Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno87 View Post
    maybe dwight needs a few games off?
    I've been thinking this te last couple of games. He needs a little rest period it seems, help re-energize and healing of his back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    go raiders

vCash
    D12 looks slow rotating over from time to time and seems like it's the back. I just don't like the whole funnel everything to D12, the guy cannot rotate every time to help/block the shot specially if he's still not 100%. It will just lead to him being more frustrated. I agree with some time off, but I'm almost sure the time off will lead to a growing Loss column.

vCash
    You guys are riding this "Dwight isn't 100% yet"
    Truth is...this is who Dwight is. He's a 15&10 guy on this lakers team. Reason he did so well in Orlando is cause he was "the guy"
    He will never be the number one option in LA as long as Kobe is around and Mike D is the coach. He will continue to take 10-12 shots a game and his free throws will continue to deminish. My money is on him walking away from the Lakers at the end of this season. If he was seriously considering staying he would have shined the extension by now. He's as good as gone. An frankly I won't miss him. The dude gets stripped of the ball like he's Kwame Brown on 40% of his shots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SAMCRO28:24884647
    Truth is...this is who Dwight is. He's a 15&10 guy on this lakers team. Reason he did so well in Orlando is cause he was "the guy"
    He will never be the number one option in LA as long as Kobe is around and Mike D is the coach. He will continue to take 10-12 shots a game and his free throws will continue to deminish. My money is on him walking away from the Lakers at the end of this season. If he was seriously considering staying he would have shined the extension by now. He's as good as gone. An frankly I won't miss him. The dude gets stripped of the ball like he's Kwame Brown on 40% of his shots.
    Sorry dude that's not how it works. Maybe someone here is nice enough to explain it to you.

vCash
    I know how it works; he could have resigned by now

vCash
    And not get max $$$$$$

Highly unlikely.

He will resign, relax and enjoy the season.
    go raiders

vCash
    I think Howard will walk

Though this team is playing better lately, it's pretty clear the Lakers are not a championship caliber team, and as stated earlier the D'antoni offense is not designed for centers and big men to flourish.

Keep in mind DH is very emotional, and though $25 mil is serious money to leave on the table, DH has shown to very unpredictable, and he hasn't been well received by the fans in LA
    http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/duanevalle/1950Rams2.jpg

vCash
    go raiders

vCash
    wrong.
    go raiders

vCash
    Howard seems like he accepts every task that he is given. He seems to be trying hard to mesh with the rest of the team also. He also seems to stay within his role, so in other words he goes to the post, or pick and rolls, then crashes the boards, plays defense.

The offense is probably underutilizing him somewhat, so he just stays in his envelope. Obviously he has a lot of extra potency that doesn't get expended in the flow of the game, because the perimeter players are making the plays outside 70% of the time, and there is also Pau. So Howard plays within the team concept and doesn't veer off from that--he doesn't run around in circles making a show of getting open or spazzing out trying to get position when the play is run on the outside. The OC Register guy is weird; I don't know what he expects Howard to do, show off and jump up and down, dive for loose balls or whatever.

I seem to remember Howard getting very intense and getting into it with Kobe Bryant, and I also seem to remember Howard being very tough and effective on defense, and being able to basically score at will quite effortlessly in the paint unless he gets hack-a-shaq'd.

The OC Register with all its Shaq comparisons failed to mention the fact that DH has already been hack a shaqqed enough to have the commissioner bring up the possibility of a rule change.

DH is clearly about 3.5X better that Bynum (last year's Bynum that is. This years Bynum is the biggest joke in the entire NBA, perhaps in the entire history of the NBA, on the verge of surpassing Rodman in his stuck-up glo-coat rock-star-in-his-own-mind alcoholic Elvis period).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SAMCRO28 View Post
    I'm pretty sure he can't just quit mid season

vCash
    He could have, but it's unusual for that to happen. In most cases, the player waits until the end of the season. The only way he can get 25 mil is to either resign or workout a sign and trade in which we would get a pretty decent package of players.

vCash
    No, not really. It's not about his production, it's about the way he's been playing which makes it clear he is nowhere close to 100%. He gets out jumped on jump balls, is not very mobile, not very explosive, sometimes struggles to catch a routine lob. The list goes on and on. What we saw last night is dwight at about 90%. Dwight was supposed to be out until about now, this is when he was supposed to come back. Dwight himself has reported that many times after games, he can't feel his feet. It's silly to think that someone who had back surgery and sat out for about 6 months, that's with no running, jumping etc. would return early and be 100%.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane v View Post
    I think Howard will walk

Though this team is playing better lately, it's pretty clear the Lakers are not a championship caliber team, and as stated earlier the D'antoni offense is not designed for centers and big men to flourish.

Keep in mind DH is very emotional, and though $25 mil is serious money to leave on the table, DH has shown to very unpredictable, and he hasn't been well received by the fans in LA
    It's definitely not clear to me that they're not a championship team and I doubt it's clear to the players either. Our four main players have literally played 4 games together under d'antoni. It's unwarranted to conclude that anything is clear about this team at this stage in the season.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123