Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Let the rebuilding begin

I think the Celtics are done. The championship window is closed and the C's are entering the get playoffs and lose 1st or get lucky and lose in 2nd round kind of team. Right now if the season continues this way it might even be a lotto team. The best move to do is trade all value pieces/assets for picks and hit the restart. KG should not have been resigned. Pierce and Rondo should be traded. We need a young star to rebuild with. Rondo will not like having to rebuild so he must go. Rondo for Favors, Burks and Hayward. Paul Pierce for Derrick Williams, Pekovic and a 1st round pick. KG to Raptors for Kyle Lowry and Kleiza.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    I think the Celtics are done. The championship window is closed and the C's are entering the get playoffs and lose 1st or get lucky and lose in 2nd round kind of team. Right now if the season continues this way it might even be a lotto team. The best move to do is trade all value pieces/assets for picks and hit the restart. KG should not have been resigned. Pierce and Rondo should be traded. We need a young star to rebuild with. Rondo will not like having to rebuild so he must go. Rondo for Favors, Burks and Hayward. Paul Pierce for Derrick Williams, Pekovic and a 1st round pick. KG to Raptors for Kyle Lowry and Kleiza.
    Exactly none of those trades makes any kind of sense for any of the teams involved. Life isn't a video game. You can't just hit the reset button and start over. It's more gradual than that. It's also a business issue now with the Bruins not playing. Do you think ownership can afford to have a near empty building every night and non-existent TV ratings? Wake up. You may see minor trades with guys like Green or Lee or Bass, but come on. KG wants to retire a Celtic as does Paul Pierce. They are worth more to us than any other team, meaning to many other teams they are way overpaid. Why would these teams give up potential stars who are coming up for guys at the end of the line?

2013-2014 BOSTON CELTICS

RONDO / PRESSEY
    BRADLEY / BAYLESS / JOHNSON
    GREEN / WALLACE / BOGANS
    BASS / HUMPHRIES / FAVERANI
    SULLINGER / OLYNYK / ANTHONY

vCash

oh ye of little faith

Blow it up! Trade everyone! It's over.....

Give me a break with this talk. The C's have a great group of players, great coach and they will improve. Last year at this point they weren't playing so hot. Different type of struggle but still a struggle. Avery Bradley will have more of an impact on the defense then most think. Not that he'll do it all himself but when he sets the tone up front the whole team follows suit. He almost always forces the other team to burn a few extra seconds off the clock.

In addition Jeff Green and Wilcox are not yet 100%. Say what you want but taking a whole year off and having heart surgery takes more than 20 games to get back to 100%.

Danny Ainge has an extra spot and some solid trade chips. The C's will have one or two new faces after the All-star break.

Lastly, any team with Rondo, Pierce, Garnett and Terry as a core has a shot.

I'm looking forward to revisiting this post in a few months.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedavis33 View Post
    Blow it up! Trade everyone! It's over.....

Give me a break with this talk. The C's have a great group of players, great coach and they will improve. Last year at this point they weren't playing so hot. Different type of struggle but still a struggle. Avery Bradley will have more of an impact on the defense then most think. Not that he'll do it all himself but when he sets the tone up front the whole team follows suit. He almost always forces the other team to burn a few extra seconds off the clock.
    As negative as I've been, he was my second barometer after the first 20 games... I'll still be patient until he returns... He should improve the D and increase the speed the same way he did last season... Last season 20-8 record when he started regular season last yr... 6-4 record starting in playoffs last season...

Danny Ainge has an extra spot and some solid trade chips. The C's will have one or two new faces after the All-star break.
    What new faces would you like to see...?

I'd actually replace Bradley with Terry and add Terry as the main cog of the 2nd unit... Bradley can be that good... Points are not always everything... Bradley can be the glue to the C's defense...

I'm looking forward to revisiting this post in a few months.
    Hmmmm... Could be one of those... Be careful what you look forward to...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    Well this is new and interesting. Not even at the all-star break yet. Still plenty of time.

vCash
    considering kg has a no trade clause i highly doubt most of what the OP said happens. i also don't think rondo or pierce will go anywhere. if they cant trade kg pierce will re-sign and they'll both retire celtics

i will say this though...other than terry i'd be fine with trading everyone else.

i know people are high on green but i just don't care for the dude. he is extremely athletic but certainly not the guy who's gonna attempt to fill pierces' shoes. the problem with trading him is he's played like **** and his contract is monstrous. don't know why danny signed him for so much.

i also agree with someone else who said with pierce, terry, kg, and rondo you have an above average core right there. our biggest 2 problems are rebounding and lack of offense.

i hope we package some guys together to get a big. that will shift kg back to his natural spot and at least give us some rebounding. the other thing that has to happen is doc needs to restructure the offense. too many times guys are standing around and it's 1 on 1.

it was very evident tonight towards the end of the game the chemistry and trust isn't there cause it was basically pierce and garnett playing catch towards the end on some plays
    Last edited by 2shady4u; 12-21-2012 at 11:50 PM.

vCash
    Do you account for decline due to age? Injuries?

Vegas has them at 25 to 1. That's not a real shot. That Russian Roulette with 4x the chambers as usual.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    The Celtics are just a solid starting center away from making a deep playoff run in my opinion.
    PSN: Celtics1080 | Twitter: @BostonRoundball

vCash
    I don't think blowing it up is the right approach but I would like to see Terry relegated to 13th man duty, even before AB comes back. This guy doesn't play an ounce of defense and can't throw the ball in the ocean right now. His atrocious shooting lost a few games for us already, what else can he do if he can't score? I have definitely seen enough of him. What kind of deal did he sign this year, any chance he could be a throw in for a trade to make some numbers match up?

As far as Ainge goes, I think this was by far his worst off season. None of the new guys have contributed anything except Sullinger. Anyone who got paid this off season with new deals should be donating their salaries to charity, and that includes you KG!! This team has gotten so soft, don't play with any desire and all they care about is making their money. This is not Cletics pride or basketball, they all need a swift kick in the *** or heads will start to roll.

Sorry, had to vent but last night's loss to the Bucks was enough for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikes_Fan_TC View Post
    I don't think blowing it up is the right approach but I would like to see Terry relegated to 13th man duty, even before AB comes back. This guy doesn't play an ounce of defense and can't throw the ball in the ocean right now. His atrocious shooting lost a few games for us already, what else can he do if he can't score? I have definitely seen enough of him. What kind of deal did he sign this year, any chance he could be a throw in for a trade to make some numbers match up?
    Jason Terry is a very good NBA player who is having a very sub-par year up to this point... He's been frustrating to watch, but the moment he signed in the off-season I bet there wasn't 1 C's fan who wasn't happy...

This may not be a good fit for him... He is used to an uptempo style of offense where he gets 13-15 shots per game... He's getting the minutes but his fga's are down below 10... Doc's offense is a slow down controlled pace half court offense...

I'm starting to believe that the Lee trade and Barbosa signing is all we needed to go along with Rondo and Bradley for the back-court... If Terry can be moved for something valuable in return I hope DA is on it...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtics33 View Post
    The Celtics are just a solid starting center away from making a deep playoff run in my opinion.
    totally agree here, the celtics are really crazy deep in some areas, just not with their bigs. once bradley is back guys like lee, barbosa are really unnecessary except as occasional minute eaters. Package involving one or both of these guys with bass or green in return for a half decent center and we get the one thing were missing and lose very little value to us.
    i love bass but i think allowing KG to start at the 4 and giving sully some more bench minutes could only help now and in the future.

Another approach that could lead to even a larger return would be to have lee and barbose essentially take terry's role off the bench once bradley returns and try try to flip terry with either green or bass for a center. Obviously only do this if terry would bring significantly more value than the other two would, but regardless something needs to be done about having 5 minute worthy guards and 0 legitimate centers (KG isnt a center in my eyes)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    Jason Terry is a very good NBA player who is having a very sub-par year up to this point...
    He's also aging and couldn't play D last night to save his life. Until last night I thought Lee was the guy that should go. Barbosa is a fine 4th guard behind a 3 man rotation. We'd be fine if he was part of a deal for a big.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash

Let the rebuilding begin

I think trading terry may be the way to go, he packaged with bass will bring a bigger return strictly on his name then lee would and lee is younger and still has room to grow.. I also think lee and Barbosa would hold up just fine splitting Terry's minute and not to mention Bradley will be taking the majority of those back once he returns

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    He's also aging and couldn't play D last night to save his life. Until last night I thought Lee was the guy that should go. Barbosa is a fine 4th guard behind a 3 man rotation. We'd be fine if he was part of a deal for a big.
    I felt that way a week ago until they had played the Texas trio... I started to favor Lee because of the reserve role he'll play when AB returns... I have no idea how Doc is gonna keep Terry fresh when AB returns... Even Rondo is hyping up the difference when AB returns...

Totally agree with the Barbosa line... He knows his role and will contribute whether he gets 5min or 15min...

Reggie Lewis

vCash
    i feel like we're living a repeat of last year...anyone remember how hard it was to score when the bench came in? we need offensive production off the bench. lee HASN'T BEEN that guy. he's dead weight guys. should have never signed him

if anyone thinks lee makes our squad better than terry i think we have 2 differing opinions on basketball

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast