Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    After watching GMAC struggle vs the Chargers last Sunday, it can be said its not Marks fault - the whole offense needs to be redone... I'm done bashing Mark, this whole offense *****.

Anyone who watches these games critically, understands that it is not just Sanchez. He is the frontman for a very ****** band. He was a decent but never a great singer. When the band was good, you could just hear him sing and he could carry a tune and keep the band in rhythm. Now the band sucks and he's trying to sing louder and in a range that he's not capable, so he sounds worse than he is.
    You are correct, this whole offense SUCKED! This was the most unpleasant season to watch in a long time.
    I think most of our problems can be taken care of in the offseason. Pray for a great GM.

vCash
    Agreed. If we can get like 3 lineman and a RB we should be greatly improved. With 2 of those lineman being starting caliber, 1 being a star, and the back has to be able to catch.

If we bring Braylon back those moves could completely change the offense into a decent one. And then obviously if we can improve more then we would be even better. Like if we find a better number two then Braylon, all of a sudden we can be pretty deep. While Tone isn't the best he showed he could beat one on one coverage, a better number 2 would make it hard to double him, and then Kerley could work the slot and then Hill would be a good tool to possess in a 4 wide set.

I don't think Keller is coming back, but I don't think he is as bad as others. I just think we are going to have to work so hard to open up cap room that we won't be able to bring him back. And I do think we need another TE if thats the case.
    Last edited by aNYer; 12-28-2012 at 09:37 AM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    Agreed. If we can get like 3 lineman and a RB we should be greatly improved. With 2 of those lineman being starting caliber, 1 being a star, and the back has to be able to catch.

Absolutely, I agree.
    If we bring Braylon back those moves could completely change the offense into a decent one. And then obviously if we can improve more then we would be even better. Like if we find a better number two then Braylon, all of a sudden we can be pretty deep. While Tone isn't the best he showed he could beat one on one coverage, a better number 2 would make it hard to double him, and then Kerley could work the slot and then Hill would be a good tool to possess in a 4 wide set.

I don't think Keller is coming back, but I don't think he is as bad as others. I just think we are going to have to work so hard to open up cap room that we won't be able to bring him back. And I do think we need another TE if thats the case.
    Give Reuland and Smith a chance at TE. Neither are glamorous but if we part with Keller, which will be a sign of what will be happening with Sanchez, I say worry about the line and an RB. It is a pretty good RB draft.
    Doing that, we can still get a Pass rusher and a OLB, maybe even a FS.
    I think we have a chance to make significant changes for a good price.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 12-28-2012 at 02:16 PM.

vCash
    I think the real problem with our offense is that our receivers are so bad that teams know they can blitz all day and leave the corners/safeties/linebackers in man coverage and nobody will get free. We just don't have the type of receivers (either big or quick) who can beat man coverage. The safeties then get to play CF, and all hell breaks loose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Give Reuland and Smith a chance at TE. Neither are glamorous but if we part with Keller, which will be a sign of what will be happening with Sanchez, I say worry about the line and an RB. It is a pretty good RB draft.
    Doing that, we can still get a Pass rusher and a OLB, maybe even a FS.
    I think we have a chance to make significant changes for a good price.
    I am alright with Cumberland and Reuland/Smith, but I think we need one more outside of that. Reuland is a blocker that can catch. Smith is interesting, but I don't know if I am willing to put my eggs in that basket.

I don't think Keller leaving will be an indicator of anything. I think Mark will be here because of his contract and Keller will not because he thinks he deserves a lot. Like too much. The numbers game makes me think he is basically gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    I think the real problem with our offense is that our receivers are so bad that teams know they can blitz all day and leave the corners/safeties/linebackers in man coverage and nobody will get free. We just don't have the type of receivers (either big or quick) who can beat man coverage. The safeties then get to play CF, and all hell breaks loose.
    Thats part of it. Like I said, Holmes was the only one that could beat 1 on 1 coverage.

But in turn our line didn't help. Austin Howard makes a good bulldozer but our pass protection leaves something to be desired. And our backs can't pick up blitzes well enough.

So you combine that and there is no reason not to sell out against the run, and if its a pass just bring the house cause we can't block it. And if we do block it at first our receivers are not beating an honest backfield. With someone like Holmes they would at least have to cheat to him and make it easier for the others. And without RB that can catch they don't even need worry about a safety valve. Which most times use a hell of a lot. And no Keller safety blanket most of the year. Its all related, but thankfully its mostly fixable. Just tough to do in one offseason. Especially one in which you need OLBs and probably a safety. .
    Last edited by aNYer; 12-28-2012 at 03:47 PM.

vCash
    This just reaffirms to me that Rex never wanted Tebow

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post

Anyone who watches these games critically, understands that it is not just Sanchez. He is the frontman for a very ****** band. He was a decent but never a great singer. When the band was good, you could just hear him sing and he could carry a tune and keep the band in rhythm. Now the band sucks and he's trying to sing louder and in a range that he's not capable, so he sounds worse than he is.
    You are correct, this whole offense SUCKED! This was the most unpleasant season to watch in a long time.
    I think most of our problems can be taken care of in the offseason. Pray for a great GM.
    Very few people would solely blame Sanchez...but again at No. 5 overall he is expected to lead the team eventually, and that eventually usually progresses over time, in Year 4 he did not lead, he did not help, and his stupid mistakes hurt.

He throws errant interceptions, fumbles when scrambling, and I have no faith.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    I just like picking on him - yeah he turns the ball over, every QB does but for some reason he turns it over a little more then others. This season was not all his fault though, I blame our OC, injuries, and the oline to some extent.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345