Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    eh I could care less. We are not likely to win with any of them. I actualy would not mind seeing a win to get me through the off-season. After all what would we do with a top 10 draft pick? Take Dwayne Robertson, Vernon Golston, or Mark Sanchez again?

vCash
    Oh stop it, Tim aint starting because if he goes out there and wins the criticism that would rain down on Rex and company would be huge, putting Mark against a team he done pretty decent against is a desperation move on behalf of Tanny and Rex to atleast try and save their jobs, tanny trying to defend that horrific contract extension and Rex for pushing to draft him so high and sticking with him so long.....1 more stinker and its all their jobs

Europe get READY, THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!

New York Jets..New York Knicks..New York Yankees..Barcelona!!

vCash
    You cant judge Greg on one and a half games. (especially as in the half a game he played pretty well)

He was too conservative and didnt want to risk getting picked off, and didnt get a lot of help from the O Line... he had a bad game sure, but no where close to how bad Mark has been at least 3 or 4 times this season.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    Tim Tebow is just another NFL football player (loosely defined), that got his money, and is at the mercy of the coaching staff - just like every other player.

Nobody owed him anything! He chose here betting that Sanchez would suck - which was almost a self-perpetuating prophecy, however, what he didn't plan on was that either: 1) Woody was the only one that wanted him - but I don't believe this: I think - 2) REX/Sparano/MrT (seeing value for a former 1st rounder) - but mostly REX - wanted to bring him here because he thought the guy was unstoppable - unfortunately - this was based on his defenses inability to stop him in Denver on 1 drive - the one that counted, the one that won Denver the game - HOWEVER - No one ever dreamed he would be such a bad player in when he got him. It wasn't that they didn't try the Wildcat - it was that it sucked, which coincided with how he looked in practice. He was NEVER going to be a starting QB for US - NEVER!

The reason Sanchez is starting is because the only other QB on the team has a concussion, and played terribly against a 5-9 team.

There is NO WAY that REX would even think about playing Tebow this week, and this is what some people just don't understand - because they had him GONE months ago - and the last thing they want to see is, against a dismal team (Bills), is Tebow lead the Jets to a win. I am not saying this couldn't happen - sure he could - look what the "horrible Sanchez" did against Buffalo. (BTW - I don't think Sanchez is horrible - I just think he got too much money, got to 2 AFC Championship Games in his 1st 2 yeas, and thought - "Hey, this is easy," and never realized that he has to eat, drink, sleep football - to get better, and he - with some assistance by deteriorating the team, and bringing in Tebow to mess with his head - found out that he wasn't working hard enough, and maybe he doesn't even care that much about football - whatever - he didn't continue to grow as a QB, and he couldn't elevate the talent around him - he probably never even thought that was his job - and all of a sudden - he stinks, everybody is against him, his confidence is shot - and he ends up being like a "shot fighter." The only thing that offers any semblance of hope for him is - he has the physical tools, and if he dedicates himself to being the best QB in the world (which he won't be, but he should be able to play better than this - and maybe it will NEVER BE GOOD ENOUGH, or maybe he just doesn't care enough - and it will show, as he will continue to suck for the rest of his career).

I don't understand why people don't understand that Tebow was never going to be a starting QB - not after what he showed the coaches! Maybe Tebow will get a chance to start for some team, and he'll be a winning QB - BUT NOT WITH OUR JETS! He was never brought here to be a QB! They thought he'd be hard to defend in the Wildcat - and then they saw him day after day in practice - and he sucked, and the Wildcat didn't work - except for 3rd and short, AND he ran for 3 1st downs in punting situations - that is like 3 INTS - it was good, but he was NEVER EVER going to be a starting QB. Just imagine how bad he must have been! To not play him while Sanchez was stinking it up - AND to start a "pop-gun QB" - McElroy in front of him - just shows that they never thought of him as a QB - and that is FAIR - fair like football, like life.

Don't you think that if Tebow shined - in anything - that he'd be playing? Of course he would, but he hasn't shown anything to suggest that - and the last thing ANYONE on the Jets (management) wants to see is him come in and win the last game - and the Tebow lovers, and Jets Fans that love TO HATE the Jets - would have a field day.

Face it - we're dysfunctional as it is - who wants to look that stupid? NOBODY!

Whether Sanchez plays effectively, or not, will have no bearing on his "trade value." Face it - he doesn't have any - not without a huge "giveaway" by us.

And for everyone that thought Greg McElroy was/is the answer at QB - how's he looking now? I would be amazed - simply AMAZED - if Greg McElroy is ever a starting QB - in fact - I'll be surprised if he'll ever be the back-up QB (#2) - UNLESS - the Jets decide to stand pat next year with Sanchez and McElroy, and work on building the team elsewhere.

I read all these experts that say the Jets need to just "get rid of Sanchez." Maybe if the OC was Tony Soprano, and not Sparano - and he took him "fishing," then, maybe they could get rid of Sanchez.

Stop with the Tebow raw deal thing! Starters start, and players that don't cut the mustard don't! Especially a guy that you've decided months ago was not going to be on your team next year. Did he get paid? Yes - so he didn't get abused.

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsguy View Post
    eh I could care less. We are not likely to win with any of them. I actualy would not mind seeing a win to get me through the off-season. After all what would we do with a top 10 draft pick? Take Dwayne Robertson, Vernon Golston, or Mark Sanchez again?
    Don't think the same crew will be running this years draft brah

Europe get READY, THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!

New York Jets..New York Knicks..New York Yankees..Barcelona!!

vCash
    Bummed about this. Sanchez might actually lead us to victory over the Bills.

vCash
    First rib gate, now concussion gate?

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    to all the tebow fans let me ask you this question

how do you expect the jets to install tebows gimmick offense in one practice?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    Tim Tebow is just another NFL football player (loosely defined), that got his money, and is at the mercy of the coaching staff - just like every other player.

Nobody owed him anything! He chose here betting that Sanchez would suck - which was almost a self-perpetuating prophecy, however, what he didn't plan on was that either: 1) Woody was the only one that wanted him - but I don't believe this: I think - 2) REX/Sparano/MrT (seeing value for a former 1st rounder) - but mostly REX - wanted to bring him here because he thought the guy was unstoppable - unfortunately - this was based on his defenses inability to stop him in Denver on 1 drive - the one that counted, the one that won Denver the game - HOWEVER - No one ever dreamed he would be such a bad player in when he got him. It wasn't that they didn't try the Wildcat - it was that it sucked, which coincided with how he looked in practice. He was NEVER going to be a starting QB for US - NEVER!

The reason Sanchez is starting is because the only other QB on the team has a concussion, and played terribly against a 5-9 team.

There is NO WAY that REX would even think about playing Tebow this week, and this is what some people just don't understand - because they had him GONE months ago - and the last thing they want to see is, against a dismal team (Bills), is Tebow lead the Jets to a win. I am not saying this couldn't happen - sure he could - look what the "horrible Sanchez" did against Buffalo. (BTW - I don't think Sanchez is horrible - I just think he got too much money, got to 2 AFC Championship Games in his 1st 2 yeas, and thought - "Hey, this is easy," and never realized that he has to eat, drink, sleep football - to get better, and he - with some assistance by deteriorating the team, and bringing in Tebow to mess with his head - found out that he wasn't working hard enough, and maybe he doesn't even care that much about football - whatever - he didn't continue to grow as a QB, and he couldn't elevate the talent around him - he probably never even thought that was his job - and all of a sudden - he stinks, everybody is against him, his confidence is shot - and he ends up being like a "shot fighter." The only thing that offers any semblance of hope for him is - he has the physical tools, and if he dedicates himself to being the best QB in the world (which he won't be, but he should be able to play better than this - and maybe it will NEVER BE GOOD ENOUGH, or maybe he just doesn't care enough - and it will show, as he will continue to suck for the rest of his career).

I don't understand why people don't understand that Tebow was never going to be a starting QB - not after what he showed the coaches! Maybe Tebow will get a chance to start for some team, and he'll be a winning QB - BUT NOT WITH OUR JETS! He was never brought here to be a QB! They thought he'd be hard to defend in the Wildcat - and then they saw him day after day in practice - and he sucked, and the Wildcat didn't work - except for 3rd and short, AND he ran for 3 1st downs in punting situations - that is like 3 INTS - it was good, but he was NEVER EVER going to be a starting QB. Just imagine how bad he must have been! To not play him while Sanchez was stinking it up - AND to start a "pop-gun QB" - McElroy in front of him - just shows that they never thought of him as a QB - and that is FAIR - fair like football, like life.

Don't you think that if Tebow shined - in anything - that he'd be playing? Of course he would, but he hasn't shown anything to suggest that - and the last thing ANYONE on the Jets (management) wants to see is him come in and win the last game - and the Tebow lovers, and Jets Fans that love TO HATE the Jets - would have a field day.

Face it - we're dysfunctional as it is - who wants to look that stupid? NOBODY!

Whether Sanchez plays effectively, or not, will have no bearing on his "trade value." Face it - he doesn't have any - not without a huge "giveaway" by us.

And for everyone that thought Greg McElroy was/is the answer at QB - how's he looking now? I would be amazed - simply AMAZED - if Greg McElroy is ever a starting QB - in fact - I'll be surprised if he'll ever be the back-up QB (#2) - UNLESS - the Jets decide to stand pat next year with Sanchez and McElroy, and work on building the team elsewhere.

I read all these experts that say the Jets need to just "get rid of Sanchez." Maybe if the OC was Tony Soprano, and not Sparano - and he took him "fishing," then, maybe they could get rid of Sanchez.

Stop with the Tebow raw deal thing! Starters start, and players that don't cut the mustard don't! Especially a guy that you've decided months ago was not going to be on your team next year. Did he get paid? Yes - so he didn't get abused.

GO JETS!!!
    Don't remember the media speaking on how Brady Quinn got a raw deal when Tebow passed him on the depth chart. The guy is such a great person and "friends" with Mark that he came here specifically to try and take his job......

1 MORE PUPIL!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Bummed about this. Sanchez might actually lead us to victory over the Bills.
    Join me Nymfan... You want Sanchez to succeed too!

1 MORE PUPIL!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by utl768 View Post

Not a Tebow fan but I'd like to see him get a game. I would just run the offense as is and see how he does. I really don't want to see Sanchez out there. If he does well, he will start next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VillaMaravilla View Post
    Oh stop it, Tim aint starting because if he goes out there and wins the criticism that would rain down on Rex and company would be huge, putting Mark against a team he done pretty decent against is a desperation move on behalf of Tanny and Rex to atleast try and save their jobs, tanny trying to defend that horrific contract extension and Rex for pushing to draft him so high and sticking with him so long.....1 more stinker and its all their jobs

If Tebow played well, the whole crew is screwed. I don't want him as a qb either but i want him to have a chance to play after the year he's had.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HansumJay View Post
    Join me Nymfan... You want Sanchez to succeed too!
    I want Sanchez to succeed. Wanting him to fail makes no sense to me.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post

If Tebow played well, the whole crew is screwed. I don't want him as a qb either but i want him to have a chance to play after the year he's had.
    Doing well against a bad team wouldn't prove anything, but it would just create more noise that I don't think the Jets need right now.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Doing well against a bad team wouldn't prove anything, but it would just create more noise that I don't think the Jets need right now.
    Unquestionably.
    I hope Sanchez plays well but it will probably mean an endorsement for him next year. That isn't the worst thing if we draft someone and fill in some holes around him. But I m worried that if he plays well, Rex will come out with "Marks our guy next year", kind of stuff. That will drive me nuts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by utl768 View Post

Hence, why those Tebow fans will simply turn to you and say, let Tebow run the regular offense.

All Tebow wanted was to run the regular offense, not just the wildcat.

Unfortunately, there are fans out there without the capability to see the difference between the two, and think that all Tebow knows is the wildcat.

Also since it's obvious that Tebow won't be here next year, why do anything to hurt his value.
    Apparently, Jax believes that Tebow will be an asset to them, so why expose Tebow with one game left.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast