Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lowry-surgence?

Hybrid View

vCash

Lowry-surgence?

12/10/31 - 21 points, 8 assists, 7 rebounds, 5 steals, 54% from the field

12/11/03 - 28 points, 8 assists, 8 rebounds, 3 steals, 47% from the field

12/11/04 - 22 points, 5 assists, 7 rebounds, 3 steals, 80% from the field

12/11/06 - injured, and has never really played the same since.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../gamelog/2013/

Pros: Before he got injured, he was playing at a Lebron James-esque level, and brought a mindset of toughness and intensity that our team hasn't seen in a while. He was able to score at will, and played an all-around game with at least 5 rebounds and assists each game. He also shot a ridiculous percentage from the field, and always kept us in close game situations.

Cons: These numbers are a very small sample size, and more than likely his production would slowly fall over the next few games after teams started adjusting their defenses to stop him. Ever since he got injured, he hasn't played nearly this well, and that tenacity and fierceness he once had has been missing. He also plays more selfish, and doesn't really do much to help the team. There are also rumours that Lowry doesn't sit well with the coaching staff, etc.

Some people want to get rid of Lowry. What's my opinion on all this?

He's under contract for one more year. Unless there is a serious off-court issue that the public is unaware of, I think it would be silly to even consider trading Lowry this season. We should give him a chance to show us what he really is. If he can't play consistent, team ball, then we trade him next year, in his contract year.

I personally think he's a great player, and has all-star potential. If it takes him the whole season to figure it out, then so be it. It's not often we get a player of his calibre on our team, we have to at least give him a shot. Heck we gave Bargnani 7 years and millions of dollars to figure it out lol, why can't we just give Lowry at least one season (especially since it's only costing us about $6 million per year?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vdot View Post
    12/10/31 - 21 points, 8 assists, 7 rebounds, 5 steals, 54% from the field

12/11/03 - 28 points, 8 assists, 8 rebounds, 3 steals, 47% from the field

12/11/04 - 22 points, 5 assists, 7 rebounds, 3 steals, 80% from the field

12/11/06 - injured, and has never really played the same since.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../gamelog/2013/

Pros: Before he got injured, he was playing at a Lebron James-esque level, and brought a mindset of toughness and intensity that our team hasn't seen in a while. He was able to score at will, and played an all-around game with at least 5 rebounds and assists each game. He also shot a ridiculous percentage from the field, and always kept us in close game situations.

Cons: These numbers are a very small sample size, and more than likely his production would slowly fall over the next few games after teams started adjusting their defenses to stop him. Ever since he got injured, he hasn't played nearly this well, and that tenacity and fierceness he once had has been missing. He also plays more selfish, and doesn't really do much to help the team. There are also rumours that Lowry doesn't sit well with the coaching staff, etc.

Some people want to get rid of Lowry. What's my opinion on all this?

He's under contract for one more year. Unless there is a serious off-court issue that the public is unaware of, I think it would be silly to even consider trading Lowry this season. We should give him a chance to show us what he really is. If he can't play consistent, team ball, then we trade him next year, in his contract year.

I personally think he's a great player, and has all-star potential. If it takes him the whole season to figure it out, then so be it. It's not often we get a player of his calibre on our team, we have to at least give him a shot. Heck we gave Bargnani 7 years and millions of dollars to figure it out lol, why can't we just give Lowry at least one season (especially since it's only costing us about $6 million per year?)
    Fair statement, problem being, the team has 2 years of control.

vCash
    it'd be dumb to get rid of him. we gave up a possibly top 3-7 draft pick for him, so to quit on him after 2 months would show the ineptitude of this FO. Let him last the season. But if he asks out before then, then maybe we can shop him around. It's hilarious that people took 7 years to get sick of Bargs, yet wanna push Lowry out after 2 months.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    it'd be dumb to get rid of him. we gave up a possibly top 3-7 draft pick for him, so to quit on him after 2 months would show the ineptitude of this FO. Let him last the season. But if he asks out before then, then maybe we can shop him around. It's hilarious that people took 7 years to get sick of Bargs, yet wanna push Lowry out after 2 months.
    this

Leafs, Raps, Jays, and Bills fan!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the life View Post
    this is where you wrong: considering that lowry and harden would have played well together.

harden is a type of player who needs a pass first pg in order to excel. lowry would have undermined haren's play. maybe harden would have worked along dragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddy_T28 View Post
    lin is not a pass first point guard and i'd say harden is doing pretty darn well
    took the words right outta my mouth

vCash
    It would be hilarious if it was actually that simplistic. He's just another flawed alpha and we've seen at least 7 years of that, so there goes your parallel down the drain. If you're going to be an alpha you better be ****ing great or GTFO. That's more like the situation. We've seen this movie before.

Right now, to paraphrase bramaca, we have two ball dominant PGs -- Jose and Lowry. Neither one is ultimately the long term answer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Lebron James-esque???! What, what?

The only thing they have in common is two arms, two it. legs.
    And that they're both black

Anyways, I said he put up Lebron James-esque numbers, not that he is as good as Lebron James...I'm not crazy dude lol

Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    It would be hilarious if it was actually that simplistic. He's just another flawed alpha and we've seen at least 7 years of that, so there goes your parallel down the drain. If you're going to be an alpha you better be ****ing great or GTFO. That's more like the situation. We've seen this movie before.

Right now, to paraphrase bramaca, we have two ball dominant PGs -- Jose and Lowry. Neither one is ultimately the long term answer.
    I don't think he is really an alpha at heart. I think he's got a lot of passion and it comes out the wrong way, at times, maybe, but he doesn't really have the charisma to be an alpha. The way the players treat him, it's almost like they're trying to tone him down and show him that they aren't gonna put up with any of his off the court stuff. He just needs to realize his role, which I think is to channel that energy and passion onto the court. If he's trying to be the locker-room leader and whatnot, I don't think that's right for him. We don't have that right now, but someone else will come along and naturally take on that role soon, I hope.

vCash
    Is that a joke?

Who said this was everyone's view about the 2 players?

No one here waited 7 years to want to get rid of Bargnani. I can guarantee there are some people here who wanted Bargnani out the second he was drafted and that there are people here who would be willing to ride Lowry if he got a contract extension. People here have been *****ing about Bargnani since I joined the site and majority here have been defending that Lowry should be given the full reigns at the starting spot and would have him extended, but I'm sure to you, those people don't exist just so you can try to convince people that your flawed views are the truth.

Just because you think your flawed views are right doesn't mean that's what's actually happening in reality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Is that a joke?

No one here waited 7 years to want to get rid of Bargnani. I can guarantee there are some people here who wanted Bargnani out the second he was drafted and that there are people here who would be willing to ride Lowry if he got a contract extension. People here have been *****ing about Bargnani since I joined the site and majority here have been defending that Lowry should be given the full reigns at the starting spot and would have him extended, but I'm sure to you, those people don't exist just so you can try to convince people that your flawed views are the truth.

Just because you think your flawed views are right doesn't mean that's what's actually happening in reality.
    you sound so much like ink it's crazy. are you guys related?
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    you sound so much like ink it's crazy. are you guys related?
    I am ink's dupe.

But I guess we just both recognized that very flawed and a pathetic joke of an argument.

vCash
    I am ink's dupe.

But I guess we just both recognized that very flawed and a pathetic joke of an argument.
    haha i meant in general your posting is so similar it's uncanny, in all seriousness.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Is that a joke?

Are u ******** me? There were lots of people who gave Bargnani a pass for the first 2-3 seasons where he struggled. Not everyone wanted him gone...he was a 1st overall pick so there was no way he was gonna get traded that early. Then after Bosh left and he averaged 20, people called him the franchise even though he was putting up volume scoring on trash teams for 2-3 years, and now this year people finally want him gone. The "trade Bargnani" demands were never as huge as it is currently.

Whereas Lowry has been here for 2 months and people are already calling him TJ Ford/Jarrett Jack/Mike James and think Calderon is a better player than him after beating scrub teams.

vCash
    Are u ******** me? There were lots of people who gave Bargnani a pass for the first 2-3 seasons where he struggled. Not everyone wanted him gone...he was a 1st overall pick so there was no way he was gonna get traded that early. Then after Bosh left and he averaged 20, people called him the franchise even though he was putting up volume scoring on trash teams for 2-3 years, and now this year people finally want him gone. The "trade Bargnani" demands were never as huge as it is currently.

Whereas Lowry has been here for 2 months and people are already calling him TJ Ford/Jarrett Jack/Mike James and think Calderon is a better player than him after beating scrub teams.
    Stop making people believe your flawed opinions lmfao..

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Are u ******** me? There were lots of people who gave Bargnani a pass for the first 2-3 seasons where he struggled.
    Probably because he was a 21 year old coming into the league who wasn't even given a chance to start until midway through his 3rd year.

Not everyone wanted him gone...he was a 1st overall pick so there was no way he was gonna get traded that early.
    I never said everyone wanted him gone. I said there were some who were frustrated with him. I came to this site in 08, after he had that bad 2nd year. I already saw some wanting him gone. Not everyone waited 7 years before they got frustrated like you claim.

Then after Bosh left and he averaged 20, people called him the franchise even though he was putting up volume scoring on trash teams for 2-3 years, and now this year people finally want him gone. The "trade Bargnani" demands were never as huge as it is currently.
    I doubt a significant amount of people thought he would be the leader of the team. A lot of people thought he should've been a 2nd/3rd option on a team. Just because a small group of people thought he could have been a 1st option, that doesn't represent the majority like you claim.

How many people? You're acting like because 5-10 people represent the majority. Not to mention you're using fans who are speaking without actually thinking about what they are talking about. I doubt more than 10 people here actually want Calderon than Lowry on this team long term going forward.

This cycle you're seeing occurs all the time in sports. Every fanbase has fans like that who does this to every player (unless you're a superstar). People see player A (in our case, Lowry) play like a beast for a stretch and they want him long term. He struggles and his player B (Calderon for us) replaces him for a stretch does great, those fans quickly change their views. Once player A (Lowry) starts playing well again, they'll change their views again.

Never use those people's views to represent the majority. Not everyone here wants Lowry gone and not everyone waited 7 years to turn on Bargnani like you claim.

vCash
    Probably because he was a 21 year old coming into the league who wasn't even given a chance to start until midway through his 3rd year.
    I know that. That's why I didn't blame the team for not trading him.

I never said everyone wanted him gone. I said there were some who were frustrated with him. I came to this site in 08, after he had that bad 2nd year. I already saw some wanting him gone. Not everyone waited 7 years before they got frustrated like you claim.
    ok, now point to my original post to where I said EVERYONE, because I didn't. I said people, as in some people. When you say "people" it means some, but when I say "people" it means everyone? lol

I doubt a significant amount of people thought he would be the leader of the team. A lot of people thought he should've been a 2nd/3rd option on a team. Just because a small group of people thought he could have been a 1st option, that doesn't represent the majority like you claim.
    Again, when I say people, it means everyone, but you say it and it means only a section of Raptor fans.

How many people? You're acting like because 5-10 people represent the majority. Not to mention you're using fans who are speaking without actually thinking about what they are talking about. I doubt more than 10 people here actually want Calderon than Lowry on this team long term going forward.
    there's a thread in the raptor forum about trading lowry, and a thread in the NBA forum, with reports that we "may" be shopping him. people have pointed at the raptors start, and raptors success lately, and blame Lowry for not running the team properly

Never use those people's views to represent the majority. Not everyone here wants Lowry gone and not everyone waited 7 years to turn on Bargnani like you claim.
    again, LOL.
    Last edited by Sadds The Gr8; 12-29-2012 at 10:44 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast