Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 60
  1. #16
    Anji's Avatar
    Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    OrangeCounty NY
    Posts
    8,874
    vCash
    1500
    I would start JR when Amare got back. The guy is the teams best or second best all around player behind Melo.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........


    Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on shine on shine on them ******

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,679
    vCash
    1500
    re you outa your mind????? we just played a team who has a history of come back wins....and,,,,...and!!!!! we were battling in a 97 97 one second on the clock game ...
    and we were missing 43 points from injured players and from that win you translated that into changing what has worked for a 21-8 team ...????
    ....if it aint broke dont fix it.... and if you ask me ...Copeland had his finger print all over this win too you want him to start also?? without Copeland it wouldn't even be a win ...
    he did what he was supposed to do that was step up when a man is down...i give him more props ( not for the win ) but for making sure he did what James white just couldn't and can never do....and that was step up when hes needed.


    sorry double post by mistake....

  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    36,552
    vCash
    1500
    Kidd, JR, Melo, Sheed and Chandler

    Let me explain:

    Kidd has too, no Felton
    JR because Iman will be back and like Amare you can't just throw him out there and Iman is your guy off the bench now.
    Melo, no brainer
    Sheed, with Camby playing now Sheed does't have to back up chandler, he plays defense and opens the court for Melo and JR and Kidd.
    Chandler- no brainer

    So now stop the pick and roll, I dare you , who you going to leave open?

    defense? Its solid all around with two bigs.

    Rebounding- minus Camby could be our best lineup for this.


    Bench:

    amare- instant offense
    Camby- instant defense and rebounding
    Pablo- Pick and roll with Amare
    Cope- can hit the open shot, gives us lots of height in the second unit
    Iman- defense to help out Pable, and hopefully can still slash, can also help Pablo in the backcourt.


    Can't wait.



    Now I can't fly my airplane

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,668
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Kidd, JR, Melo, Sheed and Chandler

    Let me explain:

    Kidd has too, no Felton
    JR because Iman will be back and like Amare you can't just throw him out there and Iman is your guy off the bench now.
    Melo, no brainer
    Sheed, with Camby playing now Sheed does't have to back up chandler, he plays defense and opens the court for Melo and JR and Kidd.
    Chandler- no brainer

    So now stop the pick and roll, I dare you , who you going to leave open?

    defense? Its solid all around with two bigs.

    Rebounding- minus Camby could be our best lineup for this.


    Bench:

    amare- instant offense
    Camby- instant defense and rebounding
    Pablo- Pick and roll with Amare
    Cope- can hit the open shot, gives us lots of height in the second unit
    Iman- defense to help out Pable, and hopefully can still slash, can also help Pablo in the backcourt.


    Can't wait.

    Seems like Woodson is set in stone with not starting Smith. Maybe that changes when Amare and Iman come back.

  5. #20
    Anji's Avatar
    Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    OrangeCounty NY
    Posts
    8,874
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah, never seen double post happen 10 minutes a part.

    Smith shouldn't start because of one game, he should start because of his body of work. He brings defense, rebounding and passing every night this year. He's been playing like a starter all year.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........


    Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on shine on shine on them ******

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,176
    vCash
    1500
    No.
    Why? Because he played well OFF The bench tonight. That's a reason to keep him there.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,176
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Kidd, JR, Melo, Sheed and Chandler

    Let me explain:

    Kidd has too, no Felton
    JR because Iman will be back and like Amare you can't just throw him out there and Iman is your guy off the bench now.
    Melo, no brainer
    Sheed, with Camby playing now Sheed does't have to back up chandler, he plays defense and opens the court for Melo and JR and Kidd.
    Chandler- no brainer

    So now stop the pick and roll, I dare you , who you going to leave open?

    defense? Its solid all around with two bigs.

    Rebounding- minus Camby could be our best lineup for this.


    Bench:

    amare- instant offense
    Camby- instant defense and rebounding
    Pablo- Pick and roll with Amare
    Cope- can hit the open shot, gives us lots of height in the second unit
    Iman- defense to help out Pable, and hopefully can still slash, can also help Pablo in the backcourt.


    Can't wait.
    Does Felton and Brewer get cut out of rotation in your scenario?

    Shump should start over JR because JR is the better scorer and Shump is the better defender. Also, JR and Amare is a better 1-2 punch off the bench than Shump/Amare, because of JR's shooting and ability to run the PnR better than Shump. Iman won't even be ready to start til near the AS break.
    Last edited by TheNumber37; 12-27-2012 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Forgot Brewer!

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Posts
    9,952
    vCash
    1500
    No.....keep JR on the bench.....JR is a great energy guy off the bench that has the ability to close the game.

    NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,034
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by XtraPoint View Post
    He has been insane this year. Felton is finally showing his true colors, and should be coming off the bench. Anybody else agree?
    Felton is hurt? What do u mean true colors? I like to see you try shooting with a sprained liagment in your shooting arm.

    And JR Smith is perfect in his role. As 6th man he has absolute freedom to be JR Smith.

    #KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    730
    vCash
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by THE MTL View Post
    Felton is hurt? What do u mean true colors? I like to see you try shooting with a sprained liagment in your shooting arm.

    And JR Smith is perfect in his role. As 6th man he has absolute freedom to be JR Smith.
    It doesn't hurt him enough for him not to shoot it 20-25 times a game.
    Twitter: SteveMcG87

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,034
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by XtraPoint View Post
    It doesn't hurt him enough for him not to shoot it 20-25 times a game.
    I want you to look at the lineups and the games that Felton shoots +20 times. You'll most likely see him in lineups w/o JR Smith and also with Melo out. So who else is there to shoot?

    #KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,679
    vCash
    1500
    [QUOTE=Anji;24872668][COLOR="Blue"]Yeah, never seen double post happen 10 minutes a part.




    ummmmmm ...yea..it does when your using a cellphone and it doesn't show the first post.....hope that cures your curiosity ........

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,658
    vCash
    1500
    NO reason to remove Felton from starting lineup. Dude is playing hurt and we've been undermanned so he had to take more shots all season long to keep teams honest. A lot of his misses are cleanup dunks for Chandler... Yes he does shoot some occasional head scratching jumpshots but reality is those shots will be going to Amare and Shumpert when they return.

    JR Smith is perfect as the 6th man and it should remain that way throughout the year. We have arguably one of the top 5 best 6th man in the league. You don't change that.

    Overall, I believe in this team from top to bottom. I am willing to spend up to $700 for a seat at a game in the next few weeks. Hopefully that'll get me pretty close at MSG
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

    "Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    16,032
    vCash
    1500
    JR is impressing me, he's really maturing, bad shots are down, he's attacking the rim much more, getting to the FT line, passing, rebounding, defending.

    I wish he'd layoff the "tough guy" antics though, he's not impressing anyone.

    STILLA's lineup is interesting.

    Want to know whats crazy? People praise BK's backcourt so much, but JR is the best SG in NY right now, numbers don't lie. He's producing more than JJ all around in significantly less playing time.

    See people call me a Felton hater, but as hard as I've been on JR & Felton, its just because I love the Knicks, and I am more than happy to see JR playing well.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    23,726
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    JR is impressing me, he's really maturing, bad shots are down, he's attacking the rim much more, getting to the FT line, passing, rebounding, defending.

    I wish he'd layoff the "tough guy" antics though, he's not impressing anyone.

    STILLA's lineup is interesting.

    Want to know whats crazy? People praise BK's backcourt so much, but JR is the best SG in NY right now, numbers don't lie. He's producing more than JJ all around in significantly less playing time.

    See people call me a Felton hater, but as hard as I've been on JR & Felton, its just because I love the Knicks, and I am more than happy to see JR playing well.
    What are the tough guy antics? He plays hard and guys constantly go at him trying to get in his head, rough him up and frustrate him. I don't mind at all when he gives them back a lil taste of their own medicine after drilling a shot in their grill piece.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

    "This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •