Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lowry-surgence?

vCash

Lowry-surgence?

12/10/31 - 21 points, 8 assists, 7 rebounds, 5 steals, 54% from the field

12/11/03 - 28 points, 8 assists, 8 rebounds, 3 steals, 47% from the field

12/11/04 - 22 points, 5 assists, 7 rebounds, 3 steals, 80% from the field

12/11/06 - injured, and has never really played the same since.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../gamelog/2013/

Pros: Before he got injured, he was playing at a Lebron James-esque level, and brought a mindset of toughness and intensity that our team hasn't seen in a while. He was able to score at will, and played an all-around game with at least 5 rebounds and assists each game. He also shot a ridiculous percentage from the field, and always kept us in close game situations.

Cons: These numbers are a very small sample size, and more than likely his production would slowly fall over the next few games after teams started adjusting their defenses to stop him. Ever since he got injured, he hasn't played nearly this well, and that tenacity and fierceness he once had has been missing. He also plays more selfish, and doesn't really do much to help the team. There are also rumours that Lowry doesn't sit well with the coaching staff, etc.

Some people want to get rid of Lowry. What's my opinion on all this?

He's under contract for one more year. Unless there is a serious off-court issue that the public is unaware of, I think it would be silly to even consider trading Lowry this season. We should give him a chance to show us what he really is. If he can't play consistent, team ball, then we trade him next year, in his contract year.

I personally think he's a great player, and has all-star potential. If it takes him the whole season to figure it out, then so be it. It's not often we get a player of his calibre on our team, we have to at least give him a shot. Heck we gave Bargnani 7 years and millions of dollars to figure it out lol, why can't we just give Lowry at least one season (especially since it's only costing us about $6 million per year?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vdot View Post

Pros: Before he got injured, he was playing at a Lebron James-esque level, and brought a mindset of toughness and intensity that our team hasn't seen in a while. He was able to score at will, and played an all-around game with at least 5 rebounds and assists each game. He also shot a ridiculous percentage from the field, and always kept us in close game situations.

Cons: These numbers are a very small sample size, and more than likely his production would slowly fall over the next few games after teams started adjusting their defenses to stop him. Ever since he got injured, he hasn't played nearly this well, and that tenacity and fierceness he once had has been missing. He also plays more selfish, and doesn't really do much to help the team. There are also rumours that Lowry doesn't sit well with the coaching staff, etc.

He's under contract for one more year. Unless there is a serious off-court issue that the public is unaware of, I think it would be silly to even consider trading Lowry this season. We should give him a chance to show us what he really is. If he can't play consistent, team ball, then we trade him next year, in his contract year.

I personally think he's a great player, and has all-star potential. If it takes him the whole season to figure it out, then so be it. It's not often we get a player of his calibre on our team, we have to at least give him a shot. Heck we gave Bargnani 7 years and millions of dollars to figure it out lol, why can't we just give Lowry at least one season (especially since it's only costing us about $6 million per year?)
    Fair statement, problem being, the team has 2 years of control.

vCash
    it'd be dumb to get rid of him. we gave up a possibly top 3-7 draft pick for him, so to quit on him after 2 months would show the ineptitude of this FO. Let him last the season. But if he asks out before then, then maybe we can shop him around. It's hilarious that people took 7 years to get sick of Bargs, yet wanna push Lowry out after 2 months.

vCash
    12/10/31 - 21 points, 8 assists, 7 rebounds, 5 steals, 54% from the field LOST GAME

LOST GAME

won game against LOVELESS and RUBIOLESS wolves..

vCash
    The team shouldn't give up on him but he shouldn't be handed the reins either. He needs to adjust to the system in place and not the other way around. Those stats are great but as its been pointed out, they didn't contribute to wins. Over the first three months of the season it seems pretty clear why two other team gave up on him regardless of his talent level. Hopefully he can put his "ego" aside and play well for the Raps and not just his new contract. I think the future is bright if he can buy into the TEAM concept.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    by your assesment both are garbage then. calderon hasnt exactly lead us to a winning record either and he has much more experience with the team and coaching staff.

lowry has played a total of 15 games with his new team mates.. at least a quarter of them were played through injuries.

dont let your biased opinion blind you bro.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    so?

vCash

agree with it all my man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    so?
    its a spanish player were talking about here... he is famous for his biased opinions. so he had to say something. even if it meant nothing.

vCash
    people saying that we lost when he had great games need to realize that it is a team game.. the fact that we lost the game doesn't really take away from the brilliance that lowry displayed in those games. it just means the rest of the team didn't step up because lowry sure did.

trading lowry or giving up on him now would be a gigantic mistake.

"they didn't call anything, so i took off" - terrence ross
    #letrossdunk

vCash
    If we trade him in favor of Jose, then there's either a personal issue within the locker room or we have a complete bunch of idiots running this team. I refuse to believe anything other than that. The only reason i will accept a lowry trade is if we land a major player on this team.

Calderon is a great player with exceptional offensive capabilities. However, we've had him as our main guy for a while with a decent roster and we haven't performed to par. Lowry is younger, a better complete player and a better mentality for the team going forward.
    Last edited by CB29; 12-27-2012 at 06:32 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddy_T28 View Post
    people saying that we lost when he had great games need to realize that it is a team game.. the fact that we lost the game doesn't really take away from the brilliance that lowry displayed in those games. it just means the rest of the team didn't step up because lowry sure did.

trading lowry or giving up on him now would be a gigantic mistake.
    exactly... were so quick to look for scapegoats when in actuality there are numerous things wrong with this team. some how the losses all fall on lowry's lap ? the guy who hasnt played a quarter of a season in a raps uniform yet.

beating 5 bad teams and probably being lucky doing it makes calderon a hero all of a sudden. later in the season when we lose to those same bad teams calderon will be the scapegoat. its just how it is around here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CB29 View Post
    If we trade him in favor of Jose, then there's either a personal issue within the locker room or we have a complete bunch of idiots running this team. I refuse to believe anything other than that. The only reason i will accept a lowry trade is if we land a major player on this team.

Calderon is a great player with exceptional offensive capabilities. However, we've had him as our main guy for a while with a decent roster and we haven't performed to par. Lowry is younger, a better complete player and a better mentality for the team going forward.
    couldnt agree more.

vCash
    I really don't see why some people dislike Lowry so much. Yes, Calderon has played well, but he has those stints. Once Lowry comes back, and plays one good game, people will go back to saying "trade Jose" and all that ********. Lowry barely got the chance to do anything, let him play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SA5195 View Post
    I really don't see why some people dislike Lowry so much. Yes, Calderon has played well, but he has those stints. Once Lowry comes back, and plays one good game, people will go back to saying "trade Jose" and all that ********. Lowry barely got the chance to do anything, let him play.
    yup.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast