Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    THink about what D12 is used to. Van Gundy preaching defense. A defensive coach preaching defense with D12 as the go to focus point. Right now, Dantoni focuses so much on offense, i think D12 feels like he's on an island when it comes to defensive schemes.

His foul yesterday IMHO was D12 saying, "I can't defend the opposition by myself"
    LINSANITY

vCash
    I wouldn't say d'antoni and kobe threw dwight under the bus. But I was surprised that kobe said it was the right call (the flagrant 2).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalG333 View Post
    THink about what D12 is used to. Van Gundy preaching defense. A defensive coach preaching defense with D12 as the go to focus point. Right now, Dantoni focuses so much on offense, i think D12 feels like he's on an island when it comes to defensive schemes.

His foul yesterday IMHO was D12 saying, "I can't defend the opposition by myself"
    I agree with you. What's particularly disturbing to me is that the message coming from the Lakers -- including Kobe and D'Antoni -- is that they really do seem to expect Howard to defend all by himself.

There's no excuse for giving up 39 points in a quarter, and yet today it's all about Howard and there's no talk about how everybody else failed too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    I wouldn't say d'antoni and kobe threw dwight under the bus. But I was surprised that kobe said it was the right call (the flagrant 2).
    There are a thousand ways to answer questions from the press without saying that you think your teammate is an idiot or worthless. Somehow, Kobe and D'Antoni managed to find responses that actually did say that Howard was an idiot and worthless.

Either they both made the same mistake, or they both threw Howard under the bus, but in neither case did they do what every team insists must be done, and that's keep issues in the locker room. They were both all too happy to use a public forum to register their own feelings with Howard.

Whether you agree or disagree with that or not, I'm betting Howard isn't too happy about it.

vCash
    blah blah blah.

They are grown men, not high school girls. They'll work it out. You are making a bigger deal out of it than anyone else in the world.
    I'm a Lakers fan...BUT:

1) No I don't think Kobe > MJ

2) No I don't think LeBron sucks.

3) No I don't think it's funny to continuously make jokes about Charles Osborne.

vCash
    I am rewatching the game, particularly on defense and here's what I see.

pick and roll defense (first basket for Denver). D12 doesn't hedge at all, he just wait and allows for the ball handler to get momentum. Kobe tries to cut off the perimeter passing lane and doesn't stick to the roll man. Then the roll man is unguarded until he gets to the rim where Pau slid over too late. No scheme.

third basket in the game for Denver. Nash get's caught on a pick set by Gallinari and Ty goes around it. Kobe is there but instead of picking up Ty, he points to the paint. Pau was on the other side of the basket and D12 was coming back down the floor. Lay up for Ty Lawson.

Again no scheme.
    LINSANITY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluefire7002 View Post
    My thoughts when I heard that from Kobe and D'Antoni is they were just frustrated, feeling Howard bailed on his team when they still had a legitimate chance at winning the game. They were only down by 6 with like halfway in the 3rd. It was a stupid play by Howard, A definite Andrew Bynum type move.

You are right though, it is drawing a lot of attention today. I hope he doesnt get suspended a game... I would really like to be over .500 by next week lol.
    So why would you think they were mad because he bailed if they were only down by 6 in the 3rd? Thats what you do down by 20 with 2 min left in the game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERLIFE View Post
    So why would you think they were mad because he bailed if they were only down by 6 in the 3rd? Thats what you do down by 20 with 2 min left in the game
    What do you mean??? It's a close game, you are the defensive anchor and your team is trying to get back into it (they were down by 10ish i believe before that) and then you go ahead and get ejected??? That is bailing on your team.

I do believe it was to prove a point to his teammates (like other said on here) that he's doing all the defensive work.
    #Chow!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERLIFE View Post
    I don't think it was as evil as many people are making it seem. A frustration foul by Dwight, certainly. But it was'nt an elbow shove like Bynum did to Barea a couple seasons back.

It was a hand to the face and Faried ran right into it. The way he went down made it all the more dramatic.
    LINSANITY

vCash
    Of course, it's GailGoodrich making this thread, what a surprise

vCash
    Howard isn't the focus of the offense at all. If anything he's more of a distraction/decoy than a real offensive option. Whether that's warranted or not, it's certainly not what he's been used to, or what he expects to be in a year or two when most of the current Lakers are retired. He's not getting touches, and any player of his caliber would be frustrated by that.
    have you seen dwight's (lack of) offensive abilities?
    he's basically a more athletic tyson chandler.

vCash
    who cares

The lakers next four games are at home.... We should win 3 out of 4..... Certainly the Clippers will kick our ***** a good one, but we should be 17-16 at the end of it
    http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/duanevalle/1950Rams2.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane v View Post
    who cares

The lakers next four games are at home.... We should win 3 out of 4..... Certainly the Clippers will kick our ***** a good one, but we should be 17-16 at the end of it
    I actually think a Laker victory over the Clippers will do wonders for this squad.
    LINSANITY

vCash
    Right action wrong player. Faried was all over the place...How do you stop that? In the realm of ld school hoops, You knock him on his arse! However, it came too late(it should have been done in the 1st qtr, Secondly, Howard should haven't done it, That's what Clark, Ebanks, and Sacre are for. Same for Corey Brewer!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalG333 View Post
    I actually think a Laker victory over the Clippers will do wonders for this squad.
    Who would have ever thought

The Clippers look so much more organized than us right now
    http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/duanevalle/1950Rams2.jpg

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast