Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Busta View Post
    JR is extremely streaky. He's fine in this role. He had a great 11 for 27 game vs one of the worst teams in the NBA. Please stop being a prisoner of the moment. He's had a great stretch, that was coming off of a terrible stretch. If he keeps up his solid play, maybe. For now, when Ray gets his hands healthy, he's still a more important and consistent player.

That said, I wouldn't mind Ray coming off the bench. I think that makes the bench stronger, as he does things consistently well. He can really change the pace off the bench, and probably have more consistent production than JR, and make the 2nd squad work better as a team.

If JR could stop taking bad fouls on defense, stop looking for any one on one dribbling step backs, unless maybe the shot clock is running out, and just focus on defending, setting guys up, and hitting wide open 3s...then he could be a solid starter next to Melo. He's capable of that, Melo really is capable of keeping him in check when they play together, always has been able to even in Denver.

But just look at his offense, he doesn't take good shots. It's lucky those things go in, and they can't be relied on.
    To J.R's credit who is going to take the shot with that second unit, Pablo, Copeland, Camby, Thomas, Brewer, Come on.........he bails that unit out on offense all the time. Only guy on the court that create his own shot and make it a decent percentage.
    IT'S SHOWTIME!!

vCash
    Does anyone remember the 5 or 6 games before the current tear he's been on? I think JR is finally at that point that he is an incredible weapon when he is on, but when he's off he isn't hurting the team. His passing, rebounding and defense have all improved. The thing with JR is that you never want to have to depend on him. I think he fits his current role like a tailor made suit
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

So Tired of Melo Ball

vCash
    With Novak struggling we need Smith off the bench..

vCash
    I think after reading some articles today, if woody truly is going to try JR at the point during games then he will come off the bench.

I'm not sure how this is going to pan out, but I'd like to see how he does starting.

And yes Novak is not doing well off the bench, but we do have (C)Hope and Amare is returning so that allows JR to start.

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Didn't want to create a thread. Smith excerpts from his Kay interview. Decent read, Smith is always good for some spoken-from-the-heart quotes and not your typical PR BS.

On Thursday, J.R. Smith appeared on ESPN New York 98.7 FM's "The Michael Kay Show," and started off reflecting on his game-winning shot against the Suns.

With one second remaining, Smith ran off a Tyson Chandler screen and, as he sprinted to the left baseline corner, he received a perfect bounce pass from Jason Kidd, right to Smith's shooting hand.

"(The pass) was coming from the best point guard of all time," Smith said. "Jason Kidd is an unbelievable passer. He just threw a great bounce pass, and I was able to turn around and get my shoulders squared to the basket and shoot the ball. Tyson set an unbelievable screen and I was fortunate enough to catch the ball and get it off."

The pass and shot put the finishing touches on a special night for Kidd and Smith. Kidd posted 23 points, eight assists and six rebounds, and Smith had 27 points, six rebounds, five assists and five steals off the bench.

Here are some other key nuggets from Smith's conversation:

Kidd's mindset: "I think his motivation is to win. He's such a competitor right out of the gate, and he doesn't need to prove anything to anybody. And I think that's the best thing about him. He's not out there trying to do too much or do too little; he just plays his game and tries to do exactly what we need. And I think that's the best thing about him."

Carmelo Anthony: "He's definitely, without a doubt, in my opinion and our team's opinion, the MVP.

Amar'e Stoudemire's return: "To see STAT out there, it's going to be huge. He's already an automatic threat when he's out there, so just to see how he fits in and how he reacts to everything, it's going to be great. I think he's going to welcome his role, whatever it is, with open arms, and he's going to be very successful."

The biggest concern: "I think the only thing that really concerns me is when we get back to full strength, and we'll be so scary, is how deep we're going to be as a team and how we're going to play together and jell together. We have all the pieces to the puzzle; it's just a matter of putting them together. I think Coach Woodson has been doing a great job with that, and I think he's going to continue doing that."

Christmas on the road: "It's extremely difficult. I mean, a lot of guys have some family in L.A. and they're fortunate to bring their families to wherever they're at. But it's all right because we're still a team and it's like we're all brothers. As long as we have the new technology -- the Skypes and iPads -- it makes it worth it."

Presents: "I got a great gift. Actually, Tyson Chandler got me like this wi-fi hard drive, so I have over 300 movies and pretty much every HBO episode and TV series, so I can watch it on my iPad and stuff. We kind of had like a Secret Santa thing, so I got my man Pablo (Prigioni) some Louis Vuitton shoes, which he was very appreciative of."
    I highlighted a lot of the Kidd stuff because it seems he and JR are starting to look real good together, and they have both played very well off each other when Melo has been out. Thats part of the reason I want JR starting next to him for the time being.

That last part is just awesome, this team has so much camaraderie. And Pablo with Louis Vuitton shoes
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Also and I just posted this in the game thread, Dirk came off the bench so Amare should have no problem and JR should start.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Also and I just posted this in the game thread, Dirk came off the bench so Amare should have no problem and JR should start.
    But in our situation it's viewed to be permanent.

Dirk isn't gonna be coming off the bench for long, he'll be starting soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagged QT View Post
    But in our situation it's viewed to be permanent.

Dirk isn't gonna be coming off the bench for long, he'll be starting soon.
    woody never said that? fans don't decide who starts and who plays

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    woody never said that? fans don't decide who starts and who plays
    ? When did I say he did? We just know that Woodson isn't really answering the question at all.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2010 or Bust View Post
    To J.R's credit who is going to take the shot with that second unit, Pablo, Copeland, Camby, Thomas, Brewer, Come on.........he bails that unit out on offense all the time. Only guy on the court that create his own shot and make it a decent percentage.
    No. Absolutely. But bad shots have been a part of JRs game since he's been in the league. This year is by far his best in that department. I'm just saying he'd need to change his game to play with the starters.

Maybe the thing I worry about the most are the stupid fouls, big improvement over what I used to worry about with him. Close 2nd being the stupid turnovers by over dribbling, his handles are not that secure

vCash
    JR will be a beast either way. But with everyone healthy he is the perfect 6th man. Also I have a feeling the Kidd will play well enough that Felton will come off the bench assuming Shump is back.

Kidd/Shump/Melo/Amar'e/Chandler
    Felton/Smith/Novak/Sheed/Camby
    Prigioni/White/Brewer/Copeland/Thomas

The bottom 5 are all very capable players, ready to step in for injury or whatever reason.

vCash
    Felton Smith Brewer Amare Wallace/Camby

Quote Originally Posted by NYK_kidd77 View Post
    Lol how can you guys hate the knicks thats like going to the special olympics and booing.

vCash
    No way. we're 21-8 and JR has been a huge lift off the bench. Possible 6th man of the yr this season so far.

And imagine when our second unit has Amar'e and JR in it

Who else can compete with that bench?

vCash
    When need that fire power off the bench,J.R is perfect for it given the makeup of our team.Side bar that grab bag idea shows real team chemistry, Pablo with The LV awesome.I love being a Knicks fan.This team Will Do great things, We Finally Have A complete Team And Coach And Great Direction From The Front Office.
    :clap:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234