Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    even though this is painful for me to say it would be better if the Yanks lost this year. They could trade off some pieces like Granderson and Cano and reload the farm system and roster with young talent while next offseason the Yankees could use all the money saved from their free agents to make good signings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post
    even though this is painful for me to say it would be better if the Yanks lost this year. They could trade off some pieces like Granderson and Cano and reload the farm system and roster with young talent while next offseason the Yankees could use all the money saved from their free agents to make good signings.
    Not saying I disagree, but what "good signings" would you make next offseason?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C.ap'nC.runch View Post
    Here's who is a free agnt of note:

Thereís not much in the way of catchers, and none at the age you would like to see. Brian McCann will be 30 and a free agent. The question is do you want to sign a 30 year old catcher to a long term deal? Outside of him there is Jarrod Saltalamacchia. He has done it in the AL East, but do you want to pay premium dollars to him for the high homerun, low average hitter youíre going to get? If thatís the case, Russell Martin should have been re-signed this off-season.

At second base, thereís nothing that is going to come close to Robinson Cano. In this case, itís Robinson Cano or youíre probably best off looking at in house options. Chase Utley will be 35, and the only other decent names are Alexi Casilla, Brian Roberts, and Aaron Hill. Iíll pass.

Jeter will be our shortstop, and Tex will be our first baseman. At third base, the Yankees are going to either have to look in house or basically go down the same list they did this year after A-Rod went down with injury.

In the outfield there is Nate McLouth (32), Jacoby Ellsbury (30), the Grandy Man (33), Hunter Pence (31), Shin-Soo Choo (31), and a bunch of old heads. There could be a deal to be had somewhere in that group. If so, another hole will be plugged.

There are a few pitchers who, if still available, would be good choices to fill the holes that will be left behind when Pettitte, Kuroda, and Hughes leave after this season. Josh Johnson, Tim Lincecum, Matt Garza, Gavin Floyd, Ricky Nolasco, Edinson Volquez, and Adam Wainwright are names that could end up being popular at the Winter Meetings next year.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C.ap'nC.runch View Post
    honestly i would have to look at the list. One guy i know that i would look into is Lester if he returns back to form. But who knows maybe they lose and are able to get top prospects that are plugged into starting spots immediately

vCash
    yanks were 7 games from winning it all. I'm shocked on how easily people are jumping off the ship. Boston is cleaning house so we have to as well? Lets also not forget what boston did with the money they cleared, they signed a buncha bums to overpaid contracts. Even with money to spend they can't get quality. Thats because quality isn't usually let go so easy.

so to summarize (i'm being sarcastic here) lets trade cano to save money let granderson go so we can sign players like napoli? shane ? and any other bum boston signed this off season?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrTK9lvkCQg

My tribute to edwin Encarrrrnacioooooon...... Been an amazing fantasy replacement whle arod was hurt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carnage101 View Post
    yanks were 7 games from winning it all. I'm shocked on how easily people are jumping off the ship. Boston is cleaning house so we have to as well? Lets also not forget what boston did with the money they cleared, they signed a buncha bums to overpaid contracts. Even with money to spend they can't get quality. Thats because quality isn't usually let go so easy.

so to summarize (i'm being sarcastic here) lets trade cano to save money let granderson go so we can sign players like napoli? shane ? and any other bum boston signed this off season?
    wrong what i am saying is to reload the team with young talent but that would only be if they lost. I don't want them to lose but if it happened then they could clear up payroll to make better baseball descisions

vCash
    wrong what i am saying is to reload the team with young talent but that would only be if they lost. I don't want them to lose but if it happened then they could clear up payroll to make better baseball descisions
    I just disagree. Yanks are clearing payroll so they can overspend everyone else in the future. Either that or sell the team to someone who's willing to spend like the dodgers.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrTK9lvkCQg

My tribute to edwin Encarrrrnacioooooon...... Been an amazing fantasy replacement whle arod was hurt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post

Which Yankee team had the highest opening day payroll of any team in MLB history?
    You know as well as I do that they were locked on bad contracts so the highest payroll is moot. They pretty much shut down the purse strings that year as they have this.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    while i would love to make the team younger, trading away granderson and cano along with swisher departing and the decline of arod and teix you can expect a good trade in return but still doubt you would get back enough power to make the team relevant. So it would be more than a one year thing since you have to give time for those you trade for to get through their growing pains and start to click in. So people would be complaining

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    You know as well as I do that they were locked on bad contracts so the highest payroll is moot. They pretty much shut down the purse strings that year as they have this.
    who was out there to pursue? the only reason they did shut down is cause the next year was going to be a FA bonanza in talent and the guy they went all out to get didnt fall for them since they got out bid (thank god) in daisuke matsuzaka. So who exactly were the yankees going to spend on the 2007 FA class?
    and going with hughes joba and kennedy was the right choice, the wrong one was after they struggled deleting the idea, cashman cant be blamed for the rookies performance, they were rookies, it was expected.

vCash
    Lets ask fans around PSD and see how many of them would trade there teams problems for ours. It seems like Yankees fan these days complain more then ever....

- Richest team in baseball, so yes, we should be throwing that money around. SHOULD.

- You can't blame anyone for prospects not panning out. It's a crapshoot and comes down to how the player performs.

- Cano, if not traded, is here in 2014. Do you guys forget how much money is off the books after this year?

- Cashman has brought us 4 ws titles during his tenure, including 6 trips to the WS. Division titles every year he was in office except 2008. Name me another GM right now who has that track record, or show me a fan from any other team that would complain about that. He is a good GM. Period. He is one of the reasons (along with the owners) that you sit in a 1.3 billion dollar stadium and complain when you have superstars up and down the rosters.

Like usual....spoiled, spoiled, spoiled.

I understand the future of this team may not look THAT bright right now, but the future still has some time to develop. I will hold off judgement on that part until the time comes. Aside from that, super stoked for the 2013 season.
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees
    71-66

G: 123 | AVG: .261| HR: 3| RBI: 37| OBP: .309 | SLG: .311 | wOBA: .281 | wRC: 74

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    who was out there to pursue? the only reason they did shut down is cause the next year was going to be a FA bonanza in talent and the guy they went all out to get didnt fall for them since they got out bid (thank god) in daisuke matsuzaka. So who exactly were the yankees going to spend on the 2007 FA class?
    and going with hughes joba and kennedy was the right choice, the wrong one was after they struggled deleting the idea, cashman cant be blamed for the rookies performance, they were rookies, it was expected.
    Exactly.

They relied on rookies because they refused to seriously engage in Santana (cue the but Santanas hurt hindsight collective whine) and left themselves open to having to rely on untested rookies. So yes, that's Cashmans fault for having poor long term franchise vision. Then of course there was the insistence not to get involved in Haren or Halladay (which was my original point, but you made it about 2007 so we'll start there) because we supposedly had the young chips in Joba, Hughes, and Montero with the B's in the pipeline.

And where has that gotten us.

Joba and Hughes a mediocre shell of their former hyped up selves, the B's all but lost to insignificance and Montero netting us an injury prone clown.

Yep that sounds like that couldn't have been avoided by better planning.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Exactly.

They relied on rookies because they refused to seriously engage in Santana (cue the but Santanas hurt hindsight collective whine) and left themselves open to having to rely on untested rookies. So yes, that's Cashmans fault for having poor long term franchise vision. Then of course there was the insistence not to get involved in Haren or Halladay (which was my original point, but you made it about 2007 so we'll start there) because we supposedly had the young chips in Joba, Hughes, and Montero with the B's in the pipeline.

And where has that gotten us.

Joba and Hughes a mediocre shell of their former hyped up selves, the B's all but lost to insignificance and Montero netting us an injury prone clown.

Yep that sounds like that couldn't have been avoided by better planning.
    Then what of your retoric about Pineda's injury? Isn't that also hindsight?

Now you could point out a previous injury, but I could point out several peripherals of Santana pointing to decline. So it's not as though he came without question marks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankees90. View Post
    Lets ask fans around PSD and see how many of them would trade there teams problems for ours. It seems like Yankees fan these days complain more then ever....

- Richest team in baseball, so yes, we should be throwing that money around. SHOULD.

- You can't blame anyone for prospects not panning out. It's a crapshoot and comes down to how the player performs.

- Cano, if not traded, is here in 2014. Do you guys forget how much money is off the books after this year?

- Cashman has brought us 4 ws titles during his tenure, including 6 trips to the WS. Division titles every year he was in office except 2008. Name me another GM right now who has that track record, or show me a fan from any other team that would complain about that. He is a good GM. Period. He is one of the reasons (along with the owners) that you sit in a 1.3 billion dollar stadium and complain when you have superstars up and down the rosters.

I understand the future of this team may not look THAT bright right now, but the future still has some time to develop. I will hold off judgement on that part until the time comes. Aside from that, super stoked for the 2013 season.
    You kind of contradict yourself. You say how we're the richest team and then ask how many GMs have that track record. None do, you're right there. Now I will ask you:

How many GMs have had seemingly endless funds like Cashman and the Yankees to sign any super stars they want? Go ahead, I'll wait.

I don't hate Cashman as much as some on this board, but he is FAR from perfect too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankees90. View Post

Post of the day.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast