Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: ?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing

    1 9.09%
  • forced to waive a player

    2 18.18%
  • forced to waive their best player

    4 36.36%
  • other(post suggestion)

    4 36.36%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 42
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Posts
    43,206
    vCash
    1675
    The biggest problem is there is no one watching the budgets. Originally we had people with jobs doing them but it became a hassle for 2 people to do all those budgets. Now if teams are way over budget they aren't getting fined for it. Let's take me for example, I haven't done my budgets for like 2 seasons. Although I was way under budget, let's just assume that I had like 120 million dollar payroll. Instead of getting fined whatever it was, I just didn't do my claims for the year. I wouldn't lose any money and no one would even notice. If we are going to have this system you need bankers EVERY season, you can't just say oh well just let it go. Creates a mess.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    I can do the budgets each year. Shouldn't be hard to make an excel sheet that does it.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    20,769
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbw241 View Post
    The biggest problem is there is no one watching the budgets. Originally we had people with jobs doing them but it became a hassle for 2 people to do all those budgets. Now if teams are way over budget they aren't getting fined for it. Let's take me for example, I haven't done my budgets for like 2 seasons. Although I was way under budget, let's just assume that I had like 120 million dollar payroll. Instead of getting fined whatever it was, I just didn't do my claims for the year. I wouldn't lose any money and no one would even notice. If we are going to have this system you need bankers EVERY season, you can't just say oh well just let it go. Creates a mess.
    Well this is semi cheating, although you can argue it's not because you simply didn't do anything lol.

    Dallas Mavericks GM
    2000-2001 - 50-32 (Conf. Semis)
    2001-2002 - 54-28 *Division Champs (Conf. Finals)
    2002-2003 - 63-19 *Division Champs (NBA Finals)
    2003-2004 - 63-19 *Division Champs (Conf. Finals)
    2004-2005 - 70-12 *Division Champs (Conf. Semis)
    2005-2006 - 23-59
    2006-2007 - 18-64
    2007-2008 - 47-35
    2008-2009 - 49-33
    2009-2010 - 61-22 *Division Champs (NBA Finals)
    2010-2011 - 61-22 *Division Champs (NBA Champs!)

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ****ing Bruges
    Posts
    35,337
    vCash
    1500
    Waiving your best player is a BS penalty IMO.

    IR for a sim or two should be the worst. Not a huge fan of massive changes the back 3rd of a league

    The End is Coming.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    33,406
    vCash
    1000
    gotta waive. teach kids the lesson to not spend what they dont have

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    Does this look about right with the current cap?

    Code:
    Team	Cash
    Boston Celtics	-$28,595,298.00
    Miami Heat	$65,606,343.00
    New Jersey Nets	$73,471,287.00
    New York Knicks	$45,770,951.00
    Orlando Magic	$77,428,406.00
    Philadelphia 76ers	$20,584,796.00
    Washington Wizards	$32,053,835.00
    Atlanta Hawks	$107,480,045.00
    Charlotte Hornets	$46,262,320.00
    Chicago Bulls	$38,734,676.00
    Cleveland Cavaliers	$89,385,984.00
    Detroit Pistons	$89,194,951.00
    Indiana Pacers	$71,759,950.00
    Milwaukee Bucks	$27,953,822.00
    Toronto Raptors	$83,529,641.00
    Dallas Mavericks	$83,912,464.00
    Denver Nuggets	$56,354,778.00
    Houston Rockets	$40,066,390.00
    Minnesota Timberwolves	$104,429,351.00
    San Antonio Spurs	$33,588,487.00
    Utah Jazz	$111,656.00
    Vancouver Grizzlies	$66,957,676.00
    Golden State Warriors	$58,700,000.00
    Los Angeles Clippers	$56,567,489.00
    Los Angeles Lakers	$30,707,778.00
    Phoenix Suns	$46,417,515.00
    Portland Trailblazers	$52,340,634.00
    Sacramento Kings	$74,121,369.00
    Seattle Sonics	$858,534.00
    Last edited by flyinhawaiian; 12-27-2012 at 06:20 PM.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    20,769
    vCash
    1500
    My team looks right.

    Dallas Mavericks GM
    2000-2001 - 50-32 (Conf. Semis)
    2001-2002 - 54-28 *Division Champs (Conf. Finals)
    2002-2003 - 63-19 *Division Champs (NBA Finals)
    2003-2004 - 63-19 *Division Champs (Conf. Finals)
    2004-2005 - 70-12 *Division Champs (Conf. Semis)
    2005-2006 - 23-59
    2006-2007 - 18-64
    2007-2008 - 47-35
    2008-2009 - 49-33
    2009-2010 - 61-22 *Division Champs (NBA Finals)
    2010-2011 - 61-22 *Division Champs (NBA Champs!)

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,284
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by carter15 View Post
    That's why I'm saying this year shouldn't count. Because they already built their team with the rules in place in mind. Then next year they'll have to get their **** together.
    if a change is made, this.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    26,770
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbw241 View Post
    The biggest problem is there is no one watching the budgets. Originally we had people with jobs doing them but it became a hassle for 2 people to do all those budgets. Now if teams are way over budget they aren't getting fined for it. Let's take me for example, I haven't done my budgets for like 2 seasons. Although I was way under budget, let's just assume that I had like 120 million dollar payroll. Instead of getting fined whatever it was, I just didn't do my claims for the year. I wouldn't lose any money and no one would even notice. If we are going to have this system you need bankers EVERY season, you can't just say oh well just let it go. Creates a mess.
    we used to have bankers...what happened to 'em.

    This is how we do it! I still believe



  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    28,011
    vCash
    2440
    I am a banker but I havent done this past year. Ive been sick but I should do it before people start camping.

    When the wolves were over the cap I brought it to everyones attention but no one cared. Everyone just ssid they couldn't camp no more

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by D1RoseJM View Post
    I am a banker but I havent done this past year. Ive been sick but I should do it before people start camping.

    When the wolves were over the cap I brought it to everyones attention but no one cared. Everyone just ssid they couldn't camp no more
    Code:
    Team	Cash
    Boston Celtics	-$1,121,108.00
    Miami Heat	$53,979,917.00
    New Jersey Nets	$55,131,471.00
    New York Knicks	$33,693,147.00
    Orlando Magic	$51,223,219.00
    Philadelphia 76ers	$13,760,848.00
    Washington Wizards	$20,135,630.00
    Atlanta Hawks	$97,577,134.00
    Charlotte Hornets	$31,396,030.00
    Chicago Bulls	$31,994,292.00
    Cleveland Cavaliers	$72,550,663.00
    Detroit Pistons	$86,147,740.00
    Indiana Pacers	$56,028,452.00
    Milwaukee Bucks	$38,333,073.00
    Toronto Raptors	$75,530,807.00
    Dallas Mavericks	$65,531,855.00
    Denver Nuggets	$31,195,855.00
    Houston Rockets	$34,311,606.00
    Minnesota Timberwolves	$91,462,193.00
    San Antonio Spurs	$26,164,260.00
    Utah Jazz	$2,808,564.00
    Vancouver Grizzlies	$81,377,260.00
    Golden State Warriors	$71,190,854.00
    Los Angeles Clippers	$63,240,915.00
    Los Angeles Lakers	$19,814,364.00
    Phoenix Suns	$56,677,314.00
    Portland Trailblazers	$62,462,236.00
    Sacramento Kings	$93,818,097.00
    Seattle Sonics	-$14,220,626.00
    Maybe check a few, but I think this should be right. The negatives are just zero with our current rules.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    28,011
    vCash
    2440
    yeah they look just about right

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    43,277
    vCash
    7100
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinhawaiian View Post
    Code:
    Team	Cash
    Boston Celtics	-$1,121,108.00
    Miami Heat	$53,979,917.00
    New Jersey Nets	$55,131,471.00
    New York Knicks	$33,693,147.00
    Orlando Magic	$51,223,219.00
    Philadelphia 76ers	$13,760,848.00
    Washington Wizards	$20,135,630.00
    Atlanta Hawks	$97,577,134.00
    Charlotte Hornets	$31,396,030.00
    Chicago Bulls	$31,994,292.00
    Cleveland Cavaliers	$72,550,663.00
    Detroit Pistons	$86,147,740.00
    Indiana Pacers	$56,028,452.00
    Milwaukee Bucks	$38,333,073.00
    Toronto Raptors	$75,530,807.00
    Dallas Mavericks	$65,531,855.00
    Denver Nuggets	$31,195,855.00
    Houston Rockets	$34,311,606.00
    Minnesota Timberwolves	$91,462,193.00
    San Antonio Spurs	$26,164,260.00
    Utah Jazz	$2,808,564.00
    Vancouver Grizzlies	$81,377,260.00
    Golden State Warriors	$71,190,854.00
    Los Angeles Clippers	$63,240,915.00
    Los Angeles Lakers	$19,814,364.00
    Phoenix Suns	$56,677,314.00
    Portland Trailblazers	$62,462,236.00
    Sacramento Kings	$93,818,097.00
    Seattle Sonics	-$14,220,626.00
    Maybe check a few, but I think this should be right. The negatives are just zero with our current rules.
    That is not nearly correct for me. I have over $300 million.
    On Cam Newton:

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

    This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.


    hahahahahahahahahahahaha

    Nfl scouting is a joke.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    20,769
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    That is not nearly correct for me. I have over $300 million.
    That's not cash, but the budget ## from last year.

    Dallas Mavericks GM
    2000-2001 - 50-32 (Conf. Semis)
    2001-2002 - 54-28 *Division Champs (Conf. Finals)
    2002-2003 - 63-19 *Division Champs (NBA Finals)
    2003-2004 - 63-19 *Division Champs (Conf. Finals)
    2004-2005 - 70-12 *Division Champs (Conf. Semis)
    2005-2006 - 23-59
    2006-2007 - 18-64
    2007-2008 - 47-35
    2008-2009 - 49-33
    2009-2010 - 61-22 *Division Champs (NBA Finals)
    2010-2011 - 61-22 *Division Champs (NBA Champs!)

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    That is not nearly correct for me. I have over $300 million.
    It's only cash from the budget, not total.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •