Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Avery fired!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbw241 View Post
    aka " Show Me the Money"
    AKA I rather coach a better team

vCash
    Would not be surprised seeing a Russian candidate here.

vCash
    This is NY, and putting aside the hot start and the stubbed toe...the Market demands someone with experience. Logic will dictate a seasonal period of gelling, like the Knicks and Heat went through. But with the pressure NY brings, as well as the inner pressure from the owner to make good on his promise, whom ever the new coach is, they have to bring a win-now mentality.
    Last edited by wdwyer; 12-27-2012 at 05:24 PM.

THANK YOU PROKY!!!

vCash
    I hope Deron plays better, but I dunno he looks washed

vCash
    I think Sloan is the best coach on the market and probably best fit for this team. All depends on whether he and DWill are willing to give it another shot, I think DWill is realizing now how good of a coach Sloan was for him.
    Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D2theJ View Post
    I think Sloan is the best coach on the market and probably best fit for this team. All depends on whether he and DWill are willing to give it another shot, I think DWill is realizing now how good of a coach Sloan was for him.
    I completely agree. We learn our lessons, and DWill has learned his

Brooklyn Nets | New Jersey Devils | New York Yankees | New York Giants

Gamertag PS3: CaptainClutch92 (Add It!)
    Twitter: @BeaconChris
    "The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    I Know people dpn't want to hear this but it's a shame lakers just got D'antoni, he would have been perfect for this team. A perfect PG to run his system and a system to make deron happy. JJ on the wing like on Phx, G wallace, would have been fun to see. This team def needs a offensive coach tho. The thing is I feel all the coaches out there aren't a good fit.
    Mcmillan- very similar to avery Johnson's style. Not what we want

Stan Van- Too defensive focused, his style doesnt fit our players

Phil- Phil's triangle doesn't utilize a all star PG like we have. it would never work unless we trade deron.

Jerry Sloan- Best option, deron thrived in his system in utah and he is a winning coach

vCash
    Can someone mention my favorite candidate? BRIAN SHAW!
    Gamertag 360: I Play Bald (Add It!)
    Twitter: @RSchnyderite10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rurichie View Post
    Can someone mention my favorite candidate? BRIAN SHAW!
    No thanks. The fact that so many teams passed over him this summer scares me. He should have had the Magic job rapped up.

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    Anyone under 70 being considered?

vCash
    I would pick whatever coach that can put Dwill back into allstar status. Sloan did it for him, and that is what I think he wants.

BK is a great team, they should be an East coast top contender but I always thought Avery was more flash than stud. I mean he looked and acted like a coach, but obviously lacked what Nets need to become great, and not just good. I feel sorry for him, cause a lot of east coast teams would gladly take him in...which will probably happen soon.

vCash
    Phil and Sloan are the two most sought after coaches. They will only sign up if they truly think your a winning team that fits their play style.

However, Sloan's spot is still open in Utah and Phil's is still open in LA. I would be surprised to see them go anywhere else. Then again, they might see potential, I mean I see it in BK.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123