowry.

thirdly you have a double standard for judging players. you judge jose based on past performance and put on his back the failures of the entire team while for lowry you judge based only on your high hopes not on his performances. do you think is fair?
    i believe the management of other teams knew lowry's potential but they knew his character problems and they decided to pass on him. but you are ready to go all-in for a player that didn't prove yet anything. he is today what he was 4 years ago, a player with potential who failed to keep a starting position in 2 teams.

by the way how bayless (the last year pg of the future) is doing this year? is he yet a starter in nba?
    Last edited by the life; 12-27-2012 at 08:08 PM.

Champs will be champs...

vCash

He had issues with the coaching staff and he wanted a bigger role on the team. Sometimes situations don't work out. No one has denied his talent but yes, hehas a vision of himself as a player and he wants to be that.

I feel that during his raptors tenure Lowry has tried to do too much and hasnt gotten other players involved as effectively as a starting point guard should. However, thats to be expected from a guy entering a new situation and having players like ed, amir and andrea who are so used to jose that they likely expect the same from kyle. I think that the team needs to be weaned from Jose to be honest.

vCash

To acquire first round picks in an attempt to trade for Dwight Howard.

vCash

doesn't explain why you'd go out and lose both solid PGs for an absolute wildcard and potential overpay in lin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy View Post
    doesn't explain why you'd go out and lose both solid PGs for an absolute wildcard and potential overpay in lin.
    They felt that the ticket revenue and his play in NY would be sufficient insurance probably.

vCash

why did they let dragic go ?

why did they spend all that money on Lin ?

are you saying they were smart to let lowry and dragic go and sign Lin ? i think they made a mistake there.

harden/lowry > harden/lin
    harden/dragic > harden/lin

whats your point ?

the way i talk about him ? lol bahahaha. here's the way i talk about him. Lowry has played 15 games in a raps uniform and some of them he was playing through injuries. give the guy a chance ? thats how i talk about him.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 12-27-2012 at 08:27 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CB29 View Post
    They felt that the ticket revenue and his play in NY would be sufficient insurance probably.
    seems to be a strange strategy during a rebuild.

vCash
    firstly people say here that we need to trade jose because we rebuild. so i guess in keeping lowry we agree that what is not good for other teams to rebuild is good for the raptors.

secondly as little as jose did, he did more than lowry.

thirdly you have a double standard for judging players. you judge jose based on past performance and put on his back the failures of the entire team while for lowry you judge based only on your high hopes not on his performances. do you think is fair?
    i believe the management of other teams knew lowry's potential but they knew his character problems and they decided to pass on him. but you are ready to go all-in for a player that didn't prove yet anything. he is today what he was 4 years ago, a player with potential who failed to keep a starting position in 2 teams.

by the way how bayless (the last year pg of the future) is doing this year? is he yet a starter in nba?
    Woah, you took my post to a whole different area. Firstly, yes Jose did more than Lowry cause he is injured. Secondly, Jose's been playing here for a lot of years, he has those stints of playing well for a few games, then he's back to his "trade Jose" type games. Thirdly, where in my post did I say i'm ready to go all-in? that's why I said Lowry needs to play first to prove himself. And I never praised Bayless...

vCash
    Woah, you took my post to a whole different area. Firstly, yes Jose did more than Lowry cause he is injured. Secondly, Jose's been playing here for a lot of years, he has those stints of playing well for a few games, then he's back to his "trade Jose" type games. Thirdly, where in my post did I say i'm ready to go all-in? that's why I said Lowry needs to play first to prove himself. And I never praised Bayless...
    why dont you revisit this with him when calderon comes back down to earth.

for now he is the hero and injured lowry is the scapegoat. we have one every year in this forum. and it will change again in a month..

vCash
    harden and asik were the two best moves they made. if they had kept one of dragic or lowry in the back court with harden houston would be that much better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    harden and asik were the two best moves they made. if they had kept one of dragic or lowry in the back court with harden houston would be that much better.
    this is where you wrong: considering that lowry and harden would have played well together.

harden is a type of player who needs a pass first pg in order to excel. lowry would have undermined haren's play. maybe harden would have worked along dragic.

Champs will be champs...

vCash
    seems to be a strange strategy during a rebuild.
    How were they rebuilding when they paid so much to acquire asik and tried so desperately to acquire howard... I think Houston's right... If you don't make the playoffs consistently, you get a new core... It's worked well for them and its something that the raptors should look into since our core of andrea and jose isn't the best going forward.

vCash
    this is where you wrong: considering that lowry and harden would have played well together.

harden is a type of player who needs a pass first pg in order to excel. lowry would have undermined haren's play. maybe harden would have worked along dragic.
    lin is not a pass first point guard and i'd say harden is doing pretty darn well

"they didn't call anything, so i took off" - terrence ross
    #letrossdunk

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast