Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Gotta hate mods with the high and mighty attitude

vCash
    Gotta hate the use of common sense when running a franchise.

Lets bring up a long term project player that is still adjusting to the pace of the NBA level and showing consistently as well as a lack of dumb mistakes. Especially when the coach says that he's not ready to play in the NBA.

I guarantee a majority of the posters in this thread haven't watched the D-league this year, they haven't seen Melo play unimpressively for a majority of his time with Maine, and then they see two really good games and get hard for a player that has done nothing to prove that he can be a consistent player at a higher level.

Common sense =/= high and mighty.

I've said it, and I'll say it again: If he could help us right now, he'd be here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Yeah, better start him based on d-league stat lines.
    Last year, the team was awful when O'Neal started. We got slightly less awful when Stiemsma started.

Even though Stiemsma was raw and foul prone, the team played better because O'Neal was that bad. This is literally the same thing

I'm not basing this opinion on his D-league stats

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    I'd would like to know who told Doc and Ainge that Varnado was ready?
    Still don't know what to make of that signing.

Why use the last roster spot in this manner? Keep thinking there should be more to the story - is he trade filler?

I know that he's the last man on the bench but it is just a curious signing.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xk4 View Post
    Last year, the team was awful when O'Neal started. We got slightly less awful when Stiemsma started.

Even though Stiemsma was raw and foul prone, the team played better because O'Neal was that bad. This is literally the same thing

I'm not basing this opinion on his D-league stats
    It does appear Doc continues to make the same mistakes with lineups / rotational decisions. You are spot on with ^^^this perspective.
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    It does appear Doc continues to make the same mistakes with lineups / rotational decisions. You are spot on with ^^^this perspective.
    Not sure I'd put Greg Stiemsma and Melo on the same level - Melo has a lot more athletic ability but Steams was way more NBA ready. Dude had experience playing overseas and he exhibited flashes early - he blossomed with more PT but he did so bc he was a solid help defender and could shoot a consistent jumper.

This isn't 'literally the same thing'. Hell in a year or so, I hope Fab flourishes but he simply doesn't bring a damn thing to the table at this time. If he could, Doc would play him. Period.

REC:

TDs:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Before4 View Post
    Not sure I'd put Greg Stiemsma and Melo on the same level - Melo has a lot more athletic ability but Steams was way more NBA ready. Dude had experience playing overseas and he exhibited flashes early - he blossomed with more PT but he did so bc he was a solid help defender and could shoot a consistent jumper.

This isn't 'literally the same thing'. Hell in a year or so, I hope Fab flourishes but he simply doesn't bring a damn thing to the table at this time. If he could, Doc would play him. Period.
    Bingo.

vCash

Lets bring up a long term project player that is still adjusting to the pace of the NBA level and showing consistently as well as a lack of dumb mistakes. Especially when the coach says that he's not ready to play in the NBA.

I guarantee a majority of the posters in this thread haven't watched the D-league this year, they haven't seen Melo play unimpressively for a majority of his time with Maine, and then they see two really good games and get hard for a player that has done nothing to prove that he can be a consistent player at a higher level.

I've said it, and I'll say it again: If he could help us right now, he'd be here.
    ^ Agree 1000%- It's common sense, period.

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash

OK....

Celtics just recalled Melo! LOL....I am actually surprised they did it. I thougth he should have stayed in D league. Im thinking this is a quick thing and he will be back there soon.
    El Presidente

vCash
    Even common sense, once fed through the filter known as Corey, comes off as high and mighty. You have a way about you. A way of stating things with just enough combativeness and smarm to provoke anger in others while not, by the textbook definition, baiting. You tend to throw gasoline on fires instead of water, which is precisely the opposite of what a moderator is supposed to do. You pick fights, goad and bait, then delete everything and ban or suspend the user. I would cite examples, but as I said, you burn the evidence...

2013-2014 BOSTON CELTICS

RONDO / PRESSEY
    BRADLEY / BAYLESS / JOHNSON
    GREEN / WALLACE / BOGANS
    BASS / HUMPHRIES / FAVERANI
    SULLINGER / OLYNYK / ANTHONY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polish Post View Post
    Even common sense, once fed through the filter known as Corey, comes off as high and mighty. You have a way about you. A way of stating things with just enough combativeness and smarm to provoke anger in others while not, by the textbook definition, baiting. You tend to throw gasoline on fires instead of water, which is precisely the opposite of what a moderator is supposed to do. You pick fights, goad and bait, then delete everything and ban or suspend the user. I would cite examples, but as I said, you burn the evidence...
    And because he is a moderator you cannot put him on your ignore list either. I know. I tried.

vCash
    Has anyone cared to see Fab Melo's numbers before these 2 games?

We saw him in summer league, we saw him in preseason, he wasn't that great. Luke Harangody dominated our D-League, he averaged 20/13, and he didn't even turn out to be a rotational player in the nba. The D League is a complete joke next to the NBA, it's not nearly as good as the minors in baseball. Give Melo time.

LOL at posters being butthurt by Corey's attitude.

vCash
    -
    Last edited by MattyG; 02-22-2013 at 10:56 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyG View Post
    With all due respect to each and every poster here, why is this guy in the D-league to begin with?

He was a Junior or Senior out of Syracuse, right?
    He played 2 seasons at Syracuse, and only about 10 minutes a game his freshman year.

He only started playing basketball 4-5 years ago so he's still incredibly raw.

Worcester, MA but originally from Kingston Jamaica
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    Has anyone cared to see Fab Melo's numbers before these 2 games?

We saw him in summer league, we saw him in preseason, he wasn't that great. Luke Harangody dominated our D-League, he averaged 20/13, and he didn't even turn out to be a rotational player in the nba. The D League is a complete joke next to the NBA, it's not nearly as good as the minors in baseball. Give Melo time.

LOL at posters being butthurt by Corey's attitude.
    This!!!!

Alot of sensitive people on this site all of a sudden smh

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast