Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Sanchez to Return as Starter?

Uh-oh. I think this is a bit premature but here's an article about Sanchez' recent meeting with Rex:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...at-stuff-here/

Mark Sanchez: “I know we’re destined for great stuff here”

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 31, 2012, 12:30 PM EST

Getty Images
    A miserable season hasn’t dampened Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez’s confidence.

Sanchez told reporters today that after talking to head coach Rex Ryan, he’s as confident as ever that they’re going to build a great team together.

“I had a good talk with Rex, and I know we’re destined for great stuff here,” Sanchez said. “I know we can be successful here. So that’s what I’m focused on. I’m excited to come back here and do my very best.”

Sanchez’s comments strongly suggest that Ryan told him he should plan to be the Jets’ starting quarterback in 2013. Although Ryan did briefly bench Sanchez in favor of Greg McElroy this season, Sanchez’s guaranteed salary makes him a near-lock to be on the team for at least one more season.

And although this season was a disaster, Sanchez would like to point out that it wasn’t all bad.

“There are a lot of things to be proud of: Guys going to the Pro Bowl. Shonn Greene rushing for 1,000 yards for the second straight year,” Sanchez said. “But in my opinion, I underachieved and didn’t play the way I’m capable of playing. And unfortunately that led to some losses and things like that so I’ve just got to get better, take some time and get away from the game for a little bit, then come back strong next year.”

If Sanchez is going to stay the starting quarterback, the Jets will need him to come back a lot stronger next year.

vCash
    Just means Rex and Sanchez will both be gone after next season.

Cant wait to see the fans reaction after another pick 6.

This is quickly becoming the 1995-1996 NY Jets!!

Rich Kotite was seen shaking his head after reading that article.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    He might be back next year. But the first real statement of the article "this season hasnt dented his confidence" is so palpably false I didnt really read the rest.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    He'll be back. He will also have to fight his arse off to win the job. I'm sure he will really have to earn it for the first time in his career. If he doesn't, he rides the pine till the end of next year and is gone.

vCash
    Although it is likely to be a mistake, I'm starting to get a strong feeling we are going to look to draft a qb in the first. New GM wants to make his mark but can let a guy grow while using sanchez 1 more year because of all the $ he is owed which he can put on tanny.

What respectable vet QB is going to come to this circus to compete with sanchez after this year when he will be making less and dealing with the crap. A rookie has no choice lol.

vCash
    Maybe they will convince him to re do his contract and then cut him after he struggle in the preseason?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsguy View Post
    Although it is likely to be a mistake, I'm starting to get a strong feeling we are going to look to draft a qb in the first. New GM wants to make his mark but can let a guy grow while using sanchez 1 more year because of all the $ he is owed which he can put on tanny.

What respectable vet QB is going to come to this circus to compete with sanchez after this year when he will be making less and dealing with the crap. A rookie has no choice lol.
    I agree what vet would want to come to a team with no reliable wide receivers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsguy View Post

Agreed to decent qb is coming here to be a backup to Marky Mark. Alex Smith is ONLY coming to the Jets to be the starting quarterback of this team.

Moh Town!

vCash
    They have one more year to get it right...Basically, we'll give Sanchez a good OC/QB coach and if that doesnt work they're both out...Would be interesting what happens if he does improve next year.. Does he get a multi year deal or one year deal after that.. Not sure I trust him with a multi year deal...

!Tank the season for Bridgewater!

vCash
    If we draft a qb early forget about Mark lasting to long as a starter the fan base has turned on him and I cant imajine next year them stayijg with him when a high draft pick is on the bench

Europe get READY, THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!

New York Jets..New York Knicks..New York Yankees..Barcelona!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VillaMaravilla View Post
    If we draft a qb early forget about Mark lasting to long as a starter the fan base has turned on him and I cant imajine next year them stayijg with him when a high draft pick is on the bench
    Yea, he might be done in NY.. All it takes is one mistake for the boos to rain on him and then we'll see what he's made off.. We could be changing QBs by mid season...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cañamin View Post
    They have one more year to get it right...Basically, we'll give Sanchez a good OC/QB coach and if that doesnt work they're both out...Would be interesting what happens if he does improve next year.. Does he get a multi year deal or one year deal after that.. Not sure I trust him with a multi year deal...
    And WR's too, right? What's the point of coaches if there's no one to throw to?

Sanchez's contract runs through 2016, but none of the money isn't guaranteed after 2013. This makes the contract very team friendly after next year because they can cut him loose any time, or they can pay him $11.5MM, $14.5MM, and $12.25MM from 2014-2016, which would be reasonable amounts if he actually emerges as a top QB.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VillaMaravilla View Post
    That's the same reason Sanchez started in his rookie year when he should have been carrying a clipboard.

The Jets' brass listened to idiot fans. If they draft a QB to replace Mark, they need to get it right this time. Don't rush someone and **** him up again.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    If Mark Sanchez is our starting QB next year, I may take a year off from watching football... Who am I kidding that won't happen but I'll be "Mad like a hornet".....

"Let's be clear. Coples is not only the most physically gifted defensive lineman in the 2012 draft he's also the most talented senior prospect, regardless of position. "CBS Sports

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    And WR's too, right? What's the point of coaches if there's no one to throw to?

Sanchez's contract runs through 2016, but none of the money isn't guaranteed after 2013. This makes the contract very team friendly after next year because they can cut him loose any time, or they can pay him $11.5MM, $14.5MM, and $12.25MM from 2014-2016, which would be reasonable amounts if he actually emerges as a top QB.
    We won't be able to afford WRs once we get these high price coaches.. He better throw it and catch it himself. Ok just kidding we can resign Braylon and Holmes is already under contract.. Throw in Kerley/Hill and we're good to go..

Thanks for the contract info but that's still a lot of money for Sanchez..Then again, maybe he'll deserve it then..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast