Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Garrett

vCash
    Let me start off by saying he has changed the way players (and us fans) feel about games. We always feel like we're in the game even when we're down 21-0. Aside from the bears and Seahawks games, these players haven't given up when faced with adversity. That's a product of good coaching. I commend him for that. However, his negatives out number his positives. Agaisnt the Seahawks they got up early and he failed to change his game plan to take advantage of their weakness, the middle of the field. He wanted to keep calling routes that went too deep instead of doing quick slants with miles and dez. The bears game was an all-around suck fest whether it was a bad throw, poorly run routes, dropped passes, blown coverages, poor tackling or what have you. The player were not prepared and that falls on the coaching staff. Then against the browns, bucs, and panthers, teams we should have blown out, we beat by a combined 14 points...a win is a win, but when you have playoff aspirations and you can barely beat bottom of the barrel teams, you aren't gonna go far. In this league. We have one win this year by more than 7 points. It's nice that we can win some close games, but every single ****ing game shouldn't be decided in the final minutes. We have been better here lately but we still make too many dumb penalties/mistakes, which is a result of poor coaching. He has also been a below average oc since 08. People say none of the good coaches call plays, why they say that I don't know because I have seen plenty of good coaches calling plays, so him being "overwhelmed" is no excuse. If he's overwhelmed, it's his own fault. He inherited a talented roster and he has under-acheived thus far. There are a lot of better options than him for head coach but jj will keep him around for next year even if we don't make the playoffs because there is a little bit of improvement from last year.

titties

vCash
    I guess i dont understand how you guy's no he isnt calling those type of plays.. How do you know he wasnt calling the plays to get the ball in the middle of the field, vs seattle? ( there weakness, has you said. )

Maybe he was, and it wasnt there like you thought it was, and romo was forced to go else where? maybe wr, were getting redirected? IDK...

maybe romo changed the play..

how do you know, garrett isnt calling the type of plays you want him to, but what we see on tv, isnt really whats going on, and its not there?

he could have sent witten, austin, and ogleetree all in the middle, and dez deep, and witten could have been number 1 read, austin number 2, and ogleetree number 3, all 3 were super covered, so romo went elsewere to dez..

then everyone yells at garrett for not going in the middle of the field, were thats the exact play he tried and call..

vCash
    he did call a couple plays like that and it worked, but it was too late. witten is big enough to not get redirected, plus tight ends hardly get jammed because of their size and its not like all of their corners are the best at jamming and redirecting receivers. also, when red gives romo the play for the huddle, he gives him two plays so if he has to he can audible out of the first play. if we hired a capable offensive (and defensive) coordinator that would handle the timeouts and play calls then id be fine with keeping red because i like that he has gotten the players to show some passion and fight back no matter the deficite, i just dont like himn doing anything else.

titties

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KillaSmoke View Post
    I wanna chalk his mistakes up as "learning on the job", but his lack of exploiting other teams weakness, coupled with his bad play calling has cost us a few games. He seems to fall short in Football 101, but excels at other things. Perfect example: what's the best way to help our injury riddled defense. Ball control. Run the damn ball. It's was clearly evident that we would not be able to stop NO. How do we contain them, run the ball, control the clock and convert on 3rd. There are other expamples. But I'll stop there.
    Exactly! My thing is injuries or not we have enough talent on the field to not be playing in a elimination game in the last week of the season once again! Due to mistakes we made earlier in the season loosing close games.

I think while our window is still open, hire a more experience Coach thats proven they can win in this league!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by notoriousbig21 View Post
    No^

Keep JG. Red has got us into a playoff game 2 years in a row. 3 year process. Stop changing coaches because we dont win the SB.

This team is gonna do big things when we are all healthy next year. Stability is key. I honestly thought we were a 7 win team with no shot to be alive come week 17. Here we are playing for the division with 7 of our top 14 D-men injured. That's incredible. This offense is starting to go and the defense will catch up next year. Its hard to be patient since we havent been to a NFC title game in almost 20 years but JG deserves another year for it to all come together.

My thing is Why Not Go After a better Coach, While to Quote Jerry Jones, ”The Window is still open!” How many seasons do we wait for him to learn on the job... ??

Sit back an think about why we are playing for a playoff spot in the last week of the season! And its due to his poor play calling and clock management!! Injuries are a part of the game and you have to learn to deal with that. Too much talent on this team!

If Jerry Jones wants to win Super Bowls, go after a proven winner now rather than later... Or else we will go through this same story every year until that Window is Closed!!!
    Last edited by gocoachmike; 12-28-2012 at 11:27 PM.

vCash
    Yea then we get Gruden and come up short again the next 2 years, then what? Get a new coach? Give him another year at least. Next year it'll be a more solid OLine. Hopefully no injuries to Demarco and Romo will be playing in a contract year if he doesn't get an extension. So the offense is set.

No way this defense suffers this many injuries and our young guys will be a year more experienced. The defense will be set.

Give JG the chance with an offense and defense that is arguably top 5 in the NFL and see what he does.

vCash
    I'll say it again, as an OC, Garrett has made zero improvements in the last 5 years...get a real OC in here and then keep garrett, I can live with that...

vCash
    Sean Payton got signed so there goes that option.

vCash
    agreed...

vCash

Garrett

I think Garrett remains HC. It wouldn't make sense to bring in someone new. I hope JJ has enough sense to think that being alive for a playoff spot in wk 17 with this depleted defense has to be viewed as a positive thing.

vCash
    would love to bring in norv as OC
    DALLAS COWBOYS 2-1 (BIG YEAR COMING FOR DEFENSE)

Mavs 0-0
    Monta Ellis + Dirk + Calderon + Rick = Best Monta you will see

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Romo2Witten82 View Post
    would love to bring in norv as OC
    Ding ding ding !!!! this is a move that would help out big time ....pay him like a coach he did wonders with Troy why not Tony ??

vCash
    I like what I have seen of late from this Cowboys team they are showing a lot of heart and toughness (considering the obscene amount of injuries), but still if we are to lose again on the last game of the season with playoffs at our fingertips what message are we sending for next season that being avg (8-8) and this is actually what JG's lifetime record will be .500 is good enough? This is the DALLAS COWBOYS the money we spend the players we pay we need to be playing in January and that simply has not happened with JG. But if we are to keep him I say we need to find an OC to call the plays, there are times where you can tell JG is a bit overwhelmed trying to make the big coaching decisions during the games and I believe it is due in large part to the fact that he is calling every offensive play throughout the game. That is the main issue I have had with JG through the years his offensive scheme is very predictable and basic.. Guys like Harris and Beasley have been misused all season, and even Dunbar for that matter.

vCash
    this last game alone proves jason garrett has no business coaching this team any further!
    the whole game i was begging for some screens and quick ins and outs....but no let the redskins blitz they're way in to the playoffs.....any veteran coach would have had a field day with as many guys they were sending in!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Fire this dumb *** coach...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast