Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jose Calderon?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    your not a master baiter so dont worry about it lol

does calderon not always raise his level of play when there is another player competing for his starting role ? after ford was shipped out did calderon sustain his amazing game from when ford was injured ? when jack left did he sustain that play ? he has been consistently inconsistent.

what makes us think if we trade lowry, calderon sustains this level of play ? he never has before. he always comes back down to earth.

he is a different player this season and i apreciate his efforts but is it a coincidence that he is in a contract year ? his value has never been so high in 8 seasons so why not sell high on him now while we have the chance?
    i sincerely believe so, yes
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i sincerely believe so, yes
    i dont. jose is a smart dude. he knows he is playing for a contract, he also knows he is being watched around the league, and he is competing for his starting role which is something that has always motivated him.

with out these incentives i dont see him playing the same way. because he hasnt consistently done it in the past.

vCash
    jose's PG play has been as steady as can be expected of a guy who has had more than 70 different teammates in 7 years.
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 12-27-2012 at 08:01 PM.

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    jose's PG play has been as steady as can be expected of a guy who has had more than 70 different teammates in 7 years.
    jose is a great locker room guy, great character guy, i love that he is unselfish, im not straight knocking the guy.. but lately its like ppl forget the past 7 seasons and only focus on the last x amount of games. yes calderon is playing well currently but he will go back to mediocrity soon. we all know it i dont know why were pretending like he is steve nash now and he is going to remain this way. i dont ****ing think so.

steady ? ya he steadily plays one side of the ball and is basically a 10 and 7.5 guy over the last 4 seasons. maybe his steady is simply not good enough ? why are we soo scared to move on from a player who has been soo average all these years ? in fear of not being able to replace him ?

sounds like the b.c syndrome i had .. being scared to lose him and thinking we will down grade. the raptors suck balls there is no such thing as a down grade for us. we need to keep trying new things till something works or clicks and you taught me that.

i really think we need to let calderon go. let the guy go contend somewhere. im sure he is tired of spoon feeding the day care. we need players who can start creating for themselves and not be bailed out by one player who can create for them, were never going to win this way.

on the list of players that need to gtfo.. .bargs, fields, kleiza, and yes you guessed it even calderon. its time to move on. his value is high right now we can trade him for something before he leaves and we get nothing for him.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 12-27-2012 at 08:55 PM.

vCash
    ^ i don't believe he's Steve Nash but i've always believed he was under-appreciated. you can find more physically dominant players at his position but do they make the game easier for their teammates? some yes but the vast majority of them no.

vCash
    he's performing right at his career averages right now

vCash
    ^ i don't believe he's Steve Nash but i've always believed he was under-appreciated. you can find more physically dominant players at his position but do they make the game easier for their teammates? some yes but the vast majority of them no.
    again I'm not discrediting his good qualities... I like Jose but I think we need to cash in on him while his value is up. If we're ever going to trade Calderon now is the time

vCash
    You know what I think....all this Jose Calderon hype is perfect for us. His trade value is higher than it should be right now, and that's exactly what the Raptors organization needs. Maybe BC has an advanced marketing team behind all this or something lol....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vdot View Post
    You know what I think....all this Jose Calderon hype is perfect for us. His trade value is higher than it should be right now, and that's exactly what the Raptors organization needs. Maybe BC has an advanced marketing team behind all this or something lol....
    let's hope b.c doesn't fall for the hype himself lol

vCash
    I love Jose and actually would prefer him over Lowry (I prefer passing PGs) but he needs to be traded. Lowry fits our plan better and Calderon deserves to be on a contending team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    i dont. jose is a smart dude. he knows he is playing for a contract, he also knows he is being watched around the league, and he is competing for his starting role which is something that has always motivated him.

with out these incentives i dont see him playing the same way. because he hasnt consistently done it in the past.
    Contract might have something to do with it. But more important is that he had something to prove after being replaced by Lowry as the starter. You could see it in his play with Spain and you can see it now too. He's got a lot of pride. He'll play off the bench but he's also a leader that can't be held down. In fact that's what he uses to make up for a lot of his shortcomings in other areas of the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    I love Jose and actually would prefer him over Lowry (I prefer passing PGs) but he needs to be traded. Lowry fits our plan better and Calderon deserves to be on a contending team.
    I really don't see either as part of a successful future, but neither is particularly bad. They both have their problems as players.

I keep coming back to bramaca's point that perhaps if the PG position was de-emphasized and more attack and D came from elsewhere, a serviceable pg would be just fine for us. To do that though, we need to significantly upgrade one of the wing positions. I guess the importance of the PG position is to make up for the lack of available wing talent.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234