Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Will JR get voted into the Allstar game by coaches?

We all know that Wade will be the starting SG in the game but after that what? JR is having great impact on games in all ways plus he's on top 3 team in the conference which actually ways into the coaches vote. His main comp IMO is

Joe Johnson
    Demarr Derozen
    Monta Ellis

I kinda think it's his spot to lose at this point. I was going to put this into the main forum but the mindless hate would have been intense

Mike Woodson NYK

Record ... 72 - 34

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elledaddy View Post
    We all know that Wade will be the starting SG in the game but after that what? JR is having great impact on games in all ways plus he's on top 3 team in the conference which actually ways into the coaches vote. His main comp IMO is

Joe Johnson
    Demarr Derozen
    Monta Ellis

I kinda think it's his spot to lose at this point. I was going to put this into the main forum but the mindless hate would have been intense
    He wont make it. he's on a loosing team

Melo and Tyson are lock. Jr er..... i doubt it just because he's not coaches favorite. and most coaches out there wont feel comfortable seeing 3 knicks player in the allstar game. they dont love us that much

I Love My Team. I Love My City.
    We Are The KnicksTape.

vCash
    Paul George could push JR out too, if he's considered a guard

vCash
    The coaches might just go with extra point guards too.

If Rondo and Wade start, that leaves 3 or 4 out of the 7 bench spots for the following guards:

Paul George (16-7-4. Does everything for Indiana, great defense, and they're leading their division, so they should get one guy in. I would definitely take him over Hibbert who's shooting 40% this year...)

Kyrie (23-4-6. He missed a lot of time but he's that good to get in despite that)

Jrue Holiday (18-4-9. He's missed some time, but he's been "phenomenal" when he's out there).

JR (16-5-3 on the 2nd best team in the East)

DWill (17-3-8. Although he doesn't deserve it, coaches might just be lazy and vote in him based off legacy)

Joe Johnson (17-3-3. I can see him getting in for similar reasons to DWill, although he's been playing better of late)

Kyle Lowry (16-6-6. His team has been bad and he's missed a lot of time, but he deserves to at least be in the conversation imo)

BJ/Monta (BJ: 17-6, Monta: 19-5, both shooting right at 40%. The Bucks have been solid this year, they have an outside shot at getting one of them in)

I'd personally take Kyrie, Jrue Holiday, and Paul George as the first 3 guards (assuming Rondo and Wade start).

After that, I think JR can measure up to DWill, JJ, BJ, Monta if there is a 4th bench spot for guards. But I doubt it since there's a decent amount of good frontcourt players this year (Noah, Deng, Andy V, Bosh, Lopez, Hortford, Josh Smith).
    Last edited by nytunnelvision; 12-27-2012 at 12:19 PM.

vCash
    he's got a shooters chance..

vCash
    Not sure if he'll make it but he's becoming one of my favorite players to watch. He has a non stop motor and under Woodson is starting to use it on both ends of the floor. He plays with a lot of heart.
    IT'S SHOWTIME!!

vCash
    No but definitely 6th man of the year.

vCash
    well with Ray out and Kidd running point who is always pass first and shoot wide open three's and JR playing well, if it continues till the break yea.

It will take the way he's playing now till the break though.

But here's my warning as soon as he starts missing these shots posters will be right back at him again,

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    He wont make it simply because of his background.

vCash
    Don't think he'll make it but don't mind seeing him in a three pt contest or any knick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    No but definitely 6th man of the year.
    I think J Crawford has that locked up

vCash
    That would be awesome but doubt it happens

vCash

Not Possible IMO

Do you guys see how many guards the East has that have played better than JR.? The fact that he's a 6th man candidate is enough for me...

Wade
    Deron Williams
    Joe Johnson
    Drew Holiday
    Raymond Felton
    Rondo
    Monte Ellis
    Brandon Jennings
    DeRozan?

vCash
    Now that it's separated into backcourt & frontcourt I would say theres almost no shot. Too many pgs out there..

vCash
    Wade/Rondo will start

Deron/Irving will be back up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast