Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

25 71.43%
  • No

10 28.57%
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Can The 49ers Win The Super Bowl Next Year

Can They Finally Win It next year if then can somehow finish with a better record than Seattle?

The Niners could have won it the last three years.

Return guy fumbles everything away (NFC title game)
    A bad non call (SB)
    One play away (NFC title game)

They've been right there. I don't see anything dramatic happening to change that. They have been the one constant, look at the Giants and Baltimore now.

Seattle4Ever Guest
    Sure

There's a bunch of teams that could win it.

I don't know why not

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    Sure

There's a bunch of teams that could win it.
    A bunch?

I dont think you will find anyone who knows anything about football who would have them outside of the top 3 teams going into next year.
    THE BAY IS BACK

I think they have one of the better chances of doing it, its all about the development of Kaep, also the injuries have to be at a minimum towards the end of the season. And a successful draft wont hurt.
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

I sure think they can. If they can get past Seattle. They have to have home field advantage to do it. If they dont win the division I dont see them winning in Seattle. Injuries will play a huge roll. Who can stay healthy through out the season.

Me and my Boys.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

Absolutely.
    Go Knicks!

All time

Sure.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

they are definetly on the short list of teams that could win it
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals 21) Reds

I think the only team I'm comfortable saying is better than SF is Seattle.

SF is one fantastic Richard Sherman play away from being in the Superbowl.

Maybe next year the NFCCG goes through SF instead of Seattle. SF IMO is closer to Seattle than the they are to the third best team in the league.
    Go Knicks!

All time

They're most definitely a title contender. Home-field wouldn't hurt but they can win on the road.

Home to the Greatest Fans in College Football

Quote Originally Posted by CCRider View Post
    The Niners could have won it the last three years.

Return guy fumbles everything away (NFC title game)
    A bad non call (SB)
    One play away (NFC title game)

They've been right there. I don't see anything dramatic happening to change that. They have been the one constant, look at the Giants and Baltimore now.
    O whah whah whah. They had 4 shots down there to score and didn't. The non-call (which was the right call by the way) is not why they lost that game. They got beat, simple as that. Maybe they would have won if you didn't dig their hole so deep in the first half. The 49ers lost because Baltimore was better that day, plain and simple

The non-call was correct. Smith was playing the ball, it was inside 5 yards and Crabtree initiated the contact and was trying to push off. Given that they were letting them play most of the game, not calling that was absolutely the correct call. they ran a play trying to draw a flag in case the didn't get the catch, and the refs rightly did not reward them for it
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals 21) Reds

Only problem for SEA and SF is they are in the same division. One of them will have to win 3 road games to get to the SB. If Lambeau Field and New Orleans are two of those games, that's a tough road to slog, then factor in a trip to SF or SEA. SF easily could have lost in the wild card to Green Bay.

SF clearly has a problem winning in Seattle, they HAVE to find a way to win the NFC West. Maybe their second place schedule can get them an extra win over Seattle to take the division.

SEA appears to be unbeatable at home (fail mary aside), though they somehow dropped that game to Arizona which seems like a fluky statistical aberration. Not 100% sold they can win 3 straight on the road against playoff caliber teams, but they certainly can do it. They play SF tough on the road, but come up just short...

It'll be interesting to see what happens if the roles are reversed next year.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast