Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 37 of 37
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    10,400
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    Would you guys be happy if Sandy just gave out millions and millions of dollars to players who most likely … help this team in a few years?

    Like I said....
    Here is the secret…

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZmafy_v8g8

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    [B]


    I don't understand this loser mentality, sorry. I do not agree that you let a team rot just because it's not a contender. You build your club incrementally at least if you cannot do it overnight. It doesn't matter if they'll make a big difference, they can help next year too.
    I hate to say it, but the Mets are losers right now and will be. That's what rebuilding is all about. I'm not making a big deal over the Mets not signing anyone yet because it won't make a difference either way.

    Let's assume signing a player doesn't make the team WS contenders, how is this team going to be worth spending on next off-season?

    Who wants Grady Sizemore? I don't. He's done.

    How is this team ever going to learn how to win, when every off-season/trade deadline the team punts the season?

    There's far more to it than all the prospect junkies think there is. Winning is a habit, a mentality and an attitude.
    They're trading away most of the veteran players because they're rebuilding. We're playing for the future. Winning also doesn't come by signing as many major leaguers you can in an offseason. It takes time.

    You all seem to think that a 70 win is going to be a contender as if by magic, by doing little more than waiting on Wheeler and TDA. Not gonna happen.

    The whole plan you have all swallowed is nuts. I can see what you're all thinking 'If we don't spend anything now, they'll spend more next year' - they won't.
    It's more than Wheeler and d'Arnaud. It's Wheeler, d'Arnaud, Syndergaard, Ike, Ruben, etc...

    They're more likely to spend in the next few seasons because the market is MUCH stronger and we'll have contracts like Bay and Santana comingoff the books.

    Teams who contend tend to be deep, to have depth you need a strong farm system, and you need plenty of role/bench/comp players who can fill in for injuries, and take pressure off the likes of DW who has shown he cannot carry a team.

    This team, has ONE proven offensive weapon. And you and others think that that team will be a contender next year, without signing a single offensive player to help?

    Ok.
    When did I ever say that the Mets will compete next year? lol. I think I've been saying more than anyone that the Mets aren't going to win for a few more seasons.

    One quesiton. If you were Sandy, what would you do right now? Trade the farm for Giancarlo Stanton and sign Michael Bourn? I'd love to hear your master plan, because obviously you'd make the perfect decisions and turn this team into a contender right away.

    Who is a free agent right now that would really make a lot of sense for Sandy to sign? I'm sure there aren't many.

    You don't acquire players for the hell of it. You make moves that make sense for the team and what direction the team is going.
    Last edited by MetsFanatic19; 12-29-2012 at 12:34 PM.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    The market is much stronger? no it's not, and it will get weaker.

    Aren't going to win for a few more seasons? when then? When Wright is 35?

    You hit the problem right on the head there. This 'rebuild' will never get finished at the rate it is progressing now.

    This plan is an utter nonsense.
    Last edited by Marty Mcfly; 12-29-2012 at 01:00 PM.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    The market is much stronger? no it's not, and it will get weaker.

    Aren't going to win for a few more seasons? when then? When Wright is 35?

    You hit the problem right on the head there. This 'rebuild' will never get finished at the rate it is progressing now.

    This plan is an utter nonsense.
    2012/2013 Free Agents List: http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/0...ee-agents.html

    Projected 2013/2014 Free Agents List: http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...ee-agents.html

    Weaker? I don't think so.

    And no, we aren't going to win for a few more seasons. I'd say 2015 is when the tide really starts to turn (Wright will be 32).

    How can you say that this rebuilding process will not work with so much confidence? We are in as good a position a team could be to win for the future. We have an All Star veteran, multiple young players in the majors who have high upside, multiple players in the minors with great upside who are almost ready, and a bundle of very young players with high upside in the minors who are a few years away.

    So, I ask you again. What would you do right now if you were GM? What moves would make you happy?
    Last edited by MetsFanatic19; 12-29-2012 at 01:17 PM.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Funny because I heard the exact same thing about the 2013 off-season...

    If I were GM? i'd be looking to make small improvements than can help next year and beyond, how does signing a player or two kill the future? It's not about player a or player b, it's about strategy. You don't have to stand pat every year, you do see this dynamic of waiting until everything is just right could go on for a long long time right?

    It doesn't need to, you can rebuild and retool the roster with better secondary players while you wait for the prospects to develop, all doing nothing does is ensure punted season after punted season.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    28,900
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Funny because I heard the exact same thing about the 2013 off-season...

    If I were GM? i'd be looking to make small improvements than can help next year and beyond, how does signing a player or two kill the future? It's not about player a or player b, it's about strategy. You don't have to stand pat every year, you do see this dynamic of waiting until everything is just right could go on for a long long time right?

    It doesn't need to, you can rebuild and retool the roster with better secondary players while you wait for the prospects to develop, all doing nothing does is ensure punted season after punted season.
    From who?


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Funny because I heard the exact same thing about the 2013 off-season...

    If I were GM? i'd be looking to make small improvements than can help next year and beyond, how does signing a player or two kill the future? It's not about player a or player b, it's about strategy. You don't have to stand pat every year, you do see this dynamic of waiting until everything is just right could go on for a long long time right?

    It doesn't need to, you can rebuild and retool the roster with better secondary players while you wait for the prospects to develop, all doing nothing does is ensure punted season after punted season.
    Traded Dickey for...

    Buck - instant, but small, improvement over Thole.
    d'Arnaud - improvement for near and far future.
    Syndergaard - improvement for far future.

    So, what you would do is pretty much what Sandy has already done?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •