Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Cena can talk but he is lazy with his promo now too. He did own the rock with his battle rap

vCash
    Khali
    Funk
    Show

Are the only three guys off the top of my head worse than cena in ring right now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Khali
    Funk
    Show

Are the only three guys off the top of my head worse than cena in ring right now
    Cena is worse then all of those guys too
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lololololololololol

This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

This is going to be a piece of cake.

12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbellz3o8 View Post
    Cena is worse then all of those guys too
    I don't no if your serious lol

vCash
    We would still be seeing Cena vs Rock matches no matter what era it is

LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

vCash
    If Cena faced Austin in the Attitude Era, it'd be a squash match. No way in hell Cena does anything significant in that Era.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goalie View Post
    Cena is definitely stiff and unathletic, by stiff I mean the way he moves not the traditional use of stiff in the wrestling world.

I think he sells just fine, I don't know where that comes from.

The point is, Rock did the same thing every time in the ring. They all do! RVD, Jeff Hardy, they all have their in ring routine, some just look better doing it. You know exactly what y2j is going to do in his matches, scsa, hhh, hbk, taker.

Cena has the look, can work the mic and would have had a ton of heat from those crowds. He would have gotten a huge pop too because as a face they would have paired him with someone like foley for a bit, like they did with every top star.

Put him back then and vince still falls in love and grooms him to be the top guy.

The rock is not a better wrestler, he just goes through his routine a bit smoother. He was a DL his whole life, which is where you put athletic bigs on a football field as opposed to cena who was an OL at a much lower level. Thats where big, less athletic people play. You're comparing a division one athlete to a d3 athlete of course there will be a difference. Rock was a HS wrestler, Cena was not, and still you dont see any of that background or skill in the rocks 5 moves of doom.
    There's more to selling than simply landing the right way. When do you ever see Cena continuously sell a beating? When Rock would make a comeback, he still sold the beating. He would look like he was reaching deep down within himself to make that comeback. With Cena, it's more like, "oh hey, everything that happened up until this point didn't mean anything, because I'm just going to look like I took no damage up until this point".

The other part was that Rock would sell submissions. He'd have this look on his face like he was in the most grueling pain. He'd also sell injury and not just "forget" about it later on. Many times, the announcers would say that Rock had cracked ribs, and you would think from his reactions to getting hit there or how he moved around that what they were saying was true.

I mean sure the athleticism helped Rock, but Cena could easily do the kind of selling that Rock would do as far as selling a beating throughout the course of a match, selling the painfulness of a submission maneuver, or selling an injury. Like when Cena had his "knee injury" and then a week later, he ran down. He sold it when someone kicked it, which is good, but he shouldn't have ran down to the ring. He should've hobbled his way to the ring and made it look like the injury he had a week before was still there, even if it was a little better.

Truth is, if Cena did these things, I think people would respect him more. Also, a finisher that actually looks like it could hurt someone wouldn't hurt, but I won't get greedy.

vCash
    As for would Cena get over in the Attitude Era? Absolutely. He's great on the mic, and not even the biggest Cena hater can take that away from him.

vCash
    If Cena sucks in the ring, so did the Rock. There's really not too much that separates the two in the ring, in terms of overall quality.

vCash
    I don't even think people understand why they hate cena. He's a bad actor, he is cheesy, thats why he "doesnt sell well".

Does he jump right back up after getting choked slammed? Thats not selling well. If he didn't sell he would have a ton of lockerroom heat.

When punk puts him to sleep he crumbles like everyone else and stays down, thats selling.

He is a horrible actor.

And I love reading all of the wrestling critique when we aren't actually watching anyone wrestle. Cena gets the "you can't wrestle" because of the 5 moves of doom, yet every top wrestler is given their script of moves to run through. Can RVD wrestle? Nobody killed RVD everyweek, until now of course because he's been around too long. But week after week in WWE he got a huge pop and the IWC loved that hack. Yet once the bell rings its the same crap over and over again. Whats the difference between Cena and RVD, besides the fact that RVD can jump, spin and flick a weak kick at his opponent?

There are guys like Eddie that grow up in a ring or like Angle that wrestle their whole life, those guys are great wrestlers. But if you're standards for judging wreslters begins and ends with a real wrestling background then you won't have a whole lot of people on TV every week.

Would any of you call Hacksaw Jim Duggan a great wrestler? He was probably one of the best real wrestlers in that lockerroom in the 80's. Would any realize that Hacksaw was probably one of the best athletes and smartest people to ever come through the business? No because he stuck to his script of moves and his gimmick.

Cena=Hogan, stop expecting more. They can't turn a D3 offensive lineman into a high flying ring rat, he is what he is.

Some of the greatest wreslters of all time were guys that were just picked out of a weight room and invited to a camp. Hogan, Road Warriors, this list goes on. Not all of these guys are great wrestlers.

I bet Joe Henning is a great wrestler and athlete, where is he?
    Last edited by goalie; 12-28-2012 at 11:39 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    There's more to selling than simply landing the right way. When do you ever see Cena continuously sell a beating? When Rock would make a comeback, he still sold the beating. He would look like he was reaching deep down within himself to make that comeback. With Cena, it's more like, "oh hey, everything that happened up until this point didn't mean anything, because I'm just going to look like I took no damage up until this point".

The other part was that Rock would sell submissions. He'd have this look on his face like he was in the most grueling pain. He'd also sell injury and not just "forget" about it later on. Many times, the announcers would say that Rock had cracked ribs, and you would think from his reactions to getting hit there or how he moved around that what they were saying was true.

I mean sure the athleticism helped Rock, but Cena could easily do the kind of selling that Rock would do as far as selling a beating throughout the course of a match, selling the painfulness of a submission maneuver, or selling an injury. Like when Cena had his "knee injury" and then a week later, he ran down. He sold it when someone kicked it, which is good, but he shouldn't have ran down to the ring. He should've hobbled his way to the ring and made it look like the injury he had a week before was still there, even if it was a little better.

Truth is, if Cena did these things, I think people would respect him more. Also, a finisher that actually looks like it could hurt someone wouldn't hurt, but I won't get greedy.

The Rock Bottom - Peoples Elbow - Angle Slam - Hogan Leg Drop all look like it hurtsd?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lololololololololol

This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

This is going to be a piece of cake.

12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

vCash
    I defend cena quite regularly, and while he does put on entertaining/underrated matches at times, he is still clumsy in the ring. I understand being frustrated with his lack of an ability to sell. Sometimes he looks so awkward in the ring that even I can't defend it.

Also I would say lets not confuse being a great technical wrestler with being a great wrestler. They are not the same you can be a great WWE wrestler and not be a great technical wrestler.

Quote Originally Posted by goalie:24884055
    I don't even think people understand why they hate cena. He's a bad actor, he is cheesy, thats why he "doesnt sell well".

Does he jump right back up after getting choked slammed? Thats not selling well. If he didn't sell he would have a ton of lockerroom heat.

When punk puts him to sleep he crumbles like everyone else and stays down, thats selling.

He is a horrible actor.

And I love reading all of the wrestling critique when we aren't actually watching anyone wrestle. Cena gets the "you can't wrestle" because of the 5 moves of doom, yet every top wrestler is given their script of moves to run through. Can RVD wrestle? Nobody killed RVD everyweek, until now of course because he's been around too long. But week after week in WWE he got a huge pop and the IWC loved that hack. Yet once the bell rings its the same crap over and over again. Whats the difference between Cena and RVD, besides the fact that RVD can jump, spin and flick a weak kick at his opponent?

There are guys like Eddie that grow up in a ring or like Angle that wrestle their whole life, those guys are great wrestlers. But if you're standards for judging wreslters begins and ends with a real wrestling background then you won't have a whole lot of people on TV every week.

Would any of you call Hacksaw Jim Duggan a great wrestler? He was probably one of the best real wrestlers in that lockerroom in the 80's. Would any realize that Hacksaw was probably one of the best athletes and smartest people to ever come through the business? No because he stuck to his script of moves and his gimmick.

Cena=Hogan, stop expecting more. They can't turn a D3 offensive lineman into a high flying ring rat, he is what he is.

Some of the greatest wreslters of all time were guys that were just picked out of a weight room and invited to a camp. Hogan, Road Warriors, this list goes on. Not all of these guys are great wrestlers.

I bet Joe Henning is a great wrestler and athlete, where is he?
    I'm curious as to if you have a response to my last to you post on page 1? Do those numbers change your impression of anything?

Also I don't think you can compare the most successful guys of the 80s to now. Our culture is different and what we, as a people, find entertaining has changed. Those superhero like characters that were popular then are considered lame if done now.
    Last edited by Knowledge; 12-28-2012 at 12:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    If Cena sucks in the ring, so did the Rock. There's really not too much that separates the two in the ring, in terms of overall quality.
    Not sure if serious

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven:24884000
    Did SCSA suck in the ring because post neck injury, he was no longer a technical wrestler, he was a brawler. His matches with full of punches and kicks

Once again, technical wrestling is not the only form of a good wrestling. It is a mistake to try to link the two together.

WWE wrestling is not about technicality, it is about reading the crowd and telling a story, that does not mean being technical. If so lance storm would have been more popular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast