Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranking the NL

vCash

Ranking the NL

I'm curious as to where you guys see the Giants in the NL right now? There may be another few big moves but I think for the most part a lot of the top teams are set. The Giants really didn't do much of anything and just brought back their guys from 2012.

A lot of other NL teams though have made moves to improve themselves. Teams that were every bit as good as the Giants in 2012, or in some cases maybe slightly better.

Washington swapped Jackson with Haren. If that's the Dan Haren of any of the previous 5 or 6 years before 2012 that is one very good rotation. Especially since Strasburg is likely to be let loose. They also added Span, which is interesting because you would think it means either Laroche or Morse won't be Nats in 2013. Not sure if that's an upgrade or not. However, as a whole you have to figure they will remain strong. And they won 98 games last year and have a lot of young players. you wouldn't expect much of a fall off.

The Reds added Choo. It's basically a swap of him for the awful Drew Stubbs in their OF. Big upgrade. There's talk maybe Chapman will be a starter. We'll see there. Taking the ancient Rolen out of Dusty's disposal in favor of Frazier is a big time help, as the former was a shell of himself and taking up ABs from a better player. Votto is healthy. Another very strong team who you would figure will be as good or better in 2013.

SL didn't really do much. Lohse is probably gone, however despite his 2012 he's not really a TOR arm. I doubt he's that big a loss. Basically everyone of note will return for them just like the Giants.

Atlanta is a team who hasn't taken the next step the last 3 years. They swap Upton for Bourn which is probably a lateral move. McCann had labrum surgery and you have to figure he won't be a huge factor in 2013 as that's a tough injury to recover from. Chipper is retired also. Traded Hanson for Walden. Hanson wasn't very good, Walden is decent. Another probably lateral move. Anderlton Simmons is very exciting as a player and they have a lot of other good young talent, but they're probably a bit worse in 2013.

And I guess the last team is the Dodgers. Greinke is a huge pick up. While I think he's still living off his remarkable 2009 to some degree, you can't really argue he's not still an extremely good #2 to Kershaw. That was probably what LA lacked most, I mean after all who could really have feared a team with Chad Billingsley and Beckett 2/3's, and they went out and got him. Suddenly that's a much more formidable pitching staff. Ryu is too much of an unknown to say one way or the other. Huge talent again on this team. I think they're significantly improved as well. It's hard to imagine that lineup hitting as poorly again in 2013 as they did in 2012.

cliffs;

I think Wash, Cincy and La are all better. SL pretty much stood pat and figures to be good again. Atlanta I think is worse.

I'd rank the NL right now as:

1. Washington
    2. Cincy
    3. SF
    4. LA
    5. SL

I don't think any other NL teams will really challenge to make a WS run. LA and SF are basically even in my opinion after the Greinke acquisition.

vCash
    I still think we are top 5 team how you have us listed, ordered doesn't matter to me either. We've shown twice in three years all that matters is getting into the playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    I think Washington is clearly #1. From there you could make arguments based on the placement of Cincinatti, SF, LA, StL and ATL.

Slumpy Shoulder HR Counter: 10

vCash
    I have us 13th. If we brought in a LF we would have been top 2. Such is life..
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Ha. Am I to assume that sarcasm means you feel better, or worse?

Slumpy Shoulder HR Counter: 10

vCash
    All is well, except for the Giants.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    I have us 13th. If we brought in a LF we would have been top 2. Such is life..

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    I think its foolish to sleep on Philly they have a really good front 3 and could be dangerous just like no one in the west should sleep on zona they could pretty dangerous. And does it really matter if the giants are ranked 1st or 15th? I mean they are just silly rankings

And I think the giants and dodgers are should be neck and neck to me they are 1A & 1B in the division though I think our rosters is a little deeper
    Last edited by ciaban; 12-22-2012 at 09:17 PM.

vCash

Ranking the NL

Who cares

vCash
    1. Nationals
    2. Dodgers
    3. Reds
    4. Braves
    5. Giants
    6. Cardinals

vCash
    Imo The dodgers need to prove themselves before they can get such a high ranking

GIANTSNINERSWARRIORS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hd1906 View Post
    Imo The dodgers need to prove themselves before they can get such a high ranking
    you don't think they are a top 5 team why? who would you put a head of them.

vCash
    The teams who are proven and have been to the playoffs?
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedy22 View Post
    I still think we are top 5 team how you have us listed, ordered doesn't matter to me either. We've shown twice in three years all that matters is getting into the playoffs.
    Yup. As long as the Giants can get into the playoffs, their chances will always be good. Say all you want now but when the post season starts, all bets are off and EVERYONE will be betting against the Giants. Again. Even so called 'die hard' Giants fans... But, first they gotta get there.

vCash
    1. sf giants
    2. cards
    3. reds
    4. nats
    5.braves
    6.phils
    7. dodgers

Can you say dynasty?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast