Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Top Chef Season 10

I know some of you guys watch this, what do you think of the season so far?

vCash
    some really good chefs this season (stefan, kristen, john when he's not being a dick), but josie may be one of the most annoying contestants this show has ever had. every year, they have one super douchey chef, and every year they intentionally keep that person around until late in the game to stir up drama and drive ratings. my biggest complaint with this show is that they (understandably) go for the drama angle rather than the cooking angle. i just want to see great chefs cook great dishes!
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    I like that they brought back some contestants from past seasons. It was a nice twist to keep the show fresh. Stefan was a good choice but could have done a lot better than CJ and Josie

vCash
    I thought CJ was a solid choice but I agree with BWJ, Josie is so ****ing annoying so of course she'll be around for a while.

vCash
    it's funny that guys like marcel and spike (neither of whom won their seasons of TC) have blown up so much in the culinary world that they competed on next iron chef with well-established chefs like freitag, faulkner, et-al.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    John, as much of an ******* as he is, was probably a top 3 chef this season.

Reminds me of Stefan losing in his season.

vCash
    Happy that John got eliminated. He was breaking down, and not making food anything close to what he started cooking in earlier episodes.

I'm rooting for James & Sheldon, but that Asian girl is no joke. Wouldn't be surprised if she sneaks into the Finale.

vCash
    Can't sneak into the finale if she damn near wins every challenge, Asain chick is the real deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash
    I like Sheldon, he reminds me of Paul from last year. I think he'll go far.

vCash
    shelden is the most likeable, stefan is probably the most accomplished and technically sound one left, but the asian chick (kristina?) is just killing it right now. she's hands-down the best chef this season based on actual body of work.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    I think Stefan and Kristen are in it for the long haul. Kristen reminds me of Paul last year. They don't always feature prominently in storylines, but keep winning Quickfires and Challenges. Unless she makes a huge slip up, I see her winning it at this point.

And agreed on all of the Josie hate. Her laugh is grating.

vCash
    it couldn't be more obvious at this point that they're intentionally keeping josie around to stir up drama. she should've been kicked off 2-3 times already.

dry and under-seasoned pork is WAY worse than a pu pu platter of sashimi... just like spoiled scallops is WAY worse than undercooked risotto (i still can't believe john got kicked off over lizzie last week...)
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Micah's concept was really awful though, he deserved to get the boot just as much as Josie. Once they weed out her, mustache guy (his food looks really, really boring), and South African lady it's a fairly strong/interesting top 4, hope none of them **** up before the finale.
    Last edited by 2009mvp; 01-14-2013 at 06:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    Micah's concept was really awful though, he deserved to get the boot just as much as Josie. Once they weed out her, mustache guy (his food looks really, really boring), and South African lady it's a fairly strong/interesting top 4, hope none of them **** up before the finale.
    as bad as his concept was, i completely disagree that a crappy concept is on par with crappy flavors and execution... something josie has made a living doing all season long.

after this week's episode where josie once again skated by a superior chef because the producers want to drum up the drama rather than highlight great cooking, i am done with this season. i simply refuse to watch this BS anymore.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    ^^Micah's flavours/execution looked like they sucked too though. I think you could make the case that his combination of awful concept+poor food (in a challenge that was largely about coming up with a good concept) was worse than Josie's solid concept+crappy food. I woulda sent her home for cooking the **** out of her pork too, but I think they still made a reasonable decision that time. Yesterday's episode was brutal though, probably the worst elimination I think I've ever seen on this show. Everything up to Padma doing that bull**** little twist while announcing who was out annoyed the hell out of me. You can't be calling a show top chef and then send home the person who was steamrolling the competition for a dish that the worst chef in the competition was responsible for. She's done nothing to deserve being in the top 6, this legit ruined the season for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast