Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 37
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Posts
    16,272
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Yeah but the price is right.
    I know, I know. Cheapo price. Like buying a car from a scrap heap.

    It's just seems that we have set AAAA players as our standard for 2013, hoping we catch lightning in a bottle.

    Will he be the next Blaine Boyer or D.J. Carrasco?

    "Patience" seems to be the ongoing word in NY Mets development.......

    FoC, between you and me, I don't how much longer I can hang on following the Mess.

    She's In Heaven, But My First Choice For Shortstop


    Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

    ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,173
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    Not a bad signing at all. Gives us some badly needed depth. As prices drop in January, look for more of this type of signing.

    Don't despair. I think we'll still see the acquisition of one or two quality outfielders, either by trade or FA signing, as well as a starter and at least one reliever, from among major league players.
    LOL not a bad signing, only gave up 17 Hr's last year in 22 games, thats a hell of a stat

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,142
    vCash
    1500
    Most of our new players either played in Vegas or Toronto last season.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,142
    vCash
    1500
    Why don't they trade for Lackey then we would have a Laffey and a Lackey and then we'll all get a laugh because that would be tacky.
    Last edited by SILVER SEAVER; 12-28-2012 at 04:00 AM.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,142
    vCash
    1500
    Lackey is Alderson's kind of player. Coming back from injury, one step away from retirement and his current team willing to pay for him to go away. Keep that "trying to catch lightening in a bottle" strategy alive.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aurora, CO (HT Queens, NY)
    Posts
    12,086
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Lackey is Alderson's kind of player. Coming back from injury, one step away from retirement and his current team willing to pay for him to go away. Keep that "trying to catch lightening in a bottle" strategy alive.
    Yup...

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    More worthless trash.

    A 74 win team has yet to make a single move that will help win a single baseball game next season.

    That is utterly contemptible.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    30,951
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post

    FoC, between you and me, I don't how much longer I can hang on following the Mess.
    Indeed. I can give it at least another year.But if we keep seeing a steady stream of APHs, they're gonna have to find an APH to replace my SNY viewership before long.

    Yeah, I'm sure they're real worried about that.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    You guys know that every team makes moves like this. Really just filling out the AAA roster and adding depth.

    I know that the Mets haven't made any "big" moves in FA this year, which is why moves like this become more publicized, but who do you want them to sign? I'd rather play our young guys (Kirk, den Dekker, etc...) than deprive them of playing time and instead play an aging, average player who would not help this team in the future (what the Mets are playing for).

    I guess it's because I'm young that I'm not getting antsy...

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    30,951
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    You guys know that every team makes moves like this. Really just filling out the AAA roster and adding depth.

    I know that the Mets haven't made any "big" moves in FA this year, which is why moves like this become more publicized, but who do you want them to sign? I'd rather play our young guys (Kirk, den Dekker, etc...) than deprive them of playing time and instead play an aging, average player who would not help this team in the future (what the Mets are playing for).

    I guess it's because I'm young that I'm not getting antsy...
    You don't understand. When we're not trading away All Stars, these are the only kinds of moves this team makes. Of course every team has to fill out rosters. But they're also acquiring quality big leaguers too. The Mets? Just one APH after another.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    12,923
    vCash
    1500
    Low risk moves are only useful if there is some off-chance of a reward...doesn't seem to be one with this guy.
    "We're snakebitten, baby." --Fred Wilpon

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    16,746
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    You don't understand. When we're not trading away All Stars, these are the only kinds of moves this team makes. Of course every team has to fill out rosters. But they're also acquiring quality big leaguers too. The Mets? Just one APH after another.
    He does understand.

    You guys know that every team makes moves like this. Really just filling out the AAA roster and adding depth.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

    Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    [QUOTE=MetsFanatic19;24888827]You guys know that every team makes moves like this. Really just filling out the AAA roster and adding depth.




    They also sign FA's that will help the team, the Mets don't. They're the only team who has not signed an MLB FA.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    But the fact is that signing a guy right away isn't going to make any difference.

    Would it be so much more beneficial to sign Grady Seizmore right now instead of starting the season with den Dekker in the outfield?

    Who would you guys like ot see the Mets sign that you would prefer one hundred times over the younger guys we have now? Would you guys be happy if Sandy just gave out millions and millions of dollars to players who most likely wouldnt help this team in a few years?

    Like I said....

    I'd rather play our young guys (Kirk, den Dekker, etc...) than deprive them of playing time and instead play an aging, average player who would not help this team in the future (what the Mets are playing for).
    Last edited by MetsFanatic19; 12-29-2012 at 10:25 AM.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    But the fact is that signing a guy right away isn't going to make any difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    Would it be so much more beneficial to sign Grady Seizmore right now instead of starting the season with den Dekker in the outfield?

    Who would you guys like ot see the Mets sign that you would prefer one hundred times over the younger guys we have now?

    Like I said....

    I don't understand this loser mentality, sorry. I do not agree that you let a team rot just because it's not a contender. You build your club incrementally at least if you cannot do it overnight. It doesn't matter if they'll make a big difference, they can help next year too.

    Let's assume signing a player doesn't make the team WS contenders, how is this team going to be worth spending on next off-season?

    Who wants Grady Sizemore? I don't. He's done.

    How is this team ever going to learn how to win, when every off-season/trade deadline the team punts the season?

    There's far more to it than all the prospect junkies think there is. Winning is a habit, a mentality and an attitude.

    You all seem to think that a 70 win is going to be a contender as if by magic, by doing little more than waiting on Wheeler and TDA. Not gonna happen.

    The whole plan you have all swallowed is nuts. I can see what you're all thinking 'If we don't spend anything now, they'll spend more next year' - they won't.

    Teams who contend tend to be deep, to have depth you need a strong farm system, and you need plenty of role/bench/comp players who can fill in for injuries, and take pressure off the likes of DW who has shown he cannot carry a team.

    This team, has ONE proven offensive weapon. And you and others think that that team will be a contender next year, without signing a single offensive player to help?

    Ok.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •