Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nomorecurry View Post
    I would dump salary tomorrow if we had the right GM I mean where are we going with this team I dont think they can win a world series they dont grind out at bats they dont push the other teams defense they dont look to get deep into bullpens they just dont do what it takes to win a series and Im very suprised Girardi is ok with this rebuild tomorrow nobody even likes this team I have a buisness right near the stadium and believe me real Yankee fans dont come anymore there is no energy at all.Real Yankee fans will accept rebuilding and doing it the right way we had a run that will never be duplicated look at it this way our closer is 43 shortstop almost 40 arod is so shot from steroids he cant stay healthy do you realize he was an embarasment in the playoffs our centerfielder looked like he was lost Cano hasnt run out a ground ball in years Tex never shows up in big spots we could go on for hours this team is going no place DUMP NOW PLAY SOME KIDS AND REBUILD the yes network will still make money and coporate will still buy tickets I lived with the Knicks the last decade I can deal with a few down years with the Yankees
    You are VERY right about our problems. Personally I don't think we have the mechanisms in place to come up with the right solutions to these problems.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    He has to trade them now, but he wont

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by uwish1127 View Post
    He has to trade them now, but he wont
    Trade who?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Exactly. At least if we had a decent GM, we could make the post season now and then. What can we do?
    I know, we have been so deprived of success because of how terrible Cashman is. He is terrible!

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Exactly.

They relied on rookies because they refused to seriously engage in Santana (cue the but Santanas hurt hindsight collective whine) and left themselves open to having to rely on untested rookies. So yes, that's Cashmans fault for having poor long term franchise vision. Then of course there was the insistence not to get involved in Haren or Halladay (which was my original point, but you made it about 2007 so we'll start there) because we supposedly had the young chips in Joba, Hughes, and Montero with the B's in the pipeline.

And where has that gotten us.

Joba and Hughes a mediocre shell of their former hyped up selves, the B's all but lost to insignificance and Montero netting us an injury prone clown.

Yep that sounds like that couldn't have been avoided by better planning.

how many bust SP did the rays throw outthere until they finally got it right and started drafting better? i wouldnt call hughes and joba bust or mediocre. Its a trial and error process but with a twist cause theres so much demand for the yankees its unfair for what ever GM they bring to try to develop from within and have to stand with the pressures of constant winning... I am content with how the team has performed . For crying out loud they are relevant year in and year out and thats more than any other fanbase can appreciate.

I dont expect nor want the Yankees to win every freaking year so why is this such an importance for fans here to blast on such a successful organization. I could understand if year in and year out we pretend to be an elite team and never even make the playoffs

vCash

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Chughes View Post
    Two things. First of all, Cashman's insistence on not signing A-Rod would look oh so good right now. Would 2009 have happened? Maybe not, but rest assure that money would have been reallocated somewhere else and the team would have competed. Perhaps they would have been better in 2010, 2011, and 2012 as a result of the financial flexibility. Really, it's all speculation. Anyway, that's just a minor point. I definitely don't want to get back into the history of Cashman again, but I just wanted to point out that him not wanting to sign A-Rod to the worst contract in baseball history for what ultimately resulted in one championship might not be my sticking point if I was to criticize him.
    I know that Adrian Beltre was on the Yankees radar when they signed A-Rod. I have no doubt in my mind that if A-Rod hadn't been signed, the Yankees would have had Beltre and a stud pitcher the last few years. Then everyone would be lauding Cashman's brilliance. The Yankees also might not have been so desperate for a young pitcher to be compelled to trade Montero for Pineda. Plus the $189 million albatross might not be lessened. Hank Steinbrenner really hurt the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    If I told you the Yanks were offered Cliff Lee and Domonic Brown for Cano, would you take it?
    So we can get even older and have another guy with injury issues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    ...actually became sellers for one year.

Imagine the hauls we could get for trading the following expiring deals:

Cano
    Grandy
    Joba
    Hughes

If we traded all four in various deals, could we not restock the upper levels of the farm, while setting up the 2014 team and beyond?

Question is: Would this fan base be on board with one year of cleaning house for another decade of a new young core to compliment our aging vets on long term deals?

I would love this because I truly believe none of these 4 players will be here anyway in 2014.

Is the financial risk of an empty stadium in 2013, worth the upside of building a new core?

Thoughts?
    that would be Nirvana brother

you are a prophet

I wish we would just rip it down and build it up

this stop gap crap drives me nuts

I would personally like to see this organization stripped down naked and just start over

our stadium wont be empty, ill be there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse2272 View Post
    that would be Nirvana brother

you are a prophet

I wish we would just rip it down and build it up

this stop gap crap drives me nuts

I would personally like to see this organization stripped down naked and just start over

our stadium wont be empty, ill be there

Why would people pay to see a 70-92 team?

25,000-30,000 would be tops...

I agree to strip it down but the stadium will be empty.
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Why would people pay to see a 70-92 team?

25,000-30,000 would be tops...

I agree to strip it down but the stadium will be empty.
    Yankees aren't losing 92 games and they'll lead the league in attendance as usual. Some of you are way out of control.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Tell you what doctor, I'll skip the usual tirade just to point out that I pointed out that that contract is indeed hammering us. I'm not, and have never, tried to hide from that.

What I will say is that their is no maybe about it. Arods late inning heroics staved off elimination and that cannot be argued.

Now, as far as taking the advice of your philosophy on Internet protocol.

Why don't you look up in post #56 of this very thread on page 4 how said poster actually was the FIRST one to hurl personal insults.

I certainly would've thought That your advanced medical training would've taught you to look at everything before you jump in rashly . When mocked I will certainly mock back and I think you realize by now that I don't feel answerable to your sense of offended decorum.

Thanks for the advice anyway.

I'll take it under consideration.

As for the A-Rod thing, there is absolutely a maybe about it. If A-Rod is not resigned the 2009 team is a completely different team. Do they win the world series? maybe not. No one can say for sure that they wouldn't though.

As for the second part, who insulted who first doesn't change my point. Obviously the other poster, whomever that was, should take the advice under consideration as well. I noticed your post because of the overly used emoticons, bold print, etc. Everyone has their own arguing style, but in my experience you will get a lot further with people if you are polite about your response and appeal to logic rather than insults and name-calling, even if the other person called you a name first.

Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

vCash
    Yankees aren't losing 92 games and they'll lead the league in attendance as usual. Some of you are way out of control.
    I think he was referring to the record they would have in the hypothetical situation where Cano and Granderson were traded.

Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    how many bust SP did the rays throw outthere until they finally got it right and started drafting better? i wouldnt call hughes and joba bust or mediocre. Its a trial and error process but with a twist cause theres so much demand for the yankees its unfair for what ever GM they bring to try to develop from within and have to stand with the pressures of constant winning... I am content with how the team has performed . For crying out loud they are relevant year in and year out and thats more than any other fanbase can appreciate.

I dont expect nor want the Yankees to win every freaking year so why is this such an importance for fans here to blast on such a successful organization. I could understand if year in and year out we pretend to be an elite team and never even make the playoffs
    Joba and Hughes have been a SIX year trial and error period.

So what shall we give them to exhaust your sense of faith in them: ten years?twelve years?

And mediocre is a generous term when describing Joba's resume.

I don't need to win every year and there have been years where I thought it has been beneficial to the sport that we didn't. But Cashmans resume of post dynasty acquisitions that HE was directly responsible for signing, and not riding the success coattails of previous regimes, has been one championship in eleven years and that one championship was predicated upon the antics of the one player who Cashman was ADAMENT we don't sign.

vCash
    Don't underestimate the power of pissing off stub hub.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Chughes View Post
    As for the A-Rod thing, there is absolutely a maybe about it. If A-Rod is not resigned the 2009 team is a completely different team. Do they win the world series? maybe not. No one can say for sure that they wouldn't though.

As for the second part, who insulted who first doesn't change my point. Obviously the other poster, whomever that was, should take the advice under consideration as well. I noticed your post because of the overly used emoticons, bold print, etc. Everyone has their own arguing style, but in my experience you will get a lot further with people if you are polite about your response and appeal to logic rather than insults and name-calling, even if the other person called you a name first.
    How about I write it by hand and scan it instead.......would that satisfy your sense of penmanship etiquette .

The best defense is a good offense and simply equalling the tactics of the aggressor gets you nowhere.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast