Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    vCash
    Have you actually watched any of the Knick games over the last few weeks? I'm pro Felton, but he was NOT playing good basketball.[/QUOTE]

Yeah he started struggling when he got those bruises on his hands

vCash
    What do people honestly expect from Shump right away, realistically, I'm curious? Guy's coming back from an ACL injury even when he comes back, he's gonna have to take it slow and work his way in. See Dirk not same injury but Dirk looks lost just don't expect to much from Shump right off the bat is all I'm saying.[/QUOTE]

^^^This

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezy:24883606
    Quote Originally Posted by Stressindecade View Post
    This is not good news ..

We want Jason Kidd healthy for the postseason games ..
    We dont want Kidd injured in any sort of way before or after the All-Star games,
    by being force to play 34 plus minutes per game ..
    Why did we decided to get a non-passin tier-2 PG-Felton instead of keepin a hungry-creative tier-1 PG Jeremy Lin?

Felton's injured finger is not going to make him play any worst than what he's been playing this season, get his punk-A... back on the court.
    We dont need Felton service in the 4th quarter, he never was a decent finisher .. but we do need 24 minutes per game of Felton service in the first 3 quarters of the game. Rookie PG-Pablo is not a 30 minute player on a contender team. And if anyone has notice Jason Kidd is our best SG we have on the court.
    Thanks for showing me an example of pressing the panic button.

Lol

vCash
    This is basically like last year when Lin went down.
    We tightened up our defense. Bibby,JR and Shumpert (Davis I think was injured alot)were mainly playing the point.
    We did pretty well during that stretch until we reached the playoffs.

We need to do the same thing this year. Tighten up the defense, share the point guard duties, and play smart. We're deeper this year, Kid can give us 25-30mins, Prigioni should give us 20Mins, JR has proven that he can handle the point guard position for limited minutes. I think we should be ok. Good teams lose starters and continue to win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    We tightened up our defense. Bibby,JR and Shumpert (Davis I think was injured alot)were mainly playing the point.

We need to do the same thing this year. Tighten up the defense, share the point guard duties, and play smart. We're deeper this year, Kid can give us 25-30mins, Prigioni should give us 20Mins, JR has proven that he can handle the point guard position for limited minutes. I think we should be ok. Good teams lose starters and continue to win.
    This.

The loss of Felton hurts, but it's really going to come back to our playing great defense again.

Our defense has really gone into the tank the last 10 games or so. If we can bring it back up to the high level defense we had in the first half of our win streak, we can hold the fort and the #1/2 seed.

Basic, basic stuff. Close on shooters. Put our hands up. Get back on transition. Box out. Rebound. And solid help rotation. Do all that and we'll be fine.

Otherwise, it could be a rough month and a half.

vCash
    We tightened up our defense. Bibby,JR and Shumpert (Davis I think was injured alot)were mainly playing the point.We did pretty well during that stretch until we reached the playoffs.

I agree with everything except the bolded?

When exactly did he prove this? His handle last yr and in the playoffs was horrid, to be polite.

I'm hoping this new JR can provide some PG duties without massive TO's.

By the way it was shump who got the call last yr for the last month and he did rather well because he didn't try to do to much in that area and let Melo do his thing.
    Last edited by still a fan; 12-28-2012 at 04:07 PM.

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Just to add to that:

When Shump went down then JR took over some of those duties, recall against Miami how that went?

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Nothing is in bold, should I be confused or Laugh out Loud???
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on shine on shine on them ******

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    lol, damn cursor.........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    Lol

vCash
    You don't have the new bold?

Its invisible

vCash

When exactly did he prove this? His handle last yr and in the playoffs was horrid, to be polite.

By the way it was shump who got the call last yr for the last month and he did rather well because he didn't try to do to much in that area and let Melo do his thing.
    JR was handling the ball mall than Shumpert was. I'm not saying he's the next John stockton but he proved that he can atleast do a decent job. He's basically going to bring the ball up spread it around, doesnt need to do to much.

I think we became so reliant on our offense especially the three, that we dont really play defense anymore. Maybe now we can try harder on defense and try to win in other ways. But this is defenetly a big blow.

vCash

Except were not playing the Heat and only the Heat. JR and Melo can give us 5-15 MPG depending on matchups during this stretch. We had a PG by committee approach that JR was definitely apart of, Shumpert never became the primary ball handler. It was a mix of JR/Shump/Melo when Baron/Bibby weren't playing. Even with Bibbs, you would see those guys initiate the offense.

The Heat perimeter D last year was Jordans Bulls-esque - ESPECIALLY on the perimeter. They even made Harden look like a complete scrub, he may have had a worse series than JR did.

I think JR can get a little out of control but I think you are hyperbolizing his lack of handles. He's shown to be very nifty with his dribble at times just like he's shown he can be out of control.

Either way, during the reg season were going to face our fair share of crappy teams that will give JR no trouble bringing the ball up, its not going to be Miami, than Miami again, than Miami again etc...

He might struggle some games thats when we play Kidd some more minutes, he might be fine some games and thats when we rest Kidd. We definitely don't need to drop someone or trade someone for a 4 week injury and than have 4 PG's on our roster and a hole elsewhere as a result.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 12-28-2012 at 07:19 PM.

vCash
    Melo was horrid last year

until he threw us on his back to close it out

I still have wiplash

im suing

in feltons healed hands i trust

vCash
    hey I think this year's JR will actually do a great job, he is actually a good passer and if he hits Chandler a few times he is going to get open looks, not such bad deal

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567