Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Monday

vCash

Black Monday

As we all know, next Monday is called Black Monday because that is when most coaches/personnel in the NFL are fired.

Do you think Knapp will be gone? DA? Which Raiders are safe?

Granted there's not a whole lot of options out there, who would YOU pick up if you were the owner of the Raiders?
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    DA stays, tarver stays, knapp is gone and ill bet my psd life on that(not saying he's gone right on monday, but he will be fired). players dont start getting cut until after the superbowl. But if the raiders flip out and fire DA(which they shouldn't) ill bring in Bruce Arians and let him get his own QB. Dysert/glennon/nassib/cousins

vCash
    I think Allen stays, and I think even Tarver stays due to how bad his players on D are, and Knapp is probably gone, but again I wouldn't be surprised if he stays because in all honesty, the players are mostly responsible due to them not executing on offense.

vCash
    The board covers all these questions, do we really need to be so repetitive? Maybe everyone can just copy & paste their thoughts from the other active threads ?

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=791650

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=788201

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...=790280&page=3
    Last edited by the_firm_09; 12-29-2012 at 05:17 AM.

Reggie got played in a New York Minute

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    The entire board covers all these questions, do we really need to be so repetitive? Maybe everyone can just copy & paste their thoughts from the other active threads ?

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=791650

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=788201

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...=790280&page=3
    because if Knapp gets fired we shouldnt put a thread in all CAPS about it. we should just put it under the Knapp thread already right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    because if Knapp gets fired we shouldnt put a thread in all CAPS about it. we should just put it under the Knapp thread already right?
    When that happens have at it, all those active threads have everyones speculations about Allen, Mckenzie and Knapp over and over and over.

Stop repeating yourselves for god sakes.

vCash
    Firm those are rumor threads. I'm asking for what people would do if they were Mark Davis.

Please do try to keep up next time.
    Don't like me?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    Firm those are rumor threads. I'm asking for what people would do if they were Mark Davis.

Please do try to keep up next time.
    Widow that minor twist is gonna get you the same exact responses, maybe someone should teach you to set up a poll.

However for the record I will entertain you:

Mark Davis made a bad hire from day 1, then continuous bad hires were to follow. This regression has gotten far out of hand, Mark Davis will run both McKenzie and Allen out of the by the end of 2013 without positive results, this is a good reason why Carson Palmer is history, he has a track record of getting everyone around him fired.

The team needs to be completely gutted, otherwise nothing changes and the stadium will empty long before the 2013 season ends.
    Last edited by the_firm_09; 12-29-2012 at 06:40 AM.

vCash
    Actually I don't know how to do a poll. So yeah maybe so. But I don't think this thread is poll worthy. There's too many options.

So if you were Mark Davis you would fire RM and DA... Ok who do you bring in?
    Don't like me?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    Actually I don't know how to do a poll. So yeah maybe so. But I don't think this thread is poll worthy. There's too many options.

So if you were Mark Davis you would fire RM and DA... Ok who do you bring in?
    Mark Davis was lead to hire a rookie GM, who hired a rookie head coach. The head coach proceeds to hire a rookie defensive corodinator, the head coach proceeds to hire an offensive coordinator that everyone hates. Mark Davis created this mess therefore he`s the only 1 responsible, no one else until you consider the football players.

We were stuck with Carson Palmer who has a history of getting everyone around him fired. He leaves the Bengals for 2 seasons, and they make the playoffs both years ( red flag ). Palmer lead the Raiders to 3 points in the first quarter the entire 2012 season, this is an NFL first. Palmer had 2 drives the entire season that were 5 minutes or longer. Palmer hasn`t won more than 4 games as a starter in years. Carson Palmer is finished as an Oakland Raider you can bank on that.

Jon Gruden has unfinished business in Oakland, he also has no other interest in working for another team, I imagine he would be working if he did. The good people of Oakland would welcome Mr. Gruden with open arms. The Oakland Raiders need a GM who isn`t looking to be tagged a genius, Rm is my humble opinion doesn`t have the smarts to take possession of the Lombardi trophy. I`m not certain who to replace Rm with at this minute, I do not like seeing him and his bobble head twin brother in the sky booth with chicken wing sauce smeared over their faces I know that.

Mark Davis needs to correct his mistakes, any inexperienced staff would taken those jobs if they were offered.

Widow don`t be mislead by Snake and the other Palmer supporters, theres no other explanation to support that man in Silver & Black.
    Last edited by the_firm_09; 12-29-2012 at 08:14 AM.

vCash
    Who would want to be Mark Davis right now? What a tough position to be in. If I were him I would go back and reflect on how Dad build this organization to begin with. Look, the whole Raider world knows Al stayed in the game too long and died with his boots on, however the Al that made this organization be one of the most feared franchises in sports history. Start with this:

1. Only Mark can see how RM is doing and none of us have any clue whats talked about behind closed doors. We would only be guessing.

2. Dennis Allen. Fired. He may be a good head coach someday however a rookie head coach needs to be brought into a situation where the former coach retired or got fired for only going 10-6 and should have won more. Not into a situation where a complete makeover is being done. The most bang for your buck is spent on a Head Coach. Go get a Gruden or someone in that caliber. Gruden may be over rated a bit however when he speaks people listen. More importantly when he speaks the players listen. Gruden is just an example.

3. Coordinators. That should be the Head Coaches responsibility to hire and fire. They are an extention of the head coach.

vCash
    Interesting take dog. Some good points in there.
    Don't like me?

vCash
    Don't be surprised if the coaches stay and players go!

vCash
    I still see a house cleaning continue into the 2013 season. It's unfortunate that as long as this continues we will see a constant struggle. I wasn't happy with the coaching carousel that plague this teams for the last 20+ years, that's why, I want to keep DA. I never liked Knapp the last time he was here, and I was disappointed when he was re-hired again. I except the rebuilding stage, there is a lot of theories of why this team is struggling. I too am discouraged because rookie coaches were brought in to lead this team. When Mark took over and finally hired a GM, that we were so desperately wanting and needing, the thought was that finally we would get credible coaches with some experience to manage this team. Not so. Until someone with some brains figures out where our deficiencies are, and corrects them, we will be left as a below .500 team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    Mark Davis was lead to hire a rookie GM, who hired a rookie head coach. The head coach proceeds to hire a rookie defensive corodinator, the head coach proceeds to hire an offensive coordinator that everyone hates. Mark Davis created this mess therefore he`s the only 1 responsible, no one else until you consider the football players.

We were stuck with Carson Palmer who has a history of getting everyone around him fired. He leaves the Bengals for 2 seasons, and they make the playoffs both years ( red flag ). Palmer lead the Raiders to 3 points in the first quarter the entire 2012 season, this is an NFL first. Palmer had 2 drives the entire season that were 5 minutes or longer. Palmer hasn`t won more than 4 games as a starter in years. Carson Palmer is finished as an Oakland Raider you can bank on that.

Jon Gruden has unfinished business in Oakland, he also has no other interest in working for another team, I imagine he would be working if he did. The good people of Oakland would welcome Mr. Gruden with open arms. The Oakland Raiders need a GM who isn`t looking to be tagged a genius, Rm is my humble opinion doesn`t have the smarts to take possession of the Lombardi trophy. I`m not certain who to replace Rm with at this minute, I do not like seeing him and his bobble head twin brother in the sky booth with chicken wing sauce smeared over their faces I know that.

Mark Davis needs to correct his mistakes, any inexperienced staff would taken those jobs if they were offered.

Widow don`t be mislead by Snake and the other Palmer supporters, theres no other explanation to support that man in Silver & Black.
    Mark was lead? By who? Mark Davis didn't create this mess his dad did. McKennzie didn't take the job to be labled a genius,he took the job because Mark Davis ,John Madden and Ron Wolf believed he is the man for the job. They would never say it in public but I gaurantee every one of those men knew how out of touch senior Davis had become in running HIS organization. The fact that you actually believe any onther coach would have faired better this year is funny. Mark Davis hasn't made any mistakes but he does have the responsibility of trying to fix the ones that were left behind........and they are many.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast