Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D-League watch

vCash

D-League watch

I don't know if there is already a thread about this, and i was too lazy to look. But just watching the d-league, do you think there is anyone we should call up for 10 days? I was thinking Taylor Griffin. Shoots the ball well, rebounds well, can make freethrows, unlike blake, and can spread the floor with the 15-20foot midrange kind of like david lee. Just thinking since we like playing small, would it help to at least have him in reserve as an inside scoring option when lee or landry are in foul trouble? Or am i just overthinking?

fail

vCash
    ehhh- dont know if theres anyone on the d league team whos better than bazemoore and tyler.
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    I say we send Tyler to Santa Cruz to get playing time

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    Agreed, he still needs to develop his game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    i read something saying that its hard for big guys to get into d league games because the guards usually dominate the ball in an effort to pad their stats and look good for scouts.

Although- IMO it wouldnt hurt tyler to focus on defending the paint, getting boards and playing big.... rather than scoring the ball.

vCash
    As far as I know, Tyler dominated in his few games last season in Dakota

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    That's the beuty of this time as we don't really need to call anyone right now. Baze and Tyler and go back n forth between teams to get playing time. If we have major injury issues then yes there is talent to call up. We're n good shape

THE REAL FRANCHISE WARRIORS!

vCash
    Bay Area boys speaks truth. Elite teams don't need gatorade dleague call ups

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    In my opinion we need to leave both Tylez and Bazemore in the D-league for an extended amount of time. I don't get the point of bringing them up, so they might be able to play 3 minutes of a blowout game. Just leave them in the D-league for a while, and let them both polish their games. Both have a ton of potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

vCash
    Watched the game sitting in Row 1 on Jan 1st ... Bazemore is very intriguing and good Defensive player... not much high on Tyler ...his attitude may be a problem .... he has no moves ... Actually I did like Gladness .... he cud be a legit backup at the center spot if we have a trade situation with Beans ... (given how Beans is playing .... don't think that is happening)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GSP View Post
    Watched the game sitting in Row 1 on Jan 1st ... Bazemore is very intriguing and good Defensive player... not much high on Tyler ...his attitude may be a problem .... he has no moves ... Actually I did like Gladness .... he cud be a legit backup at the center spot if we have a trade situation with Beans ... (given how Beans is playing .... don't think that is happening)
    well beans is making 9 million a year.... the best time to trade him would be when he is playing well.... if our goal is to get anything back that would help us. Usually you dont trade a guy when he is at his worse... unless he isnt playing at all. I would look into trading bogut if he isnt back by mid january.

vCash
    They wouldn't be trading Beans for a player ... they'd be trading for cap space and picks would be my guess, but they won't do that until Bogut comes back. When Bogut is back and playing 15 a night with regularity I would not be surprised to see Beans sent packing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    They wouldn't be trading Beans for a player ... they'd be trading for cap space and picks would be my guess, but they won't do that until Bogut comes back. When Bogut is back and playing 15 a night with regularity I would not be surprised to see Beans sent packing.
    i disagree... in an enviornment where staying out of the luxury tax is more important than its ever been.... I find it hard to believe a team would give up nice low end contracts with players that they could build around for the future (draft picks).... for a guy like andris beidrins.

I think if they find a taker for beidrins- the warriors would likely be taking back another bad contract- perhaps slightly longer... but for a player that could help the team more. maybe a player with an attitude problem. (a baron davis situation- but that seems like wishful thinking for it to be THAt good)

vCash
    You could be right, but I just don't see this team looking to trade a player who is in the regular rotation now for a player with a similarly large and even longer contract. I guess maybe Beans is staying around.

From the outside it sure looks like Tyler's days are numbered.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    You could be right, but I just don't see this team looking to trade a player who is in the regular rotation now for a player with a similarly large and even longer contract. I guess maybe Beans is staying around.

From the outside it sure looks like Tyler's days are numbered.
    Na. Big man take 4-5 years to develop. Recently I've seen Tyler make the biggest improvement since he's been in the NBA. He's not looking to shot every time he gets the ball now. You don't give up on a big man that's athletic, with a jump shot, and that has as much potential as Tyler does after a year and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast