Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: ?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing

    1 9.09%
  • forced to waive a player

    2 18.18%
  • forced to waive their best player

    4 36.36%
  • other(post suggestion)

    4 36.36%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    16,606
    vCash
    1500

    Penalty for not having cash and being over the lux tax line

    Let me say you can be as far over as you want if you have the cash.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    Let me say you can be as far over as you want if you have the cash.
    Does that mean dollar for dollar? As in, if I am 50 mil over the budget, as long as I have 50 mil in cash to pay, then I'm fine?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    20,691
    vCash
    1500
    If you can't pay your best player gets IR'ed. If you don't get under the whole season, that best player who was on IR goes to waivers.

    But you have to give a season for teams to adjust imo before putting a rule in.

    Dallas Mavericks GM
    2000-2001 - 50-32 (Conf. Semis)
    2001-2002 - 54-28 *Division Champs (Conf. Finals)
    2002-2003 - 63-19 *Division Champs (NBA Finals)
    2003-2004 - 63-19 *Division Champs (Conf. Finals)
    2004-2005 - 70-12 *Division Champs (Conf. Semis)
    2005-2006 - 23-59
    2006-2007 - 18-64
    2007-2008 - 47-35
    2008-2009 - 49-33
    2009-2010 - 61-22 *Division Champs (NBA Finals)
    2010-2011 - 61-22 *Division Champs (NBA Champs!)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    43,189
    vCash
    7100
    Quote Originally Posted by carter15 View Post
    If you can't pay your best player gets IR'ed. If you don't get under the whole season, that best player who was on IR goes to waivers.

    But you have to give a season for teams to adjust imo before putting a rule in.
    I'm with this.
    On Cam Newton:

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

    This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.


    hahahahahahahahahahahaha

    Nfl scouting is a joke.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    16,606
    vCash
    1500
    well double because of tax, but yes

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    16,606
    vCash
    1500
    man I am looking at the system and even though the celtics are 58 mill over the cap they only have to pay 28 mill for this season.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    20,691
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    man I am looking at the system and even though the celtics are 58 mill over the cap they only have to pay 28 mill for this season.
    That's why I'm saying this year shouldn't count. Because they already built their team with the rules in place in mind. Then next year they'll have to get their **** together.

    Dallas Mavericks GM
    2000-2001 - 50-32 (Conf. Semis)
    2001-2002 - 54-28 *Division Champs (Conf. Finals)
    2002-2003 - 63-19 *Division Champs (NBA Finals)
    2003-2004 - 63-19 *Division Champs (Conf. Finals)
    2004-2005 - 70-12 *Division Champs (Conf. Semis)
    2005-2006 - 23-59
    2006-2007 - 18-64
    2007-2008 - 47-35
    2008-2009 - 49-33
    2009-2010 - 61-22 *Division Champs (NBA Finals)
    2010-2011 - 61-22 *Division Champs (NBA Champs!)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    43,189
    vCash
    7100
    Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    man I am looking at the system and even though the celtics are 58 mill over the cap they only have to pay 28 mill for this season.
    That's what I was saying in the other thread.
    On Cam Newton:

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

    This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.


    hahahahahahahahahahahaha

    Nfl scouting is a joke.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    16,606
    vCash
    1500
    I think if we ever do something like this again it should be that if you are at or over the tax line you don't get budget so you don't get stupid team salaries

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    26,738
    vCash
    1500
    Hey, it was brand new, it needs tweaking but i think it was successful.

    Easy math, levels the playing field top to bottom and brings more realism in.

    I had a ton of changes I wanted to inact but they were sim changing and didn't want to disrupt things even though I didn't like 'em much.

    Before restart, I may submit them for whoever is next commish if they choose to continue this system.

    This is how we do it! I still believe



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by carter15 View Post
    If you can't pay your best player gets IR'ed. If you don't get under the whole season, that best player who was on IR goes to waivers.

    But you have to give a season for teams to adjust imo before putting a rule in.
    The player goes to waivers in an auction (perhaps silent).

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    20,691
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinhawaiian View Post
    The player goes to waivers in an auction (perhaps silent).
    Highest bidder in cash gets him?

    That could work because it wouldn't be until the end of the season. And it wouldn't be a problem to leave the waiver for 24 hours or so. Not as if I foresee this ever happening though, since people always do what they have to do to get under.

    Dallas Mavericks GM
    2000-2001 - 50-32 (Conf. Semis)
    2001-2002 - 54-28 *Division Champs (Conf. Finals)
    2002-2003 - 63-19 *Division Champs (NBA Finals)
    2003-2004 - 63-19 *Division Champs (Conf. Finals)
    2004-2005 - 70-12 *Division Champs (Conf. Semis)
    2005-2006 - 23-59
    2006-2007 - 18-64
    2007-2008 - 47-35
    2008-2009 - 49-33
    2009-2010 - 61-22 *Division Champs (NBA Finals)
    2010-2011 - 61-22 *Division Champs (NBA Champs!)

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by carter15 View Post
    Highest bidder in cash gets him?

    That could work because it wouldn't be until the end of the season. And it wouldn't be a problem to leave the waiver for 24 hours or so. Not as if I foresee this ever happening though, since people always do what they have to do to get under.
    Yeah, cash. I don't expect it to happen either, but by making it cash, the team that can't afford the tax will get to pay it off. And this way it's not just the team with the highest waiver that gets him.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    43,970
    vCash
    1500
    it makes more sense for higher position in waiver list and that it has to be free.
    helps leveling the league if the player goes to a bad team.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    43,970
    vCash
    1500
    another posibnility is use the real nba system for players that have been amnestied.

    the teams with cap space can bid a contract ( that runs for the lenght of the contract the player had), the highest bidder gets it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •