Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    vCash
    bob watson and stick michaels also drafted a lot of bust players when jeter was drafted they didnt even want him, it was pure luck we got Jeter cause they were ready to pounce on jeffrey hammonds
    Last edited by infernoscurse; 12-30-2012 at 12:47 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    bob watson and stick michaels also drafted a lot of bust players
    Funny how all those pesky dynasty championships broke towards the successful players brought in and/or developed under their vision yet Cashman has had no such luck in his eleven years of post dynasty play.

Amazing how that works, isn't it???????????????????

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash

Yankees 4evr!

The current team will compete with the other teams this year and probably win we will have a great team in the future too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rikij01 View Post
    The current team will compete with the other teams this year and probably win we will have a great team in the future too.
    Welcome to Pro Sports Daily.

vCash
    In other news....................................I never thought I'd hear myself say these words but, apparently..........Ugueth Urbina has just "become available"

And no, I'm not endorsing him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Yankees aren't losing 92 games and they'll lead the league in attendance as usual. Some of you are way out of control.
    If Cano, Grandy, Hughes, Pettitte and Kuroda were traded.
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    In other news....................................I never thought I'd hear myself say these words but, apparently..........Ugueth Urbina has just "become available"

And no, I'm not endorsing him.
    Most people should be given a 2nd chance but not this guy he was in jail for attempted murder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Most people should be given a 2nd chance but not this guy he was in jail for attempted murder.
    Yeah I'm all for giving Hamilton a couple of more goes but this guy tried to set 5 migrant workers on fire.

vCash
    Yeah I'm all for giving Hamilton a couple of more goes but this guy tried to set 5 migrant workers on fire.
    Sorry, but that sounds funny. I believe it actually might be funny.

vCash
    Funny how all those pesky dynasty championships broke towards the successful players brought in and/or developed under their vision yet Cashman has had no such luck in his eleven years of post dynasty play.

Amazing how that works, isn't it???????????????????
    having an unbiased conversation with you is pointless cause everything to you is based on your bias opinions. in your eyes all the bad things that have happened to the yankees is sorely Brian cashmans fault because based on your view with so many resources hes only won 1 championship. one of the Worst Gm's has recently won 2 World series does that make him any good? cause brian sabean sucks as a GM. There are too many factors to just blame on one guy. you praise Bob watson and stick michaels but put them in the position of the Yankees now in 2012 and would they be able to turn it around? I absolutely think not, its too many different factors that go into play just like our Dynasty team I believe would fail in todays game.

Baseball changes too much and sometimes you need things to fall in place, for all we know the 98 team we had would get swept by todays tigers, for all we know Arod would have left ater he opted out and this money would have gone to 2 star players that brought us 2 championships? but based on your hindsight opinions we wouldnt have won 2009 without Arod and we have no way to know that, in 09 there was just no real competition, we were just that dominant of a team and got hot and confident at the right time.

But you can put your blame on cashman and find any little thing to backup your hindsight arguments, thats cool , that makes you happy. But No GM in baseball is the sole reason for a teams success, neither is their money or their players, there are too many factors that go into account. I am content with such a team that has been relevant for a decade.

vCash
    having an unbiased conversation with you is pointless cause everything to you is based on your bias opinions. in your eyes all the bad things that have happened to the yankees is sorely Brian cashmans fault because based on your view with so many resources hes only won 1 championship. one of the Worst Gm's has recently won 2 World series does that make him any good? cause brian sabean sucks as a GM. There are too many factors to just blame on one guy. you praise Bob watson and stick michaels but put them in the position of the Yankees now in 2012 and would they be able to turn it around? I absolutely think not, its too many different factors that go into play just like our Dynasty team I believe would fail in todays game.

Baseball changes too much and sometimes you need things to fall in place, for all we know the 98 team we had would get swept by todays tigers, for all we know Arod would have left ater he opted out and this money would have gone to 2 star players that brought us 2 championships? but based on your hindsight opinions we wouldnt have won 2009 without Arod and we have no way to know that, in 09 there was just no real competition, we were just that dominant of a team and got hot and confident at the right time.

But you can put your blame on cashman and find any little thing to backup your hindsight arguments, thats cool , that makes you happy. But No GM in baseball is the sole reason for a teams success, neither is their money or their players, there are too many factors that go into account. I am content with such a team that has been relevant for a decade.
    Sabean is a train wreck. The Giants winning two WS underscores how arbitrary the post-season can be and how irrelevant the GM can be in its outcome.

vCash

Just as having a factual conversation with you is pointless.

You defeated your own bias trying to equate Watson and Michael to Cashman and Levine.

Just as you currently defeat your blind defense of the man when trying to now reduce the four dynasty championships and the current state to mere chance or as you so amateurishly put it "the way things break."

Are we now into exonerating the accountibility of the top executive decision maker as an excuse instead of a rational reason?

In order to make you feel better, I'll excuse Nick Swisher, Robinson Cano, Tom Gordon, Russel Martin, and a couple of others as lackluster play not necessarily due to any Cashman "bias" as you put it.

Since you're probably in need to hear the sound of your own voice you'll come back yet again to the contextual arguements of 2012.

Im cool with that but, rest assured, the facts VERY CLEARLY and HISTORICAlLY speak for themselves: the dynasty lineups constructed exclusively by Watson, Showalter, and Michael brought in 4 championships in 5 years. Brian Cashman has been GM of this team since February 1998 wherein he inheritted on the coattails of the previously aforementioned virtually identical rosters and talent .

However, our little general has also had exclusive (a term HE insisted be a rider in his contract renewal) creative control since November 2006. When the post dynasty lineups and players were lost to age in 2002, the Cashman era ect greatnbegan, an era which has brought about REPEATED October failure despite escalating payroll, piss poor developmental management, and questionable executive "baseball decisions."

I know, i know.....I sound like a spoiled child that I should actually expect greatness every year with the highest salary structure and resource base in the game when others should just be happy to beat up on the 2011 69 win Orioles or the Royals. We should expect to pay top shelf premiums for every bit of the fan experience and then be content to console ourselves with the mantra that we should count our lucky stars that we have such a crafty executive regime that simply gets us to the top of a 5 team division with resources, prestige and yes finances that far exceed the hopes and dreams of 85% of our competetors. I must be truly spoiled to expect resuts that equate to this plethora of riches.

Is it REAlLY all that much to expect to beat 3-4 other teams in your division to get into October baseball. However, some of you would have us be thankful that we get that far. By my math, beating 3 or 4 inferior teams and simply qualifying (the reality of October berths) with the finances and resources far exceeding most of your competition, is hardly setting the bar too high.

But then, maybe, you are content to value simply rising above 3-4 inter divisional teams and not compete against the rest of the game annually.

But I digress.

And since you are apparently now reduced to contextuallizing all of our problems to the current situation, might I ask just whose office the buck has stopped with these past 14 seasons.

Are we now earning the salary and title of General Manager bereft ofthe responsibilities and accountibility. Unless, of course, you feel that Carl Pavano, AJ Burnett, Michael Pineda, The Killer B's, just to name a very very few were all great but misunderstood and misaligned moves.

Name calling after defeat is hardly befitting one of your "stature....."
    Last edited by sauronthepower; 12-30-2012 at 10:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Sabean is a train wreck. The Giants winning two WS underscores how arbitrary the post-season can be and how irrelevant the GM can be in its outcome.
    Arbitrary over a decade and many, many examples sounds more like dodging accountibility IMHO.

vCash
    I disagree with your posts mainly cause you think I am a cashman supporter in the way that I defend every move he makes and he makes no wrong when I am critical when I need to be, I just dont accuse all of the failures to him. And yes again , we won with players that stick michael put together as GM, but a lot of things justhappened to go right, he wanted jeffrey hammonds, wasn t going to take jeter if hammonds fell to him, if george would of had his way our core wouldnt even be with us and the story would have been different and we couldnt make Gene michael as highly touted as you make him to be. If Stick was so great why isnt he a GM somewhere building championships? after not being a GM he was head of scouting for us, what great players did he net us after that dynasty? or was cashman at fault for not knowing more than stick when they drafted Eric duncan? john griffin? david parrish? why didnt gene net us more awesome dynasty prospects since he was incharge of our scouting? i guess that was cashmans fault also

also how is it that we just barely qualified for post season by having one of the top records, i would understnd if we just made it due to the wild card but we have had best records for years. a lot of factors take into account, most teams that just make it are the ones who end up winning it all

too many factors, its not brian, nor gene, nor gm, nor manger, nor players or opponents, baseball is too dependent of too many factors

vCash
    I just think Cashman has been good at signing the "outside the box" players on short terms deals, who have turned out to be VERY huge assets to this team in the last few years.

Colon
    Garcia
    Eppley
    Rapada
    Ibanez
    Jones (2011)
    Chavez
    Aardsma (time will tell, but potential is high)
    Ichiro

These guys have really stepped up for this time when we needed them and in turn it makes Cashman look really smart.

But if they stunk, it would make him look stupid for signing washed up veterans.

Seriously, I find it difficult to "rate" GM's. It's all up to the players.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast