Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 162
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,518
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Then what of your retoric about Pineda's injury? Isn't that also hindsight?

    Now you could point out a previous injury, but I could point out several peripherals of Santana pointing to decline. So it's not as though he came without question marks.
    Or without a huge price tag.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Barren, Desolate Wastes of Angband
    Posts
    3,420
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Or without a huge price tag.
    And our need was great.

    YOU were the one who said their were NO options available a few posts ago in defense of Joba, Hughes, Kennedy rotation that left us out of October play for the first time in 13 seasons.


    And so, a new era begins.....

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Barren, Desolate Wastes of Angband
    Posts
    3,420
    vCash
    1500
    And, yes, I am well aware that Sabathia was lurking on the free agency radar going forward.


    And so, a new era begins.....

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Barren, Desolate Wastes of Angband
    Posts
    3,420
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Then what of your retoric about Pineda's injury? Isn't that also hindsight?

    Now you could point out a previous injury, but I could point out several peripherals of Santana pointing to decline. So it's not as though he came without question marks.
    We're there no peripherals on Carl Pavano's resume prior to his breakout in '04.

    I've posted his career numbers multiple times on these boards questioning why such a spotty, and some would say sh&@ty work history was so lavishly rewarded.


    And so, a new era begins.....

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Barren, Desolate Wastes of Angband
    Posts
    3,420
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yankees90. View Post
    Lets ask fans around PSD and see how many of them would trade there teams problems for ours. It seems like Yankees fan these days complain more then ever....

    - Richest team in baseball, so yes, we should be throwing that money around. SHOULD.

    - You can't blame anyone for prospects not panning out. It's a crapshoot and comes down to how the player performs.

    - Cano, if not traded, is here in 2014. Do you guys forget how much money is off the books after this year?

    - Cashman has brought us 4 ws titles during his tenure, including 6 trips to the WS. Division titles every year he was in office except 2008. Name me another GM right now who has that track record, or show me a fan from any other team that would complain about that. He is a good GM. Period. He is one of the reasons (along with the owners) that you sit in a 1.3 billion dollar stadium and complain when you have superstars up and down the rosters.


    Like usual....spoiled, spoiled, spoiled.

    I understand the future of this team may not look THAT bright right now, but the future still has some time to develop. I will hold off judgement on that part until the time comes. Aside from that, super stoked for the 2013 season.
    Like usual.....Ignorance, Ignorance Ignorance.

    How many of those supposed World Series titles were brought by guys Cashman signed.

    I can and will more than gladly post Brian Cashmans work history, as I've done before, with the dates of his tenure as GM which began in February 1998.

    Unless of course you feel that the dynasty lineup of Paul O Neill, David Cone, Tino Martinez, Derek Jeter, Andy Pettitte, Bernie Williams, Cecil Fielder, Mariano Rivera, Scott Brosius, Chuck Knoblauch, Et all were actually signed/groomed by Brian Cashman AFTER he became GM in 1998.

    What about Cashmans insistence that we not resign ARod. Where would his lone 2009 championship be then. Much as ARod is hammering us now, there would've been NO Brian Cashman championship without his stellar 2009 postseason. None.

    Comical.

    Last edited by sauronthepower; 12-28-2012 at 03:16 PM.


    And so, a new era begins.....

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Barren, Desolate Wastes of Angband
    Posts
    3,420
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Ignorance, ignorance ignorance.

    How many of those supposed World Series titles were brought by guys Cashman signed.

    I can and will more than gladly post Brian Cashmans work history, as I've done before, with the dates of his tenure as GM which began in February 1998.

    Unless of course you feel that the dynasty lineup of Paul O Neill, David, Cone, Tino Martinez, Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera, Scott Brosius, Chuck Knoblauch, Et all were actually signed by Brian Cashman AFTER he became GM in 1998.

    What about Cashmans insistence that we not resign ARod. Where would his lone 2009 championship be then.

    Comical.

    ***** slap of the day.....


    And so, a new era begins.....

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,518
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    And our need was great.

    YOU were the one who said their were NO options available a few posts ago in defense of Joba, Hughes, Kennedy rotation that left us out of October play for the first time in 13 seasons.
    I was not the one who said that.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Barren, Desolate Wastes of Angband
    Posts
    3,420
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    I was not the one who said that.
    Sorry about that.

    Hope you weren't maligned by my blind anger.....


    And so, a new era begins.....

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,518
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Sorry about that.

    Hope you weren't maligned by my blind anger.....
    I was but I'll survive.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey/Delaware/PA
    Posts
    1,918
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Then what of your retoric about Pineda's injury? Isn't that also hindsight?

    Now you could point out a previous injury, but I could point out several peripherals of Santana pointing to decline. So it's not as though he came without question marks.


    Took the words right out of my mouth.


    Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey/Delaware/PA
    Posts
    1,918
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Like usual.....Ignorance, Ignorance Ignorance.

    How many of those supposed World Series titles were brought by guys Cashman signed.

    I can and will more than gladly post Brian Cashmans work history, as I've done before, with the dates of his tenure as GM which began in February 1998.

    Unless of course you feel that the dynasty lineup of Paul O Neill, David Cone, Tino Martinez, Derek Jeter, Andy Pettitte, Bernie Williams, Cecil Fielder, Mariano Rivera, Scott Brosius, Chuck Knoblauch, Et all were actually signed/groomed by Brian Cashman AFTER he became GM in 1998.

    What about Cashmans insistence that we not resign ARod. Where would his lone 2009 championship be then. Much as ARod is hammering us now, there would've been NO Brian Cashman championship without his stellar 2009 postseason. None.

    Comical.

    Two things. First of all, Cashman's insistence on not signing A-Rod would look oh so good right now. Would 2009 have happened? Maybe not, but rest assure that money would have been reallocated somewhere else and the team would have competed. Perhaps they would have been better in 2010, 2011, and 2012 as a result of the financial flexibility. Really, it's all speculation. Anyway, that's just a minor point. I definitely don't want to get back into the history of Cashman again, but I just wanted to point out that him not wanting to sign A-Rod to the worst contract in baseball history for what ultimately resulted in one championship might not be my sticking point if I was to criticize him. Again, I'm not asking for your token Cashman bashing tirade in response, just arguing this one move.

    Secondly, the way you argue makes it hard to take anything you say seriously. When you begin by insulting people and calling them ignorant, nobody wants to agree with you, and your "rhetoric" is not good enough to justify the insults and convince people that you are in fact right. It's also a childish way to formulate arguments and your credibility is severely damaged when you act in that manner.


    Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    83
    vCash
    1500
    I would dump salary tomorrow if we had the right GM I mean where are we going with this team I dont think they can win a world series they dont grind out at bats they dont push the other teams defense they dont look to get deep into bullpens they just dont do what it takes to win a series and Im very suprised Girardi is ok with this rebuild tomorrow nobody even likes this team I have a buisness right near the stadium and believe me real Yankee fans dont come anymore there is no energy at all.Real Yankee fans will accept rebuilding and doing it the right way we had a run that will never be duplicated look at it this way our closer is 43 shortstop almost 40 arod is so shot from steroids he cant stay healthy do you realize he was an embarasment in the playoffs our centerfielder looked like he was lost Cano hasnt run out a ground ball in years Tex never shows up in big spots we could go on for hours this team is going no place DUMP NOW PLAY SOME KIDS AND REBUILD the yes network will still make money and coporate will still buy tickets I lived with the Knicks the last decade I can deal with a few down years with the Yankees

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,518
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nomorecurry View Post
    I would dump salary tomorrow if we had the right GM I mean where are we going with this team I dont think they can win a world series they dont grind out at bats they dont push the other teams defense they dont look to get deep into bullpens they just dont do what it takes to win a series and Im very suprised Girardi is ok with this rebuild tomorrow nobody even likes this team I have a buisness right near the stadium and believe me real Yankee fans dont come anymore there is no energy at all.Real Yankee fans will accept rebuilding and doing it the right way we had a run that will never be duplicated look at it this way our closer is 43 shortstop almost 40 arod is so shot from steroids he cant stay healthy do you realize he was an embarasment in the playoffs our centerfielder looked like he was lost Cano hasnt run out a ground ball in years Tex never shows up in big spots we could go on for hours this team is going no place DUMP NOW PLAY SOME KIDS AND REBUILD the yes network will still make money and coporate will still buy tickets I lived with the Knicks the last decade I can deal with a few down years with the Yankees
    I sense frustration.

    While all or some or a small part of what you say may be true (yes, we have a bunch of old guys and they did indeed suck wind in the ALCS), this team won 95 games which was more than any other team in the AL won, so all is not without hope. Most of those old guys are back and they're a little bit older, but the "play some kids and rebuild" argument is one I have a hard time buying into. I might be able to buy into it if you could tell me:

    Which "kids" do you want to play? The only OF prospect close to being ready for prime time is Melky Mesa, whose only claim to fame so far is that he failed to step on 3B in that one post-season game. Oh, and he strikes out a lot. You want to see him in RF instead of Ichiro?

    Also, what do we do with the old guys who still have years left on their contracts? Tex and A-Rod will be here until they're gray. Plus, there aren't any "kids" ready to step in and take their spots. Jeter won't be here forever, but he was pretty good last year and we don't really have a "kid" to take his place unless you really want to watch Nunez trying to play SS every day.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    18,907
    vCash
    1500
    I guess people forget..that um...these little things exist.

    . , ;

    I can't even begin to read something; unless it has SOME punctuation.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Barren, Desolate Wastes of Angband
    Posts
    3,420
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Chughes View Post
    Two things. First of all, Cashman's insistence on not signing A-Rod would look oh so good right now. Would 2009 have happened? Maybe not, but rest assure that money would have been reallocated somewhere else and the team would have competed. Perhaps they would have been better in 2010, 2011, and 2012 as a result of the financial flexibility. Really, it's all speculation. Anyway, that's just a minor point. I definitely don't want to get back into the history of Cashman again, but I just wanted to point out that him not wanting to sign A-Rod to the worst contract in baseball history for what ultimately resulted in one championship might not be my sticking point if I was to criticize him. Again, I'm not asking for your token Cashman bashing tirade in response, just arguing this one move.

    Secondly, the way you argue makes it hard to take anything you say seriously. When you begin by insulting people and calling them ignorant, nobody wants to agree with you, and your "rhetoric" is not good enough to justify the insults and convince people that you are in fact right. It's also a childish way to formulate arguments and your credibility is severely damaged when you act in that manner.
    Tell you what doctor, I'll skip the usual tirade just to point out that I pointed out that that contract is indeed hammering us. I'm not, and have never, tried to hide from that.

    What I will say is that their is no maybe about it. Arods late inning heroics staved off elimination and that cannot be argued.

    Now, as far as taking the advice of your philosophy on Internet protocol.

    Why don't you look up in post #56 of this very thread on page 4 how said poster actually was the FIRST one to hurl personal insults.

    I certainly would've thought That your advanced medical training would've taught you to look at everything before you jump in rashly . When mocked I will certainly mock back and I think you realize by now that I don't feel answerable to your sense of offended decorum.

    Thanks for the advice anyway.

    I'll take it under consideration.
    Last edited by sauronthepower; 12-28-2012 at 10:41 PM.


    And so, a new era begins.....

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •