Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I would trade them and rebuild. We could come out of that in a year, given our financial power.
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

[Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lassł
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    How about I write it by hand and scan it instead.......would that satisfy your sense of penmanship etiquette .

The best defense is a good offense and simply equalling the tactics of the aggressor gets you nowhere.
    That's an exaggeration. I simply suggested you not insult people. It's not much to ask really. That's a far cry from asking someone to write something by hand and scan it.

Anyway I would argue that by refraining from name calling after someone has attempted to insult you, and instead responding with logic you would actually far exceed the tactics of the "aggressor."
    Last edited by Phoba Rama; 12-29-2012 at 12:38 PM.

Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

vCash
    I'm all for tearing it apart and rebuilding it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    You kind of contradict yourself. You say how we're the richest team and then ask how many GMs have that track record. None do, you're right there. Now I will ask you:

How many GMs have had seemingly endless funds like Cashman and the Yankees to sign any super stars they want? Go ahead, I'll wait.

I don't hate Cashman as much as some on this board, but he is FAR from perfect too
    I understand that. But just because you have the money, doesn't mean anything. The money still has to be spent wisely.

Think about it like this, if you won the lottery, would you make sure you spent that money wisely so you never have to struggle for a penny again? Or would you be like this lady (forget her damn name!) who won the lottery TWICE and is now flat broke. You still need the brains to be able to spend wisely.

Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Post of the day.
    Thank you sir.

Like usual.....Ignorance, Ignorance Ignorance.

How many of those supposed World Series titles were brought by guys Cashman signed.

I can and will more than gladly post Brian Cashmans work history, as I've done before, with the dates of his tenure as GM which began in February 1998.

Unless of course you feel that the dynasty lineup of Paul O Neill, David Cone, Tino Martinez, Derek Jeter, Andy Pettitte, Bernie Williams, Cecil Fielder, Mariano Rivera, Scott Brosius, Chuck Knoblauch, Et all were actually signed/groomed by Brian Cashman AFTER he became GM in 1998.

What about Cashmans insistence that we not resign ARod. Where would his lone 2009 championship be then. Much as ARod is hammering us now, there would've been NO Brian Cashman championship without his stellar 2009 postseason. None.

Comical.

Oh come on Sauron, you know better. You act like all the guys that ever helped bring this team a title had nothing to do with Cashman. Do you ever think about the little guys who helped make this all possible? For example Aaron Boone? Now I know it's tough to predict that, and he doesn't make the lineups, but if there is no Boone signing, there probably is no Game 7 ending homer to take us to our 5th World Series in 6 years.

Cashman did not want A-Rod signed because as important as he was to our 2009 title, look what is happening now. We have to friggin worry about a tax threshold? Guess what, Cashman was right, and the owners were wrong. Because without that contract we don't have these problems. So you see, Cashman is not the one to blame on that part. He was absolutely RIGHT. Sure, MAYBE we don't win in 09, but if we listened to Cashman, we don't need to worry about our damn spending.

By the way, when a players contract is bought from the minors, guess who hands out those checks? So do we forget about Cano? HE brought us a title. Cashman era. What about Nick Swisher? He brought us a title. Cashman. Texeira? Sabathia? Dare I say Burnett? All Cashman signings. You mention A-Rod, but without those guys, there still is no title.

I understand you don't like Cashman and that is fine. You have your reasons. But to say Cashman is a bad GM is extremely ignorant.
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankees90. View Post
    I understand that. But just because you have the money, doesn't mean anything. The money still has to be spent wisely.

Think about it like this, if you won the lottery, would you make sure you spent that money wisely so you never have to struggle for a penny again? Or would you be like this lady (forget her damn name!) who won the lottery TWICE and is now flat broke. You still need the brains to be able to spend wisely.

Thank you sir.

Oh come on Sauron, you know better. You act like all the guys that ever helped bring this team a title had nothing to do with Cashman. Do you ever think about the little guys who helped make this all possible? For example Aaron Boone? Now I know it's tough to predict that, and he doesn't make the lineups, but if there is no Boone signing, there probably is no Game 7 ending homer to take us to our 5th World Series in 6 years.

Cashman did not want A-Rod signed because as important as he was to our 2009 title, look what is happening now. We have to friggin worry about a tax threshold? Guess what, Cashman was right, and the owners were wrong. Because without that contract we don't have these problems. So you see, Cashman is not the one to blame on that part. He was absolutely RIGHT. Sure, MAYBE we don't win in 09, but if we listened to Cashman, we don't need to worry about our damn spending.

By the way, when a players contract is bought from the minors, guess who hands out those checks? So do we forget about Cano? HE brought us a title. Cashman era. What about Nick Swisher? He brought us a title. Cashman. Texeira? Sabathia? Dare I say Burnett? All Cashman signings. You mention A-Rod, but without those guys, there still is no title.

I understand you don't like Cashman and that is fine. You have your reasons. But to say Cashman is a bad GM is extremely ignorant.

You're not getting off that easily. THIS is what YOU wrote, your very own words, in Post#56 on page 4 of this very thread

Quote Originally Posted by yankees90. View Post
    Lets ask fans around PSD and see how many of them would trade there teams problems for ours. It seems like Yankees fan these days complain more then ever....

- Richest team in baseball, so yes, we should be throwing that money around. SHOULD.

- You can't blame anyone for prospects not panning out. It's a crapshoot and comes down to how the player performs.

- Cano, if not traded, is here in 2014. Do you guys forget how much money is off the books after this year?

- Cashman has brought us 4 ws titles during his tenure, including 6 trips to the WS. Division titles every year he was in office except 2008. Name me another GM right now who has that track record, or show me a fan from any other team that would complain about that. He is a good GM. Period. He is one of the reasons (along with the owners) that you sit in a 1.3 billion dollar stadium and complain when you have superstars up and down the rosters.

Like usual....spoiled, spoiled, spoiled.

I understand the future of this team may not look THAT bright right now, but the future still has some time to develop. I will hold off judgement on that part until the time comes. Aside from that, super stoked for the 2013 season.
    Well, golly geez, I didn't know we were now into revisionist history as the immortal Brian Cashman, and his executive "baseball acumen" were supposedly now responsible for constructing the dynasty lineups of 1998, 1999, and 2000. Exactly which one of those dynasty lineup stalwarts NOT named David Justice was Cashman responsible for grooming, developing, signing, etc. etc. etc. etc. (if you insist on disputing this point I can and will MORE THAN GLADLY repost, yet again, the dates of those lineups acquisitions indexed against Cashmans employment history)

And if you're going to start touting the almighty Nick Swisher as some sort of October offensive playoff savior then I'm just going to have to sit back and consume copious amounts of popcorn watching that comedy routine unfold.

AJ Burnett you say????? but.....then again.....maybe youre right. Maybe, just maybe, 2009 was the year that little Nicky Swisher was going to upturn his entire career October offensive matrice and connect in the clutch for the first ever, MLB 5 run homer.....

While Alex may indeed be hanging us now, and I've never shied away from that fact, without him there would be no 2009 lone Cashman era championship.. His late inning playoff heroics are beyond dispute.

If you can't even admit that then, and try not to take too much offense at this, you truly are a blind Cashman supporter.....
    Last edited by sauronthepower; 12-29-2012 at 08:05 PM.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    this "rip it down and build it back up" thing is nonsense

vCash
    TY GO EDIT YOUR POST!!!!! looking out for you!!

vCash
    Imagine if the Yanks...

1. Made their own brand of beer! I'll buy irt!

2. Signed Bourne

3. Traded for Morse

4. Traded Granderson

5. Mysteriously lose A-rod

6. Accidentally sell Cano back to the DR

i ran out...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Imagine if the Yanks...

2. Signed Bourne

3. Traded for Morse

4. Traded Granderson

i ran out...

vCash
    Imagine if the Yanks...

2. Signed Bourne

3. Traded for Morse

4. Traded Granderson

i ran out...
    #3 would make my next three Christmas'

vCash
    You're not getting off that easily. THIS is what YOU wrote, your very own words, in Post#56 on page 4 of this very thread

Well, golly geez, I didn't know we were now into revisionist history as the immortal Brian Cashman, and his executive "baseball acumen" were supposedly now responsible for constructing the dynasty lineups of 1998, 1999, and 2000. Exactly which one of those dynasty lineup stalwarts NOT named David Justice was Cashman responsible for grooming, developing, signing, etc. etc. etc. etc. (if you insist on disputing this point I can and will MORE THAN GLADLY repost, yet again, the dates of those lineups acquisitions indexed against Cashmans employment history)

And if you're going to start touting the almighty Nick Swisher as some sort of October offensive playoff savior then I'm just going to have to sit back and consume copious amounts of popcorn watching that comedy routine unfold.

AJ Burnett you say????? but.....then again.....maybe youre right. Maybe, just maybe, 2009 was the year that little Nicky Swisher was going to upturn his entire career October offensive matrice and connect in the clutch for the first ever, MLB 5 run homer.....

While Alex may indeed be hanging us now, and I've never shied away from that fact, without him there would be no 2009 lone Cashman era championship.. His late inning playoff heroics are beyond dispute.

If you can't even admit that then, and try not to take too much offense at this, you truly are a blind Cashman supporter.....

The years 1989-1991 were the main reasons for the Dynasty years.......and good trades of getting Cone, Paulie, Clemens and Tino. And George's willingness to spend on key free agents.
    Nick

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombtista View Post
    How have the Yankees never had to rebuild in the past? Seems like the smartest move right now
    We have. It took about 15 years.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Imagine if the Yanks...

2. Signed Bourne

3. Traded for Morse

4. Traded Granderson

i ran out...

He fell into his mirror while gazing longingly at himself. A new novel called, Arod through the Looking Glass. He could be searching for his lost swing.

vCash
    man you guys really love to play lawyer on this board.

you think granderson or cano could fetch shelby miller and oscar tavares from the cards? i would do that in a heartbeat

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    The years 1989-1991 were the main reasons for the Dynasty years.......and good trades of getting Cone, Paulie, Clemens and Tino. And George's willingness to spend on key free agents.
    So.....we're going to attack it from this angle now.

George attempted to trade Mo and Bernie on two separate occasions. Michael personally walked him back from the ledge. Let's start there.

Let's look at who WAS (and it wasn't an erstwhile neophyte assistant to the assistant GM, whose sole responsibility was to analyze market flow on concessions, as someone actually tried to farcically and comically parlay as revisionist fact last year) oversaw the grooming and development of Jeter, Williams, Rivera, Posada, and Pettitte. It certainly wasn't George and it certainly wasn't Stump Merrill.

How about Cashmans reference on Fatcesa in late October of this year that the organization still utilizes the "Michael Philosophy" when analyzing hitters and potential offensive acquisitions.

No.....we are not about to rewrite franchise history to simply minimize the impacts of Bob Watson and Stick Michael and thereby excuse the innumerable missteps and incompetencies of our current "executive in charge of baseball decisions" to the passage of time.

Not in the least.
    Last edited by sauronthepower; 12-30-2012 at 12:17 PM.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast