Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    What are the tough guy antics? He plays hard and guys constantly go at him trying to get in his head, rough him up and frustrate him. I don't mind at all when he gives them back a lil taste of their own medicine after drilling a shot in their grill piece.
    Just off the top of my head, the game against MIN where he slapped the ball out of Rubio's hands and then grilled him...

No need for that... could have gotten a tech and been ejected.

Plus he gives some rather dirty fouls.

vCash
    It's never been more clear that he is the ideal 6th man. No reason for him and Melo to fight over shots early in the game
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

So Tired of Melo Ball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Just off the top of my head, the game against MIN where he slapped the ball out of Rubio's hands and then grilled him...

That was a moronic play. Even last night after he nailed the jumper against Telfair he gave him a nice stare down that could've been easily called a technical.

He's really toned down a lot of his antics especially since coming to New York (and especially under Woodson.) But every so often he'll still do the dumb non-basketball play out there that has you scratching your head.

I don't think he causes too many dirty fouls. I think because he's playing at 100 miles an hour out their sometimes, he can get a bit reckless and cause some unfortunate things to happen like when he sideswiped Dragic before the half.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post

The Rubio thing was dumb, no doubt, he plays with a lot of emotion out there but I really don't think he is a bad guy or dirty player. I think the fouls that are deemed dirty are good hard fouls where he's not trying to give up a 3 point play ala Novak. Look at some of the fouls dudes put on him. There has been 3-4 times this year he should have retaliated after fouls and held himself back.

vCash
    He should definitely stay coming off the bench. Him starting isn't really that big of a deal anymore because he comes into every game now around the 8 minute mark.

Earlier in the season he was coming in with about 4 or 5 minutes left in the 1st. Now he comes in even earlier and he sees over 33 minutes every game. It doesn't matter anymore because he sees HEAVY starter minutes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    The Rubio thing was dumb, no doubt, he plays with a lot of emotion out there but I really don't think he is a bad guy or dirty player. I think the fouls that are deemed dirty are good hard fouls where he's not trying to give up a 3 point play ala Novak. Look at some of the fouls dudes put on him. There has been 3-4 times this year he should have retaliated after fouls and held himself back.
    Doube post*

vCash
    There's ZERO benefit to him starting. If we starts, we lose that one guy who can create his own shot off the bench. There's tremendous value in that. Also he is a inconsistent player. Better to start a consistent player and keep JR on the bench as the wild card to turn the tide of the game in our favor.
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    SMH @ this tough garbage. Jr isn't getting T' ed up getting the ball from Rubio after he turns it over or staring 18 feet from the basket at god knows what.

And How is JR an inconsistent player this year??? He rebounds, defends and get's assists every single game. He has been the most Consistent player behind Melo, TC and maybe Kidd.

When Amare comes back, I think the Knicks would look great with Melo and Jr as the offensive focus to start games.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on shine on shine on them ******

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    SMH @ this tough garbage. Jr isn't getting T' ed up getting the ball from Rubio after he turns it over or staring 18 feet from the basket at god knows what.

And How is JR an inconsistent player this year??? He rebounds, defends and get's assists every single game. He has been the most Consistent player behind Melo, TC and maybe Kidd.

When Amare comes back, I think the Knicks would look great with Melo and Jr as the offensive focus to start games.
    Yeah it is going to be really interesting how Woodson works this out with Felton being hurt and Amare coming back.

Without a penetrating PG on the court..I would almost think that JR is going to have to be on the court at the beginning or very very early in the game(which he is kind of already doing). JR is at this moment our best penetrating player on the team. and he is definitely a different player than he was last year(really matured as a player).

I have really lost confidence in Brewer and don't really want to see him on the court at the start of the game anymore. Thank god we have the depth we do(Shump can't get back soon enough..even if he pulls a Thomas and plays 13-15 minutes to start).

Til Felton comes back I would not mind seeing a :

Kidd,JR,Melo,Sheed(Thomas),Chandler Lineup to start...still have Amare as huge scoring pop off bench

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post

He's inconsistent in the sense of he's a streaky offensive player. Highly risky to play him as a starter expecting consistently the same output game in and game out. And yes not every player is consistent in that regard BUT as a bench player it's much easier to yank him when he doesn't "got it" that night.
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

vCash
    Glad to see no one agreed with the OP.
    you have to be trusted by the people that you lie to -pink floyd

1/23/14: This "team" is irreparably damaged

My Solution: Shut the team down until ALL current contracts expire. If players / coaches / execs can find jobs elsewhere - let them go get new contracts and cut ties completely.

Wait ~5years and relaunch as an expansion team.

Bring back 2 people -- no more, no less. 1: Walt Frazier 2: Herb Williams [Honorable Mention: Mike Breen]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by youngstuna28 View Post
    where's melo?

Lets be real, amare should be starting now imo, and i want melo to go back to the 3. I don't like him getting into foul trouble and playing down low against bigs he can't handle.

Felton and jr will provide punch off the bench. Amare can be subbed out early in the 1st and come back in the 2nd when melo is sitting.
    this! I've been saying this all along
    "Teamwork makes the Dream work"

vCash
    Jr is fine

#TapeTwoOne....Oh Gawd

vCash
    JR is extremely streaky. He's fine in this role. He had a great 11 for 27 game vs one of the worst teams in the NBA. Please stop being a prisoner of the moment. He's had a great stretch, that was coming off of a terrible stretch. If he keeps up his solid play, maybe. For now, when Ray gets his hands healthy, he's still a more important and consistent player.

That said, I wouldn't mind Ray coming off the bench. I think that makes the bench stronger, as he does things consistently well. He can really change the pace off the bench, and probably have more consistent production than JR, and make the 2nd squad work better as a team.

If JR could stop taking bad fouls on defense, stop looking for any one on one dribbling step backs, unless maybe the shot clock is running out, and just focus on defending, setting guys up, and hitting wide open 3s...then he could be a solid starter next to Melo. He's capable of that, Melo really is capable of keeping him in check when they play together, always has been able to even in Denver.

But just look at his offense, he doesn't take good shots. It's lucky those things go in, and they can't be relied on.
    Last edited by Busta; 12-27-2012 at 01:51 PM.

vCash
    Chemistry is something that can't be just thrown together. The first unit as is has chemistry that works and has worked, it's proven. J.R is fine exactly in the spot he's in, 6th man and have him play at the ends of games. Don't mess with what works.

On another note I would just like to say that J.R is a starter in my book. He plays starter minutes and is a starting caliber player but we need his scoring punch off the bench for this team. He has turned out to be one of my favorite players to watch this season and it's been nice to see the hustle that he bring on the court on both ends. Keep up the good work J.R.
    IT'S SHOWTIME!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast